Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cloth, Bone, and Alchemy     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cloth, Bone, and Alchemy

Once I hit 75 with my PLD (72 right now), I think I'm going to finally start a craft. The problem is I'm not sure which one i want to do. Cloth I hear takes a huge investment, but big output with HQs. Same for Bone. Alchemy I'm not quite sure of what you can do... My question is, about how much money will it take to take each of these crafts to 100, and can they all yield a high profit?

Thanks.

^me.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

If you're looking for profit, people will probably say you stay away from alchemy. True that the materials are easy to come by (at least starter levels), but at high end, alchemists tell me the only things that you can do that yields money is o-hat synthesis pop items and cursed crimson sets. I wouldn't know. I got goldsmithing to 41.

Clothcraft and bonecraft I only know out of what people tell me. Clothcraft is like goldsmithing but with more access to materials. With new armor in store, there's always a need for blessed gear, noble tunics, etc. But with bonecraft, scorpion harnesses are good money, and the claw drops from various sources...but if you ask me, by the time I quit, seems like everybody had one, so I'm not sure if there is still profit for scorpion harnesses or not since the demand is going down...I am guessing.

Hope that helps.

Don't know about your server, but Red Grass Cloth sells a bloody fortune in stacks (400k+) on Fairy. It's also relatively easy to obtain if you have the patience.

Currently 53.7 Clothcraft, I can give you some advice if you want, however, I farm[ed] the vast majority of my materials, so a few levels I have some obscure synthesis skillups.

WTF, 400k? Jesus, hell with arhat +1, I'd be making red grass.

Clothcraft it is then... That was the one I wanted to do more anyways, and I'm already level 6... ^^; All suggestions welcome; I think I'm going to check out a guide as well, though.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    WTF, 400k? Jesus, hell with arhat +1, I'd be making red grass.
    Was awhile ago, not sure if that price changed or not, don't ask me why the hell it costs so damn much XD

Scarlet Linen is 100k a stack

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

Bonecraft gets you alot of gil too.

I'm on Shiva server with a 85+1 Alchemy, And as what was said there isn't a whole lot of stuff you can do to make money. Every now and then you can find the AH out of silent oils and sell them pretty fast for 20-25k a stack. And there are some ninja weponds that dont sell bad either, But aside form that there isn't much. I lvl'd it up so i can get a shot at Blood gear for my RDM :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Clothcraft it is then... That was the one I wanted to do more anyways, and I'm already level 6... ^^; All suggestions welcome; I think I'm going to check out a guide as well, though.
    FYI to be a good clothcrafter, you need 60 in Goldsmithing, Smithing, and Leathercraft for SURE, and then it helps to have 60 in Bonecraft, Woodworking, and Alchemy as well.

By the way, Clothcraft and Goldsmithing, IMHO are about equally expensive. GS maybe a bit more but shit... higher level CC is sooooooooooooooo bastard. I'm 78+2 at the moment. Leveling all my subs right now. I'm about half way to 60 on all of them.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

True, theres also no way possible that you can farm the amount of silk you need from 53-88...heh.

Quote Originally Posted by deadzee
    True, theres also no way possible that you can farm the amount of silk you need from 53-88...heh.
    3 stacks of silk cloth on hand and haven't made a Green Ribbon yet. Level 54 Clothcraft. Of course I farm my materials, the vast majority anyway. I don't have many activities to do otherwise, so this pretty much kills the time for myself.

I won't give away the research I have on these recipes, but here's a look at the ones I do for profit. It's easy to find the money recipes in any craft. The hard part is getting a craft high enough to do them, then getting lucky synthing under the 'ideal conditions.' You have to make a big investment in time and money to raise a craft, then get used to trying for HQ and taking the losses when you don't succeed.

Bonecraft
    Coral Earring, Coral Ring, Cursed Gloves, Demon Helm, Eremite's Ring, Eris' Earring, Igqira Manillas, Igqira Tiara, Igqira Weskit, Inferno Sabots, Ivory Sickle, Justaucorps, Quadav Barbut, Reraise Gorget, Reraise Hairpin, Scorpion Harness, Wyvern Helm

Clothcraft
    Aketon, Arhat's Gi, Black Cloak, Blessed Mitts, Blessed Trousers, Blue Cape, Cheviot Cape, Cursed Mitts, Cursed Slacks, Devotee's Mitts, Elite Beret, Errant Hat, Errant Houppelande, Errant Slops, Femina Subligar, Lilac Corsage, Noble's Tunic, Opaline Dress, Opaline Hose, Rainbow Cape, Rasetsu Sune-Ate, Rasetsu Tekko, Sha'ir Seraweels, Sha'ir Turban, War Brais, War Gloves, War Shinobi Gi, Yagudo Headgear

I plan on just getting an easy craft up high (cooking or alchemy. I'm doing alchemy) and just whoring as much gil as possible, then overwrite my alchemy with a better craft, or just level the new craft on a mule.