Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shadow Gorget     submit to reddit submit to twitter

*sigh*

Then this must just be an item SE put in to mock melees.

My guess is the latent trigger is just plain something else.

For about 3 months somepage said the latent was triggered the same way obis are, by being on the matching day or weather using a magic type (elemental damage, like Red Lotus Blade) WS of the same element. That is completely false, but it was still the accepted theory for awhile.

Maybe it activates when you close a SC containing the element of matching gorget?

Tried that too, even went and did tests with the craptastic but predictable One Inch Punch, which has only Compression (dark) as a skillchain spot.

OIP did the same (extremely close to the same) damage with and without Shadow Gorget (mob type, level, gear, buffs, TP amount all the same). It also did the same with and without Shadow Gorget when doing Blade: Rin - OIP for Compression.

Last thing I can think of atm is try the opposite element gorget.

From what i've heard it isn't worth using a Gorget in most cases, some people swear that Light helped them do like 100 more DMG, some people say they did less... meh, just use meat and chram.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Re: Shadow Gorget

Quote Originally Posted by Enitsu
    (*'-') Anyone have some extensive information/data on the use of the weapon skill gorgets? I wanted to get one for Asuran Fists, but... I'm not sure which element it is - so if anyone has one, has one that works with asuran fists, or something that's relevant - drop it here. Now. Ok now gogow
    It enhances WS Damage/Accuracy on the Day of the week for the corrosponding gorget. ^^, Tried and Proven by a friend of mine on CaitSith

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious
    (*'-') Anyone have some extensive information/data on the use of the weapon skill gorgets? I wanted to get one for Asuran Fists, but... I'm not sure which element it is - so if anyone has one, has one that works with asuran fists, or something that's relevant - drop it here. Now. Ok now gogow
    It enhances WS Damage/Accuracy on the Day of the week for the corrosponding gorget. ^^, Tried and Proven by a friend of mine on CaitSith

Except that the desc just says:

"Increases Weapon Skill Accuracy and Damage"

Nothing about any weather/day in the description at all.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavious

Except that the desc just says:

"Increases Weapon Skill Accuracy and Damage"

Nothing about any weather/day in the description at all.
    It's the same as the Obis, , i've seen 2-3 people use flame/light/dark , SAM mostly, and it has only enhanced damage on the day =/

Black Belt
    BG Level

so it's any weaponskill on that day?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yea, basically here is how we expiremented. Tachi:Kasha w/Flame on lightsday did around 800, tachi:kasha w/light gorget on lightsday did 900-1000 to Goobbue in Sanc.O-Z. Then again it could be a random +% because his tachi's with light gorget on that day were doing 100-200 more. Same on firesday with the damage from gorget.

Its not the day, its not the weather and its not the skillchain element, unless the effect is less than the normal random variation that comes with weaponskills (which would make the items worthless).

Like I stated earlier in this thread, large amounts of hearsay.

When I got my 1st Gorget (Flame) I went and used Asuran Fists a bit with it and thought I noticed it doing more. After more testing though I noticed I was actually doing a tiny bit less average than using Spike Necklace.

Then I tested DK and Full Swing and noticed the same. Then I tried using it in KRT/Shrine/Ule parties, in Dynamis, on gods, on Tiamat and a whole bunch of other crap, it never made a difference. I got more gorgets so I could test more theories and because for some reason part of my brain refuses to accept that SE would add a set of items that does nothing, especially considering that besides Tavnazian Ring, Obi/Gorgets were the only concrete reward for getting Al'Taieu access at the time.

I have yet to notice gorgets doing anything at all for any WS on day, weather, skillchain element, skillchain element as closer...

And about the item not saying its day, or other stuff.. It says "Latent Effect" so it could be almost anything. It could be "Have less than 25% HP, over 200% TP, on firesday fire weather with barfira on while facing south with a STR etude on and only after you've used a WS in that situation 20 times before" for all the text really explains. The best part is that since WS damage naturally varies to begin with, you might be triggering the latent during tests but not know because the effect on your damage falls within the normal variation.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Have some:
    http://www.historyforkids.org/learn/...res/cheese.jpg

To go with your:
    [removed broken link]

(Cheese to go with the whining, for those who didn't catch it >.>)

Maybe it depends on the mob you're fighting? Like what element it is?

It could be pretty much anything, or a combination of things. I just know that based on extensive tests its not the game day like people keep insisting they heard/their friend tested/whatever, and its not the skillchain chart elemental properties.

A combination involving those things? But not simply either of them by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    The SC elements of Asuran Fists are Darkness and Earth, so I'd guess a darkness gorget for it. I've been trying to get a Darkness gorget also for when my monk is high enough to use it, although everyone I know at Sea is a bit....reluctant to fight a Yovra.
    Nah. It's Primary Gravitation (Earth/Dark) and Secondary Liquefaction (Fire)... I know that because I used to chain Rampage after that in KRT.

editedlolz

I'm not seeing the point there. I guess there's a possibility the trigger could require a certain combination of gear, but that seems excessively complex and unlikely. I'll try that exact set of gear for the hell of it though

LazyShell
    BG Level

have you tried yellow hp?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Why not try spells like barfira, you never know. Or just equip some items with +flame resistance.