Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: That's messed up     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

that's messed up. But if the gil was removed because it wasn't "legit" funds then shouldn't the item also have been returned to Jiraya?

Xavier

Thats so gay. I'd raise hell until all of Square knows, nonstop phone calls, nonstop GM pages, etc. Total bullshit.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thats sooooooooooo fucked up......how is that even possible...................................!!!, when an item is stolen from any player a GM is not allowed to do anything.....i have lost an item before all the GM said was send in a report on POL If the GM wanted ro fix things he would take back the item and give it to Jiraya and take the gil back. That GM is a fucking asshole that should die irl

editedlolz

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Well, I posted this in the Alla forums where this first appeared, but their's a nice little caviet in the recently updated rules of conduct that allows this to happen.

- Engaging in fraudulent acts within the game:
    Fraudulent acts, such as dellberately breaking a promise, deceiving other players, or concluding an exchange unfairly, can destroy trust between players and inhibit the healthy growth of the in-game community. Such acts are, therefore, strictly prohibited. Players found to be engaging in such acts will be penalized in accordance with the PlayOnline Member Agreement. In addition, all records of those players in question will be thoroughly reviewed, and all items and gil obtained through such acts will be confiscated.

(edit: There is evidence that this may possibly be a photoshop. Not to mention that an english-speaking GM would have such bad grammer.)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Actually lots of GMs have very bad grammar =/

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Yeah... but this is particulary bad. And their is evidence that supports the photoshoping theory if you look closely at the images in question.

wtf happend ???

i talked to gludd a while ago and he had horrid typing skills, but honestly wtf happened here?

im listening to slayer, hallowed point ftw {drinks} {yes, please}

but serious what the fuck happened????

It doesn't make sense.. Why wouldn't the GM just take the money back from the guy who stole it... or atleast return the item..

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Thats so gay. I'd raise hell until all of Square knows, nonstop phone calls, nonstop GM pages, etc. Total bullshit.
    Me too... 'till the cops show up.

lol.... I'm not a angel or anything, but Jesus Christ these GM's make Rusty and I look like saint's. The sad thing is that if Square did find out about how North American SEUI employee's delt with the customers of FF11 and POL, somthing would be done about it.

[removed broken link]

Japan is all about respect, and I don't think SquareEnix would would approve GM's MPKing players.

But then agian, what do I know.

Just my opinion...

But then agian, what do I know
    damn straight killu you h4x0r

<3

j/k lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OK, let me get this straight...

Person A is sent to GM jail and had money removed from his account. This is because he traded an item to Person B for said gil, but Person B stole that money from Person C? Is this the gist of the situation?

It's great that they are getting more involved with fraud, but this sounds like they are punishing people who probably aren't involved. If I put a stack of sushi on the auction house, will they take away the gil I receive if it is bought by someone who stole that gil from someone else?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Did he atleast get the item back?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk
    Did he atleast get the item back?
    Doesent seem like it.

Thats really fucked up, cuse you can't get your stolen Items back. Bet you that stupid fucking GM needed a Scorp harness or somthing so he took your gil to pay for it. honestly I'd call ever 10 min and send a GM call every 10 min untill I got my gil back.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If this were true you could stage huge scams against other people you talk with outside of the game. Are GM's stupid enough to not realize this? Yes, they are.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

wow

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    OK, let me get this straight...

Person A is sent to GM jail and had money removed from his account. This is because he traded an item to Person B for said gil, but Person B stole that money from Person C? Is this the gist of the situation?

It's great that they are getting more involved with fraud, but this sounds like they are punishing people who probably aren't involved. If I put a stack of sushi on the auction house, will they take away the gil I receive if it is bought by someone who stole that gil from someone else?
    I'm going to use the Hauburgeon as an example so I can understand this too. It was kinda confusing.

- Person A (Jiraya) has a Hauburgeon to sell.
    - Person B (thief) conducts fraud on Person C (victim), stealing 1.9 million gil in the process.
    - Person A (Jiraya) sells a Hauburgeon to Person B (thief) for 1.9 million gil.
    - GM jails Person A (Jiraya) and returns 1.9 million gil to Person C (victim).

Assuming this is along the lines of what happened, everything would be ok if Jiraya's item was returned to her. If not, then the GM just made Jiraya the victim. Thief walks away with the item Jiraya traded, the original victim got his/her money back, and Jiraya walks away furious.

Down with GMs, up with mini-skirts... anyone?