Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ForeverLover in Sky (Crearie)

Last night we (Dark Prophecy) outpulled ForeverLover on Zipacna and beat it despite some casual (although belated) attempts at MPK.

An hour or two later, we get to Genbu and FL is already gathering on the island to kill Genbu. We drop back down to the main level (leaving one person up top so we know when it's ready for us). FL takes Genbu, we head up, they leave. One of their members (Crearie) is there, seemingly AFK, for whatever reason.

We have about 22 people, so a couple of the melee are planning on switching out. Someone new to the LS does their WS and promptly leaves the alliance with hate... things get screwy for a bit as we try to get hate back. This would be no biggie, except...

Crearie gets a Dia off on Genbu, then promptly CFH while he/she/it has claim. Then starts doing /emote laugh. Grrrr. Crearie wanders around briefly and makes some irritating emotes, eventually logs out. Logs back in later, then leaves. Begin marathon kiting session.

Long story short: an hour and a half later (time not exaggerated), our first GM call comes through shortly after we've completed our logout and back in to reset hate. It looks to me like someone ran within aggro range after they logged out and back in to redraw aggro, so we're not sure if we're going to be able to do this. We're down to 9 people at this point, as it's late and people are tired and/or angry.

While I'm conversing with the GM (Ekateria?), CFH comes off. Coincidence or not, I dunno. GM says he/she had nothing to do with and promises to investigate the matter. Crearie has logged off for good by this point, apparently. We end up killing Genbu (although it takes a lot longer than it should have with only 9 people) and getting decent drops (thank God).

Anyone else had this problem with FL and Crearie in particular? Secondly, I know GM's "don't do anything," but does anyone know of a situation where someone has logged out after performing grief tactics and been pulled into Mordion Gaul later?

I dunno, I guess I just don't understand the mindset. There's no conceivable way Crearie could have profitted from his/her escapades other than to grief. Stealing a claim that's killable is sure as hell rude, but at least there's some profit in it. Doing something just to fuck up someone else's day is ... wrong.

Don't mind me, just whining I guess.

enkrateia is a dirty whore

Because you outpulled them on zip they were probably pissed, and never never pop it with any of those assholes on the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    Because you outpulled them on zip they were probably pissed, and never never pop it with any of those assholes on the island.
    provided u can fight without switching ppl claim doesn't come off now i think they fixed the bug, anyway theres no way to keep them off, only need 1 person to CFH on each island, not that hard to do for anyone with 6 computers i'd imagine, maybe next time just bring 1 alliance, if they die u kick them out to invite new, but don't switch

Yeah but its not fair to those people who help you hunt pop items to have to sit on the sidelines. That was probably the hardest thing to ohave to do up there was make sure everyone got a shot if for nothing more then a weaponskill. Maybe Orfeo was whoring himself out to the gil sellers for sex maybe thats why they left the island when we would come up

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah but its not fair to those people who help you hunt pop items to have to sit on the sidelines. That was probably the hardest thing to ohave to do up there was make sure everyone got a shot if for nothing more then a weaponskill.
    That may be true, but I think after last night, that will probably be a policy, except for in the case of death. Of course, this would be harder on other NM's where you might actually NEED to switch people in and out of the main alliance.

Or maybe use that condition when there is someone else on the island that you don't know/trust.

EDIT: Added last sentence as an afterthought.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can kill gods with 18 people or less. <_<

Yeah but its not fair to those people who help you hunt pop items to have to sit on the sidelines. That was probably the hardest thing to ohave to do up there was make sure everyone got a shot if for nothing more then a weaponskill. Maybe Orfeo was whoring himself out to the gil sellers for sex maybe thats why they left the island when we would come up

Just make sure EVERYONE disengages before they disband. DO NOT KICK ANYONE. Hell, even have monks whip out their staff for chi blast then disengage.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i hope it was because foreverlover is causing so much competition up in sky, but i remember just 3 weeks ago when if you were camping something, and another ls showed up, they would let you have the nm, respect was shown, but not anymore, FF must be hard up for a genbu, me and my ls were camping zip for 3 hours and we were the only ones in the zone, zip pops and bam, ff runs in claims and takes off, then another incident with them later on with another ls

now i know it technically wasnt stealing, but like i said, there used to be respect in sky, not anymore, i was shown that its now every ls for themselves

its just sad, very sad

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Sky has become what every other overcamped HNM in the game has become. No surprise that it's cutthroat when nothing's up anymore.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ForeverLover = gilsellers I think man.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

ForeverLover are definitely gilsellers. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Also, doesn't disengaging sometimes cause the mob to go yellow for a fraction of a second if somebody else in the alliance doesn't do damage to it right away? Or was that one of the things they changed during the last big patch?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic
    i hope it was because foreverlover is causing so much competition up in sky, but i remember just 3 weeks ago when if you were camping something, and another ls showed up, they would let you have the nm, respect was shown, but not anymore, FF must be hard up for a genbu, me and my ls were camping zip for 3 hours and we were the only ones in the zone, zip pops and bam, ff runs in claims and takes off, then another incident with them later on with another ls

now i know it technically wasnt stealing, but like i said, there used to be respect in sky, not anymore, i was shown that its now every ls for themselves

its just sad, very sad

Ummmm Zipacna is not poped god, it is an nm just like any other nm. You guys are asking for the equivilent of us telling FI "hay gusy we ben herre 4 longer than u can we have nidhogg prz keke ^___^".

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/190/mwspainb99uy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rahskala
    ForeverLover are definitely gilsellers. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Also, doesn't disengaging sometimes cause the mob to go yellow for a fraction of a second if somebody else in the alliance doesn't do damage to it right away? Or was that one of the things they changed during the last big patch?
    Never happened when I have fought something and people disengage, and if it did go unclaimed somebody would swing and reclaim before dia went off

Relic Shield
    BG Level

its just sad, very sad
    I think it is one thing to claim despot when another ls has been trying to pop it and another thing entirely to come in and take an NM that just spawns.

Any RNG can just sit there widescanning waiting for it to pop.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Never happened when I have fought something and people disengage, and if it did go unclaimed somebody would swing and reclaim before dia went off
    The problem we found is when someone whacks it and promptly disbands, rather than disengaging. Hate ends up on them and then all sorts of funky shit can happen, and hate may fly all over God's green earth.

Was it our fault that we gave them a chance? Sure. Could we have done things differently? Yup. Will we learn from our lesson? Hell yes. But it just irks me that half the co-ordination that comes with fighting gods comes from keeping your claim from being stolen.

Of course, with the new /blockaid command, this will make these things much easier. Yeah, you have to coordinate a little bit better regarding people in or out of the alliance, but it still improves your chances of succeeding or failing on your own, which is what I would ideally like.[/quote]

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

its just sad, very sad
    ROFLMAO. dude, you guys were busy fighting enkidu, as it popped, and went down the stairs, i voked it. i knew something like this was gonna head towards BG forums, cuz lame ass ppl like you who whine, cry, complain always come here and post stupid threads or comments like this. Point is, you were busy fighting something else. And about how it used to be with if u see a LS camping something, we usually do go do soemthing else. 1 problem, gilsellers are there 24/7 for faust, zip. what more can we do? everyone needs god seals for kirin, do we not?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

btw did that DRK from your ls end up going to GM jail? LoL

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    I think it is one thing to claim despot when another ls has been trying to pop it and another thing entirely to come in and take an NM that just spawns.

Any RNG can just sit there widescanning waiting for it to pop.
    Which is what most linkshells will do, send a ranger in to scan it. I totally agree with the Despot thing, Caretakers need to be killed before it can pop and whoever is there trying to pop it should have it. We've had this happen a few times whereas another linkshell running by would aggro Despot while we were fighting a Caretaker and they would kill it cause they had aggro, but give us the item since we were there. The rest are fair game imo.