Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Arhat's Jinpachi+1 or Genbu's Kabuto?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genbu's Kabuto

25 37.31%
  • Arhat's Jinpachi+1

42 62.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Arhat's Jinpachi+1 vs. Genbu's Kabuto

Just looking for a few opinions rather than just asking myself. I've been like spinning this around in my head forever, and now I finally have Arhat's Gi+1 (and an unused, for now, Genbu's Kabuto in safe). The question is...besides for spirits within, would I be using this to tank an entire fight (gods for example), or would I be better off using jinpachi+1? From what I can see the use of both items is very different for each ninja, like I see Rustta using it an entire fight and stuff, while others using it a whole fight. I'm kind of a cheapass and don't want to buy one yet even though I have around 5 million because I'm not sure if it's worth it. Genbu's Kabuto has 50 HP, which is a huge amount adding to total HP to help stop oneshotting and also 15 VIT (although VIT usually doesn't make or break anything), plus maybe the 50 water resist might lower water damage or something. But on the otherhand, -6% is a lot of reduced damage. xxx monster hits you for 200 damage, but with the jinpachi on it reduces 12 damage, bringing it down to 188 damage, and so on. I keep seeing ninjas I know selling it so I get the impression they don't like it or something. One other factor that makes me want to get it is because it quite simply doesn't look ugly...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

50 to 50, uhhh lol.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If you have a lot of other -% dmg gear then use jinpachi, but if you don't -6% isn't very big, so i'd say kabuto for HP.

Jinpachi+1.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Jinpachi+1.

If you have the body and jelly ring

when stoenega IV hits your ass that jinpachi does nothing, use the kabuto.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Stonega IV never hits you if you're good, and Kabuto's def will still be minimal in regards to living through that. The Jinpachi has more Enmity, so I'd use it for just about anything rather than the Kabuto, especially when kiting.

im not talking about vitality helping with stonega IV im talking about raw hitpoints. then again i also have capped merits in enmity so the enmity loss from the genbu's kabuto to me is not an issue.

and yes, even if your good you can still get hit by stonega IV, like when your holding kirin still for a skillchain you usually cant get far enough away or to a wall quick enough, and your best be is to run to an open area and kill as few people as possible.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I don't own a Arhat's Jinpachi+1 but it's something I think about getting often but only really for the extra enmity. I think I can safely say if I wasn't a Taru I would use Jinpachi like the rest of the Ninja's in Zen but +50HP and +15VIT is better for me as I rarely get hit and the things that do (Fafnir breath, wing, Tiamat in air etc.) are irrelevent to it. Do what's best for you and the situation you're in.

Once again though, I am the only Ninja in my LS that uses Genbu's Kabuto exclusively but I am also the only Taru.

judging by you guys choice of arhats over kabuto, i suppose you also recomend arhats gi+1 over kirins osode?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter
    judging by you guys choice of arhats over kabuto, i suppose you also recomend arhats gi+1 over kirins osode?
    There are Ninja's that actually choose Kirin's Osode over Arhats Gi+1?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

osode is a WS piece, not a tanking piece in my books at least.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i think it's totally dependent on the race of the player and the mob. i used jinpachi for awhile and really, if you play how you're supposed to, you shouldn't even really be getting hit so that phys-% isn't that great.

vs. taimat or jorm in the air (about the only things you'd use phys-% or kabuto against), the 50hp makes a much larger difference than the -phys% and the -2 enmity is able to be made up in other things.

in my opinion, elvaan and galka the jinpachi is the better piece, and taru, hume, mithra the kabuto is the better piece.

For anything besides HNMs. Even for that sometimes, simply because they're easy and you look so much classier in Kirin's Osode ;p Only thing I'd really care for is Nidhogg and the wyrms.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't think 50 HP extra is gonna save you from Stoneaga IV. I would choose Jinpachi+1 over the helmet. with full arhat's Gear and Jelly ring and earth staff, a NIN can have -40% physical dmg reduction. (Defending ring +10%) I guess it comes down to what you're fighting, some prefer more HP some prefer less dmg taken, its your call, try and see what works for you.

It depends on what HNM. When you're kiting Kirin solo until the summons are dead, I'd use pure HP gear (yes, as a Galka that extra 50 HP may let you eat a solo Stonega 4.) Vit does jack shit in my opinion (this is speaking as someone who can get 77+80 VIT on PLD... -% dmg reduction is far more noticeable.) For tanking Tiamat, Vrtra, Jormungand, Byakko, Seiryu straight up I'd use Jinpachi+1. Anyway as for HNMs where you use Osode, I would use it for Fafnir in a damage dealing setup (yes, you can keep hate rather well with this style.)

I tried out the damage dealing setup today. Actually kept hate well Only problem i had is when it would do 2-3 wings in a row it would hit me for 350 normal hits and 400+ crits. With sushi and accuracy gear i barely missed with 230 cap sword so it wasnt that bad. Although i think haubergeon+1 would be better for dd tanking fafnir then kirins osode just for the extra acc.

I like jinpachi+1 more cause of the enmity -_-. Only time i use kabuto is for spirits for the most part.

Yeah, unless Carnage Elegy + Hojo/RDM Slow is on after a Hurrcaine Wing you probably won't get Ichi back up. However, if Fafnir's properly enfeebled ninja can be quite effective at keeping hate through dealing damage. Just don't be reluctant to cancel berserk XD. I also agree, NIN AF2 Body or Haubergon would be a more ideal body for dealing damage at Fafnir, but Osode is just too sexy =P.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

tarutaru, the bucket
    all other, Jinpachi

i personally like to load up on as many hitpoints as i can get my hands on. i use such items as gigant mantle and marine M boots, i also use koga hakama for kiting instead of byakko haidate, and can get my hitpoints over 1500. i have managed to eat a couple of stonega IV solo and live through it so i think this helps. im next in line for osode and kabuto and when i get osode im giong to buy a cassie earring as well. using this i'll have nearly 1600 hp and i'll be happy with that D:

when i get my osode i may still use arhats for kiting for the enmity's sake but im not sure. with kirin -dmg% does nothing because how often do you get hit by deadly hold or his tail move?? i never do.

p.s. im working on hitpoint merits at the moment as well, im on the second level.