Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: interesting     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

i don't think BLMs should be nerfed, i think the game would suck if they were.

but it annoys me when BLMs try and reason against it by saying "we don't need to be, we're not overpowered". they're either too stupid to see it or lying, both of which needs to be called out. alot of RNGs were like this too.

[removed broken link]

lol much too powerful, i mean sure we can do alot of DMG but if you mess up once your dead (in solo situation).

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

BLMs really aren't overpowered when it comes to endgame. Sure, if you put a lot of them in situations where they're overgeared for the encounter and the mobs don't have much HP, they trivialize the encounter, but that's because BLMs are designed to have high burst dps. If you put them in a long fight where the mob has lots of HP though, that kind of trivialization becomes impossible.

Even though BLMs can solo things that are VT/IT, there's a huge downtime involved in between each kill, plus if you get a resist at a bad time it's easy to die.

Right now, BLMs are underpowered against CoP wyrms, but pretty much so is every melee job in the game.

SE just needs to keep creating progression in the game so that people aren't focusing on the same weak encounters that they're overgeared for.

Rupertt

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    LMAO..either your ignorant or just arent that lvl yet..or you suck as a blm
    He obviously hasn't read this yet. You are gonna get it. :\

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i am a lvl 75 blm, and i am damn good at my job, i never said they werent powerful, in regards to the ss of 3k+ dmg on a mob, thats when the monster is in berserk mode and takes 2x the dmg it normally does. thats that. im sure 18 summoners can do that in aabc also, massive aoe damage, no big deal. in regards to endgame, gods are hugely magic resistant, as mentioned, same with CoP wyrms. all damage is halved on them and yet the drks and monks can do 1500 dmg weapon skills. do a 1600 dmg burst on fafnir, not many people will survive that, thats 5 minutes of downtime for the most part waiting for weakness.
    it has a good mix of being vulnerable with the ability to do massive damage.

and theres alot going on in sea in which blm is absolutely useless, but im not going to say what it is because of spoilers

Black Belt
    BG Level

overpowered =/= immortal, overpowered is a comparative term.

overpowered does not mean they can do any and everything. if you mess up you will die, but the underpowered jobs don't even have a chance to mess up, they will die no matter how hard they try to do it.

that in itself is the definition of overpowered, when one job can try things other jobs can hardly fathom being possible.

im sure 18 summoners can do that in aabc also, massive aoe damage, no big deal.
    one using their 2 hour and one without is a big deal.

and theres alot going on in sea in which blm is absolutely useless, but im not going to say what it is because of spoilers
    cut the BS already.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ra/chain68.jpg

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

thats xping, im talking about other shit, are you a lvl 75 blm? have you killed about every monster in the game as a lvl 75 blm? no, you havent, you find the amazing screenshots of shit blms do, and then assume that everything the blm does is like that. why not look at the ss's of blms bursting for 17 dmg on cop wyrm, or a blm getting eaten alive by nidhogg, you present half of an arguement on a topic in which you have no first hand knowledge about

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Why support a BLM nerf? I would aggree that it would be cool to improve the dmg and capablities of some of the melee in FFXI. But if they somehow mess up BLM like they did RNG that would suck so much, BLM rely on MP to deal out the most dmg in the game. Of course its powerful,doesnt mean it should be dumbed down. We get resisted ALOT on anything important in the game, And were limited to MP, It would be a sad day if they gay out BLM.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

shrug most people's opinion was nerf rng its ok there to srong, besides we still have blm. ;3 gonna be fun when takes hours to kill every mob ;E

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What's going to be great about the BLM nerf is that it will take so long to kill HNM that they will rise in level and kill everyone! >_>

But never fear, Square will give Dragoons Spirit Link II and everything will be balanced.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i heard blms are so powerful they can warp another player to their homepoint, i think this spell should be removed, as well as whm teleport, way way to powerful

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    What's going to be great about the BLM nerf is that it will take so long to kill HNM that they will rise in level and kill everyone! >_>

But never fear, Square will give Dragoons Spirit Link II and everything will be balanced.
    hahaha

Square Enix Says: But c'mon guys!!! We fixed Dragoon see!? When you use Super Jump, your wyvern no longer uses SUper Jump; rather, he uses SUPER CLIMB!!!!

Dragoons: So what's the difference now?

Square Enix: ...........nothing.

BLM not overpowered?

You guys are shitting me right?

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    BST not overpowered?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

BLM not overpowered?

wow im glad you presented some information as to how they arent, really cleared that up for me

How are you suppose to gimp BST though? Remove charm..? Weaken mobs..?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

good point

Quote Originally Posted by Desi
    BLM not overpowered?

wow im glad you presented some information as to how they arent, really cleared that up for me
    Solution to anything in this game: throw more BLM at it

Ya, when it gets like that a job is overpowered. Don't need to gimp BLM just need to bring everyone else up.

BST Is over powered. 18 BST can kill tiamat, but 18blm cant.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

well, the only solution to making bst weaker would be to weaken mobs in an area that are charmable, so then you'd basically ruin bsts and also you'd make soloing easy for even whms because everything would be weaker, you have to draw the line somewhere. personally a job that has to basically solo its way to 75 and is very rare deserves to be "overpowered".