Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 158

Thread: OMG at update details..     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,674
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    OMG at update details..

    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news5120.shtml

    - The notorious monsters listed below will slowly grow in strength after a certain amount of time has passed since being claimed:
    King Arthro / Simurgh / Roc / Serket / Capricious Cassie /Lord of Onzozo / Behemoth / King Behemoth / Adamantoise / Aspidochelone / Fafnir / Nidhogg
    *This time period will vary for each notorious monster.
    - A new command "/blockaid" has been added.
    "/blockaid" has the following effect:
    Magical assistance (such as "Cure" and "Protect"), trades, party invites etc. from non-party/alliance characters will be blocked.
    - Players will no longer be able to use spells or abilities to claim a monster as soon as it appears.
    If players attempt to use spells or abilities to claim a monster before a set amount of time has passed since it appeared, they will not be able to use those spells etc. again for a certain duration.

  2. #2
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    188
    BG Level
    3

    LOL, Awesome.

  3. #3
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    339
    BG Level
    4

    Re: OMG at update details..

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news5120.shtml

    - The notorious monsters listed below will slowly grow in strength after a certain amount of time has passed since being claimed:
    King Arthro / Simurgh / Roc / Serket / Capricious Cassie /Lord of Onzozo / Behemoth / King Behemoth / Adamantoise / Aspidochelone / Fafnir / Nidhogg

    *This time period will vary for each notorious monster.
    Are they trying to make things unbeatable? I mean, make us wewaker, make them stronger...

    they're trying to make -everything- more challenging. Why don't they just use their time to make more stuff?

  4. #4

    wtf..?

  5. #5
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    339
    BG Level
    4

    - Players will no longer be able to use spells or abilities to claim a monster as soon as it appears.
    If players attempt to use spells or abilities to claim a monster before a set amount of time has passed since it appeared, they will not be able to use those spells etc. again for a certain duration.

    O.O

  6. #6
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    579
    BG Level
    5

    no more voke spamming

  7. #7

    Re: OMG at update details..

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekhami
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news5120.shtml

    - The notorious monsters listed below will slowly grow in strength after a certain amount of time has passed since being claimed:
    King Arthro / Simurgh / Roc / Serket / Capricious Cassie /Lord of Onzozo / Behemoth / King Behemoth / Adamantoise / Aspidochelone / Fafnir / Nidhogg

    *This time period will vary for each notorious monster.
    Are they trying to make things unbeatable? I mean, make us wewaker, make them stronger...

    they're trying to make -everything- more challenging. Why don't they just use their time to make more stuff?
    I don't mind more challenging stuff. When you kill serket/roc/simurgh (some supposedly hard stuff back in the day) with 3 people something is wrong.

  8. #8
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    339
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Liltwin
    no more voke spamming
    No more Gilseller/Better Connection/Bot claims? Or, at least, a drastic reduction of them?

  9. #9
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,674
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    - Fellowship NPCs will now disappear after defeating a predetermined number of enemies even if the NPC remains in battle mode.

    No more -ga3ing 30 mobs after 14 regular kills.

  10. #10
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    339
    BG Level
    4

    Re: OMG at update details..

    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekhami
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news5120.shtml

    - The notorious monsters listed below will slowly grow in strength after a certain amount of time has passed since being claimed:
    King Arthro / Simurgh / Roc / Serket / Capricious Cassie /Lord of Onzozo / Behemoth / King Behemoth / Adamantoise / Aspidochelone / Fafnir / Nidhogg

    *This time period will vary for each notorious monster.
    Are they trying to make things unbeatable? I mean, make us wewaker, make them stronger...

    they're trying to make -everything- more challenging. Why don't they just use their time to make more stuff?
    I don't mind more challenging stuff. When you kill serket/roc/simurgh (some supposedly hard stuff back in the day) with 3 people something is wrong.
    Makes sense to me. I haven't gotten there yet, but I'd like some challenge.

  11. #11

    I wonder how it will work though? Everyone just kinda stand off to one side, fafnir/whatever pops, everyone runs and waits to be able to claim it? O.o;

    How will you know when you can claim it...?

    It's a good thing though. Now we will actually see stuff before it gets claimed

  12. #12

    - Players will no longer be able to use spells or abilities to claim a monster as soon as it appears.
    If players attempt to use spells or abilities to claim a monster before a set amount of time has passed since it appeared, they will not be able to use those spells etc. again for a certain duration.


    wtf?!

  13. #13

    At least they found a way to finally stop fucking cure bombs.

  14. #14
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    339
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    - Fellowship NPCs will now disappear after defeating a predetermined number of enemies even if the NPC remains in battle mode.

    No more -ga3ing 30 mobs after 14 regular kills.
    what is -ga3ing?

  15. #15
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,352
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Kuno PLs her NPC <_<

  16. #16

    how do we claim stuff?

  17. #17
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,572
    BG Level
    6

    "- The notorious monsters listed below will slowly grow in strength after a certain amount of time has passed since being claimed:
    King Arthro / Simurgh / Roc / Serket / Capricious Cassie /Lord of Onzozo / Behemoth / King Behemoth / Adamantoise / Aspidochelone / Fafnir / Nidhogg
    *This time period will vary for each notorious monster. "

    That may be more for trying to prevent people holding an NM rather than to make them harder

  18. #18
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    339
    BG Level
    4

    what does

    -ga3ing
    and
    cure bombs mean?

    Sorry for the newbish questions.

  19. #19
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    367
    BG Level
    4

    a

  20. #20
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,572
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Scunsion
    how do we claim stuff?
    Chances are you wait for them to pop (so that everyone can see them) and then you provoke or whatever.

    Its kind of like Fafnir saying 'Here I am, you may provoke me in 5 seconds ok?'

    That is what I'm guessing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Upcoming Version Update Details (02/14/2007)
    By Spira in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 332
    Last Post: 2007-02-17, 17:06
  2. Update details (12/18/06)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 2006-12-18, 22:29
  3. (fake) Additional Update Details ( 11/28/06 )
    By Viktor Vaughn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2006-11-29, 16:28
  4. Update Details (10/18/06)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 265
    Last Post: 2006-10-21, 00:32
  5. Aug. 2, 2006 (JST) Update Details
    By Deadhead in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-08-01, 12:12
  6. 7-24-06 Update Details
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 2006-07-25, 01:36
  7. Update details
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 2006-02-21, 23:58
  8. Update Details dec 13
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 2005-12-12, 21:28