Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG at update details..     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    "- The notorious monsters listed below will slowly grow in strength after a certain amount of time has passed since being claimed:
    King Arthro / Simurgh / Roc / Serket / Capricious Cassie /Lord of Onzozo / Behemoth / King Behemoth / Adamantoise / Aspidochelone / Fafnir / Nidhogg
    *This time period will vary for each notorious monster. "

That may be more for trying to prevent people holding an NM rather than to make them harder
    oh man, that's pretty good.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

- The notorious monsters listed below will slowly grow in strength after a certain amount of time has passed since being claimed:
    King Arthro / Simurgh / Roc / Serket / Capricious Cassie /Lord of Onzozo / Behemoth / King Behemoth / Adamantoise / Aspidochelone / Fafnir / Nidhogg
    Fucking owned! Say goodbye to all the linkshells who take 2 hours to kill Fafnir.

nuuuu! no more fafnir with 7 ppl ; ;

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhami
    what does

-ga3ing
    and
    cure bombs mean?

Sorry for the newbish questions.
    ga3ing = Using Tier 3 -ga spells
    cure bombs = using cure on another alliance to get hate, to fuck them over.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

-ga3 is what it sounds like, casting -ga3 spell on a ton of mobs. Before the patch you could only kill 15 mobs (although thats probably still true) before your npc goes away. So I would kill 14 mobs regularly, and before my npc left I got like 10 more mobs and killed them all in one shot. :3

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Same can be said for JP LSs who melee kings w/o weapons to move them into JP prime time lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

No more Serket-soloing...Serket-duo if you suck. I'm guessing.

Banned.

BG Level

a

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Liltwin
    what does

-ga3ing
    and
    cure bombs mean?

Ah, thank you very much ^.^

I'm thankful to be a member of your forums to say the least. I ask these questions elsewhere and am flamed away

You guys rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltwin
    what does

-ga3ing
    and
    cure bombs mean?

Ah, thank you very much ^.^

I'm thankful to be a member of your forums to say the least. I ask these questions elsewhere and am flamed away

You guys rock.
    /ma "Fire III" Mekhami <3

- The behavior of Fellowship NPCs has been adjusted.
    They had 'behavior'? I thought just randomly spammed JAs.

- Fellowship NPCs will now disappear after defeating a predetermined number of enemies even if the NPC remains in battle mode.
    - Signal pearls will now fail to activate when the number of members and Fellowship NPCs in a party totals six or more.
    - An issue wherein the special properties of certain equipment intended to affect a player's wyvern or avatar extended to Fellowship NPCs has been addressed.
    - When asking for a new signal pearl, the relationship between a player and a Fellowship NPC will now worsen slightly.
    - After certain conditions are met, players will be able to keep their Fellowship NPC around for extended adventuring.
    blah blah blah, let's move to the endgame stuff plz

- An issue where Stona did not cure Level 5 Petrify has been addressed.
    kthx<3

- An issue where the birds in Bibiki Bay known as "tragopans" did not drop crystals has been addressed.
    Killed them in PT on my BRD; thought this was odd...

- An issue where players would not gain experience for defeating certain notorious monsters has been addressed.
    - The message "(Monster name)'s strength is impossible to gauge!" will now be displayed when using the "check" command on pets summoned by notorious monsters.
    Yes, we care about XP and /checks. So much.

- The notorious monsters listed below will slowly grow in strength after a certain amount of time has passed since being claimed:
    *This time period will vary for each notorious monster.
    Good thing for: Stopping LSes from holding HNM for 30min+
    Bad thing for: LSes that Sleep II mob to let tank voke for a bit to build hate.

- The name of the notorious monster "Macan Gadungan" has been changed to "Kirata."
    Blah blah, we don't care. <3

- The number of "glass sheets" produced by synthesis has been changed.
    - The drop percentage for "silica" has been adjusted.
    - Certain other monsters will now drop the item "silica."
    *Changes in relation to the item "silica" have already been partially implemented. Further changes will be made during today's maintenance.
    - It is now possible to mine "silica" in Tahrongi Canyon and the Maze of Shakhrami.
    Crafting shit--something that applies to less than 10% of us.

- An issue concerning the ability to earn experience points from a wider range of monsters (implemented in the July 19 version update) not functioning correctly for levels ten and below has been addressed.
    - An issue where spells such as "Dispel" and songs such as "Magic Finale" did not affect the white magic spell "Stoneskin" has been addressed.
    - An issue where mannequin poses did not function as selected has been addressed.
    Cool, cool, and cool. Whatever.

- A new command "/blockaid" has been added.
    "/blockaid" has the following effect:
    Magical assistance (such as "Cure" and "Protect"), trades, party invites etc. from non-party/alliance characters will be blocked.
    The "/blockaid" effect will be canceled if the player temporarily logs out to the PlayOnline Viewer, logs out, changes areas, or is KO'd.
    Command/Subcommands:
    /blockaid on
    Activate the blockaid effect.
    /blockaid off
    Cancel the blockaid effect.
    /blockaid
    Display current blockaid status.
    There is a God. This takes away a lot of MPK ability.

- Players will no longer receive "Trade" offers from characters on their blacklist.
    Thanks for the update!

- Players will no longer be able to use spells or abilities to claim a monster as soon as it appears.
    If players attempt to use spells or abilities to claim a monster before a set amount of time has passed since it appeared, they will not be able to use those spells etc. again for a certain duration.
    This is a bad thing. If you are not JP, this is a very bad thing. So the mob goes yellow at the same time for everyone. Same exact time. Who wins? Person with the lowest latency. You are less likely to win by physical means by:

A. Living further away from the server
    B. Having a poorer connection speed

So, yes, that just made JPs more powerful in pulling. Continuing on...

- The incomplete synthesis recipe for the "A Moral Manifest?" quest has been corrected.
    - Several other minor issues have been addressed.
    Good, let's put in the big things in the middle, and surround it with all the little stupid crap.

This update would pain me if I still played. lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    -ga3 is what it sounds like, casting -ga3 spell on a ton of mobs. Before the patch you could only kill 15 mobs (although thats probably still true) before your npc goes away. So I would kill 14 mobs regularly, and before my npc left I got like 10 more mobs and killed them all in one shot. :3
    I heard that NPC only receives XP from mobs it fights. Might just be a rumor though. But is your NPC lvl 50 yet then?

i dunno if the new nm claiming thing will really change anything...once an NM is able to be claimed JPs will still probably see the change first and it will still be a voke fest to a certain extent, interesthing those...very interesting....

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

BTW, that /blockaid thing should fix crafters ever having to worry about getting owned by some noob casting Protect on everyone and casting it on you while you're crafting something.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scunsion
    i dunno if the new nm claiming thing will really change anything...once an NM is able to be claimed JPs will still probably see the change first and it will still be a voke fest to a certain extent, interesthing those...very interesting....
    Maybe you're supposed to engage/shoot stuff to claim it now. >.>

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pure speculation, but the penalty on spam voking might be similar to that of when you are paralyzed.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scunsion
    How about those virtue stones with a delay of 1? Can't remember if I dreamed up that delay or not. Just chuck them til you get it. Advantage Seamen?

thats actually something to think about cuz engaging and attacking isnt a job ability or magic

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

>But is your NPC lvl 50 yet then?

No I was in Florida for most of this update so I missed out on alot of npc leveling. It's only 32. :3

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Maybe you're supposed to engage/shoot stuff to claim it now. >.>
    lol Pulling with Darts.... oh shit I might have given out a secret