Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Amazing!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

From my experience, it could be multiple mobs being pulled. In Ramps we would pull 3-4 mobs sometimes and casted thundergaIII and instantly got multiple chains. But on the log, it would look like who evers ThundergaIII hit last kills the enemies and looks like that person killed the mobs solo. At least thats what it looks like on the Log.

http://forums.fallenangelssan.com/viewtopic.php?t=2854

Not fake at all, they've been working on it for awhile.

It's funny how everytime somebody posts something even the slightest bit unbelieveable everyone screams "PHOTOSHOP!!!1111"

dizzle

I'm in this linkshell and it most definitely isn't fake. They've done this quite a few times. That hume mage Weenie has like 60 merit points. It really isn't that hard to do there.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious
    well, the mobs there I thoguht were weak vs Magic like...by a lot, (See Ifrit's 6k Flaming Crush)

Flaming Crush is a physical attack

Thorak had 80+ merits ><

Jey

To say that Sea mobs are weak to magic is relative.

They don't resist magic as badly as most mobs you fight at level 75 (i.e. they don't have the STUPID high Magic Defense of Arcana or Demons that cuts magic damage down 30-50%) I have no experience killing IT Aerns, but there is little difference between a DC and a VT Phaubo in terms of how much damage it can take, and how much my nukes will do to it (Thunder IV will do 1100~ to a DC Phaubo and 1050 to a VT Phaubo, takes 5 tier IV nukes to kill one of either con)

The person who did the 6k Flaming Crush did it on a Hpemde (looks like a pink goldfish) which takes double damage (maybe it's triple damage against physical attacks, I don't know, but it's definately double vs. magic) when its mouth is open(or some condition I don't pay attention to), and has REALLY lame defense. My THF friend can solo a DC Hpemde only using a few shihei.

My only ? is whether 3 Thundaga III is enough to kill an IT Aern, because that is only 3500-4000hp or so, if one BLM sits out per mob. I know it takes me ~4 tier-IV nukes to kill a DC Aern... 1100 damage for a Thundaga III looks to me like a single-target Ga3 damage mark.

Also, you can't depend on Aerns for MP, because if they happen to choose an MP-less job (like MNK or WAR, you can't tell their job until you've aggroed them) there is nothing to Aspir.

Not sure, sounds like you HAVE to have all 4 BLMs nuking with Thundaga III to bring one down, and that won't sustain a chain that long...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

heh this is an easy trick to do, pull a smn Aern and kill it's pets nonstop while keeping the Aern asleep the entire time (notice the xp in the screenshot before chain 205 is low, as from killing a Tough). The elemental pets are high enough to xp chain on, so just keep killing/aspir those for a while till you get some huge number then kill the Aern and take a screen shot. it really isnt that hard <.<

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I wonder why they chose to have a pld instead of a 5th blm.

Probably because he is the LS leader and wanted some of the action

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Look, same chain, but from the perspective of another member in that party:

Demosthenes11

Luckiest pld ever

What in all possible worlds would persudae you to name your character "Weenie"? >.>

you know, if you look at both screens, you realize what happened, the first one had some damage filtered... because Pezant did the thundaga, but he didn't defeat the mob... now the second screenshot clears it up.

Probably the same thing that persuades you to name your character "Ilikepoo".

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh we're famous! @@ Valkyrionxi asked if he could tag along to leech xp since he always loses so much tanking everything for us. =)

Edit: I forgot to mention that there were no RDMs available and Fireheart showed up halfway through so that's the real reason we let Valk tag along.
    Also I filter all damage but my own in case anyone was still wondering.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Did you guys fight ITs the whole way to chain 205?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Furiex
    Did you guys fight ITs the whole way to chain 205?
    doubt it, another pic shows them getting 105xp.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Or, he has everything but effects on himself filtered.
    IDK if anyone noticed but the entire log comprises of effects intiated on or by him

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You would think sea would have some flying type mobs for drgs and the nerfed rng /sigh.

So how much HP do the mobs have? if 3 ga spells can kill it a sam pt should work there, hell any melee pt would do good if the mobs take melee dmg well

So do they??