Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    name one realistic NA ls that has had a chance to fight him.

and dont say RMTony's LS.. hense realistic.
    S|B has engaged Jorm, they gave it a good fight but lost. I was under the impression Hokuten had attempted a wyrm as well, but judging from your post I'm guessing I'd be wrong.

tiamat..? we've left it up 10+ times when we didnt have enough or didnt want to do it. the opportunity is there, other NAs can get it the exact same way we do. plus, kazoku anbu tomodachi hokuten and others have all tried wyrms before.

people who say tiamat is hard to claim to try are ridiculous.

didn't say it was hard to claim or try - just when ever we find that its up - its usually too late to try between waiting for other LS's to go, and it getting too late for our members to stay up (you know.. people who have full time jobs). usually by morning a JP ls has killed him.

our experience with wyrms is usually - go out there expecting to have a good fight... - end up getting there behind 50000 members of a different ls... - wait like 2 hours for them to leave.. and then seeing LS list go from a good strong number to just over a full alliance.

BG doesn't have this problem because 70% of your members value FFXI over RL.

Xavier

and your not the only ones serious about end game.
    just when ever we find that its up - its usually too late to try between waiting for other LS's to go, and it getting too late for our members to stay up (you know.. people who have full time jobs). usually by morning a JP ls has killed him.
    I don't even know where you came into the picture Judah but this thread is hijacked now.

i have seen other NA shell staying up to fight jorum at 3am est.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

stop making the "you guys are bigger nerds than us which is why we don't fight hard stuff" argument. -_- The majority of BG members do have jobs and almost all of them are in college. But it's the summer now...

Xavier - you are the posterchild for people who care more about FFXI then RL - i'm sorry that the concept of people who play this game and want to experience end game, while supporting a family or even themselves is baffling to you.

and Edward - was it a week day? because in my experience, the people in my LS who work 9 to 5 cant start a fight at 3 AM and complete their goals irl.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardtheblack
    I'm wondering if hnmls in other server has been mumbled by other ls in thier forum.
    Mine has spies from one other linkshell.
    We had to close down our public application section because all our applicationts would get recruited into that same shell.

i stayed up to 6am aus time fighting KV last week lol, i went to college at 9am X) although of course i wasn't listening to lecturers lol

Xavier

We have never started a fight at 3 am, at least not as long as my memory goes. You also don't know anything about my real life, so its not your place to judge it, I'm just very good at keeping my personal life private, since its irrelvant to the game. You also needlessly entered this thread with the intent to incite anger, for whatever reason, which I'm quite used to since its all you are capable of doing.

Nothing baffles me about having real life obligations before the game, I was simply pointing out that you're trying to setup a double standard by calling other NA linkshells serious about endgame, but mocking us for being so serious.

it's very inappropriate for one MMO player to play RL police with another. it's very immature, and very hypocritical, and very irrelevant. people's RL is their own business.

I don't remember when it is.
    and if their goal is to complet rl, Is it matter that we think we are elite shell in this game? hmm, i've seen a lot of people insisting why non-job player can get everything, worker should be preferential cuz worker is eliter than non-job player irl. i can understand this opinion, but in evercase, whaever you spend time on, consequence changes by how long you spend time. for us, it is game. for you guys it is work.if you want to stand at same line, quit job or make an effort to have time enough to do stuff.(like moggy). but since some of us have full-time job and can join our event, i don't think it's impossible to do.

why do you play MMORPG? i can't have sword and shield in RL. i want to role playing PLD! and a leader of "elite order" in the fantasy world :D

i have a sword in RL lol, sometimes tempting to take out the dog next door with it too

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

name one realistic NA ls that has had a chance to fight him.

and dont say RMTony's LS.. hense realistic.
    I forgot that every LS that has ever killed Tiamat just went up and did it their first try with no problems.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Fought Tiamat at 5 am the other day! 19 people gogo!

was on the phone - gonna wrap this up real fast - gotta be up in 8 hours---

amarok - not trying to make this a whos a bigger nerd fight, and you will notice i said 70% of members dont have jobs. I know you work - or did when i spoke more with you - your one of those 6 from page.. 2 or 3.. i dont remember...

Xavier - the point im trying to make is that the level of being serious shown by BG is unrealistic to the every day FFXI player. its impossible to say who is more serious about the game because some people have an unrestricted amount of time in their RL to participate in the game. As an example - Im currently on summer vacation, and with school starting 3 weeks - and the fact I just moved - i dont have a job. But - unlike myself, a large portion of my linkshell do have steady jobs that consume the minimum of 8 hours of each day. does my ability to play all day mean im better at the game then other members of my LS? no. it means i have more time to dedicate to playing the game - thats it.

and thats how it is with most linkshells - its almost impossible to find the ideal time to have the exact number of members needed for certin tasks.

it comes down to one thing - a choice to either recruit a larger number of players to increase the occurance of ideal times for fighting x and y mobs - or the rare occasion that the timing will fall into your lap.

personally - id rather be in a linkshell that has quality over quantity. - and thats where the conflict is.

About 25-35% of BG are good players. With the recent BG draft of 2005 (thats my little term for some of your pick-ups.. cute huh?) alot of your members are filler... it increases your availability to fight big things... its understandable - no linkshell has 100% dream team - and with your increased member availability u can take things on when others cant.

congrats?

now if wyrms were all popped - i'm sure BG wouldn't be the only NA ls on bahamut to kill them.

Personally i'll stick to my chances of it being up during a good time for my LS then recruiting a bunch of people to accomplish my goals.

Bert -
    it's very inappropriate for one MMO player to play RL police with another. it's very immature, and very hypocritical, and very irrelevant. people's RL is their own business.
    its easy for you to say this - and i for a second can agree - but its only because i know that you and I both have made big sacrifices to our real lives for this game.

I'll spare others the details - you know what i mean.

--- now
    I'll let you guys trash talk me after I leave like most people on this forum do.

Nightnight

wait mwm needs to post on this to complete it. '

cmon god of timing lets see

mwm: omg im so kool my ls is a shout recruit from lower jueno omg they kill stuff for me and i am so kewl cause i take pics in my moms basement when im doing drugs omg im so kewlkewlkewl i have uae LS members who pullbot omg kewl now watch me mpk gilsellers and then call judah an mpk kewl.
    Don't give away my secrets Judah. Shhhh.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't understand... the point of this thread now as it's been raped in the ass by the usual suspects who know nothing thus proving my point on the first page.

If you don't understand then listen up...

I don't have a problem with people teaming up. It's a game after all and it should be enjoyed with friends. The problem here when a shows up to a camp with 5 people win pull for fafnir but do not have the man power to push it down alone. Another help them kill it when the LS is about to zenmetsu thus screwing the other LS (let it be sb bg your ls, my father, your mother) from getting the claim as the runners up.

If you're going to camp something together then It's only fair for you to show up to camp together (aka PG&Way) and not team up with your so called "friends" (and I say that because you're camping against them the next day) when they are about to wipe.

Oh, and btw It's hard to claim tiamat now with fi having a mule there 24/7.. Shit it's suppose to pop today (in a few hours actually) I wanna see it pop on NA time and see who gets it. I've been camping for a while now so if you see tiamat up and you don't wanna 'go for it'

send me tell, I'll show up in 20min with 17 other beastmasters/summoners. All north american, ofcourse.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    not japanese, just the only NA LS serious about hunting hard stuff.
    You must be so proud.....