Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: interesting     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

interesting

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3142462

1UP: Are you looking to do something similar with Black Mages? A recent trend has been these "Manaburning" parties where five Black Mages (and a tank to hold hate) all cast Blizzaga 3 and kick (arguably) too much ass, too fast. Black Mages can hit level 75 in no time using this strategy.

HT: The Black Mages have been way too strong and ever since we released the game, and we've been trying to make them weaker. But as you know, players always find creative ways to get around this (laughs). But as for what we're going to do in the future, we're planning to continue to look to those Black Mages and continue to adjust them.

1UP: Are there any plans to make the other melee classes more appealing? Scaling back Rangers is one way. But Dragoons, Samurais, Monks and Thieves can always be found seeking parties for hours with little success.

HT: Of course. Not only are we looking at what jobs are too strong, but we're working on what jobs need adjusting and maybe a little more strength.

1UP: Can you tell us what the least popular class is?

HT: Haha, it's probably Dragoons. At first there was a lot of them but the Japanese players tend to stay away from them. And interestingly enough, Rangers didn't used to be popular at all. I guess it's all about learning how to use different jobs and there are some situations where Dragoons are very strong.

1UP: Square Enix recently registered a trademark for "Treasures of Aht Urhgan". Is that a hint of an upcoming expansion pack?

HT: I can tell you that we're working on the new content right now, but as for the title of the next expansion, please just wait a little bit longer.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

LOL, blm nerf and drg boost, be really funny if drg is the next big DD, then everybody and their mother who "hated" drg would lvl it heh what am i saying SE hates drgs they would never help them LOL

Probally a new expansion that will come out with the Xbox 360 version, PC and PS2 all on the same release day, unless xbox gets new "xbox only" servers, which i highly doubt

SE attempts to fix DRG have been really poor, and in most cases just make it worse then before.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

granted blms can make fast xp doing manaburn parties, so what, how does that mean we are overpowering. whats next, removing all decorative weapons that the melees get absurd amounts of xp off of? SE is just mad cause all the gms decided to play drg and are tired of being the worst job, and attempt to decrease the power of the other jobs. all of the new monsters are getting stronger, and the players are getting weaker, sure its always fun to have a challenge, but whats next, not allowing a monk to use h2h on bones because the kill shit to fast? SE needs to stop thinking out of their asses and nerf a job because someone thought of a good idea on how to get xp in a very productive manner

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Desi
    granted blms can make fast xp doing manaburn parties, so what, how does that mean we are overpowering. whats next, removing all decorative weapons that the melees get absurd amounts of xp off of? SE is just mad cause all the gms decided to play drg and are tired of being the worst job, and attempt to decrease the power of the other jobs. all of the new monsters are getting stronger, and the players are getting weaker, sure its always fun to have a challenge, but whats next, not allowing a monk to use h2h on bones because the kill shit to fast? SE needs to stop thinking out of their asses and nerf a job because someone thought of a good idea on how to get xp in a very productive manner
    stop living in denial.

sleep nuke sleep nuke, throw in a few stuns, binds and gravity with RDM sub in between, BLM can solo a lot more things that most jobs.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People sure like to bitch about things. Nerfing blm is gonna making things alot harder for everyone.

Re: interesting

LOL GLAD MY 75BLM IS BANNED

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

yea i forgot how blms can sleep the bones in krt manaburn parties. and i dont recall saying anythign about soloing, the question brought up was about manaburn parties and how its too powerful. summoners can solo it++ bomb using their pets, so can bsts, maybe they shouldnt be able to do that anymore, its too powerful. also, its not like any lvl 75 blm can sleep nuke etc, ive seen many 75 blms die to light eles in sky, camping aquarius and other things. some players have more skill then others, im sure many of you have seen the video of the taru rdm soloing cassie, a number of enms and various other nms, maybe they should nerf rdm as well because they have the ability to solo alot as well?

im not living in denial, it is just dumb that SE is going to nerf a job because some SKILLED players found out how to get xp, solo, make money better then the idiots who dont know how to play their job.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah it sucks, but if theyre gonna do something there is no use arguing it here. But XD at this question.

1UP: It's OK. We're filthy rich! The new summer quest (the Sunbreeze Festival) has this really cool swimwear for the clamming activity (on Purgonorgo Isle) that looks really great on female characters, but like a lot of overly-girly clothing in FFXI, it just doesn't look very good on male characters. Was this deliberate?

HT: You think they look pretty ugly, is that what you're saying? (laughs) I'll mention that to the designers for you.

Black Belt
    BG Level

yea i forgot how blms can sleep the bones in krt manaburn parties. and i dont recall saying anythign about soloing, the question brought up was about manaburn parties and how its too powerful. summoners can solo it++ bomb using their pets, so can bsts, maybe they shouldnt be able to do that anymore, its too powerful. also, its not like any lvl 75 blm can sleep nuke etc, ive seen many 75 blms die to light eles in sky, camping aquarius and other things. some players have more skill then others, im sure many of you have seen the video of the taru rdm soloing cassie, a number of enms and various other nms, maybe they should nerf rdm as well because they have the ability to solo alot as well?

im not living in denial, it is just dumb that SE is going to nerf a job because some SKILLED players found out how to get xp, solo, make money better then the idiots who dont know how to play their job.
    just because people are not brain dead enough to Sleep Bones in KRT doesn't mean BLM isn't overpowered.

BLM suffers from similar problems RNG had.

high survivablity when the job is played correctly in combination with high offensive capability in short periods of time. many other jobs have one or the other but most don't have both.

are there more Bones in this game than mobs that can be slept by Sleep?

are there more Bombs in this game than mobs that can be slept by Sleep?

you're definitely living in denial if you think BST and SMN soloing Bombs is anywhere near equivalent to the broad range of mobs a BLM can fight. for every IT Bomb in the game that a SMN can fight, i can give you 10 different types of EM mobs that a BLM can fight. that's hardly an equivalent comparison.

and lastly, take the same SKILLED player and do similar things with a DRK or BRD than. yes, the player is important, but a lot of it has to do with the job.

Wait, has there ever been any BLM nerfs? it says they have been "trying" to make blms weakeer, but lol, giving us fast cast boots wasent exacly nerf. BLM are powerfull, on anything under lvl 80. God, and the grand dragons have 50% magic resistance (im pritty sure its 50), suddely BLM arnt so strong now are they. Any god or HNM is resist city, but lol we getting nerfed for soloability? please. a shitload of NMs can be soloed by /nin.

I havent fought kirin or any HNMs sense the rng nerf but, rng could out dmg me in a second, and probably still can now if done right. IMO Nerf ranger more!!! CHYEA

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Re: interesting

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMetal
    LOL GLAD MY 75BLM IS BANNED
    Maybe if you weren't a fag you'd still have it

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just because other jobs cant solo stuff doesn't mean we should be nerfed. Look at drk for example, they can do a ton of damage when they get TP, and thats just like instant damage, as opposed to MP which requires downtime. Just add a tank and most jobs can duo EMs. I dont see how its over-powered.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I dont see how its over-powered.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/NotKuno/damage.jpg

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

LMAO..either your ignorant or just arent that lvl yet..or you suck as a blm lol, blm is the most powerfull job in the game......know why? need a tank? nin or pld..need MP regen? brd or rdm, need high dmg..blm or blm or blm...wait isent their rng..ohh wait nevermind just blm now.. ohh yes only DD left..fun..fun

If they nerf Blm the whole game will probally suck cause every melee on FFXI is pretty much worthless end game, rng is now pretty much melee class so everything as you know it would change imo. They need to make all melee stronger, so you could have melee actually do more than one thing end game...

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You know if you did a WS on it you'd get double damage also.

"OMG Kirin takes 8hrs to kill now"

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait you're saying 16 Dragoons cant do that?

Anyway like I said before, theres no use arguing because we can't change the game. It's just kinda dumb to be nerfing everything.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Just because other jobs cant solo stuff doesn't mean we should be nerfed. Look at drk for example, they can do a ton of damage when they get TP, and thats just like instant damage, as opposed to MP which requires downtime. Just add a tank and most jobs can duo EMs. I dont see how its over-powered.
    heh...being a drk i know that drk can do the most ws dmg but is the only job with no special anything to help with tp gain..tp takes a long time to gain and once i have it boom 1k+dmg from the back of the mob,, ohh btw i now have hate with 600hp left from souleater.. ohh and their is no "refresh" spell for tp, or refresh tp "cloak"

1. If this was about solo then we would be talking about ninja but it's not.
    2. Try anything in your ls any HNM's with no blm's, try any gods, try kirin with no blms......
    3. You can do pretty much anything in FFXI without any need for any one special job but 1...which is now blm, now that rng is gone the spot light is ever so bright on the job, it has to be cut down.
    4. blm is now the only DD that can really dmg kited mobs....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast