Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shattering Stars (SMN)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Shattering Stars (SMN)

Hey guys! I've posted here a couple of times, mostly just screenshots and drawings, etc. But now I seem to have a problem and I was wondering if anyone could help me work this out.

MAAT HATES ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I have that out of my system, I've now failed to LB5 2 times. The first time, I was told to use Titan, and by a stroke of one-in-a-bajillion bad luck, Maat somehow managed to stun my 2-hour with Shoulder Tackle, thus making Coco go splat.

I had a somewhat awkward conversation with a good smn friend of mine (awkward because he doesn't speak any English and I don't speak any Japanese), and he recommended that I use Carbuncle, because apparently, Maat is weak to light. He also said to go on the day that the avatar is strong to. At least, I think that's what he said.

So today I tromped off to Maat and gave him a push and a shove and we got to the fighting.

[removed broken link]

Yeah... Carbuncle did like 179 damage with Searing Light... and then Coco went splat.

Can anyone help me figure this thing out? So far it's been just one nightmare after another, and now I've even deleveled to 69 trying to get another Summoner's Testimony, since I have no one to help me and I'm a wuss. ;_;

-Coco

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey youre the person with that signature I like.

As for smn Maat... theres alot of strategies online. I never fought him on smn personally but the most important thing seems to be having your pet take his 2hr. Mysterytour seems to have a really crappy strategy. >.<

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Hey youre the person with that signature I like.

As for smn Maat... theres alot of strategies online. I never fought him on smn personally but the most important thing seems to be having your pet take his 2hr. Mysterytour seems to have a really crappy strategy. >.<
    Heh... I never even got to that part either time... ._.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

maat killed me 8 times

/wah

Taru Maat fight is hard 'cause we don't have any HP. ; ;

I had a rough time on RNG, but I don't think the tactics I used are going to help you much seeing as the only way for you to do damage is with your avatar.

The most important thing, like Kuno said, is getting your Avatar to take the Astral and you being far, far away from it. You need to figure out a way to get a BP70 off on Maat, then do three SPs.

Eh, I'll ask Deus how he did it tomorrow. He's probably too busy playing Guild Wars right now.

Kicked that old man's ass on the 3rd try -.-;;

lol I killed blm, rdm, whm maat all first try >.>

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMetal
    Did you find rdm maat really easy as well?
    Everyone pissed their pants over it and took like 10 tries...I found it so freakin easy -.-

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Everyone pissed their pants over it and took like 10 tries...I found it so freakin easy -.-
    It used to be harder.

Ya i thought it was a joke...

What do you mean it use to be harder? shit.. I did these maat fights long before CoP was out. No nifty blink band stoneskin toqure bullshit... Dident have any of that...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

When the lvl 75 first came around, RDM was too hard. They made it easier.

Demosthenes11

I wanna try it when it was hard =(

All I did was walk in, and pwn maat. Used 2 yagudo drinks...thats it ><
    No other items

Relic Shield
    BG Level

http://www.playonline.com/comnewsus/200402264502.html

"Enemy strength in the level cap battle "Shattering Stars" for the red mage will be adjusted."

This was Feb. 2004 update.

Good luck with the next Maat fight Coco~! Hope you beat him down this time!

The only works I have for advice is that you can never have enough items. I don't know because the only Maat fight I did was BRD, but I could imagine it wouldn't hurt. And I hope you find a nice strategy that works for you. Good luck Coco~!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

go in

apply stoneskin and aerial armor using your summons

rest

use astral flow

summon Garuda /assault Maat

once Garuda gets hate use predator claws on maat

run back to entrance circle

suck down vile elixer or super/ hyper ethers >.>

wait for garuda to die

resummon

use aerial blast one maat

after he is hit with aerial blast he will quit ^^

1 time fr the win!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen
    use astral flow

once Garuda gets hate use predator claws on maat
    Use astral flow before a normal BP?
    wouldn't it make more sense to use predator claws, wait for Garuda to die, and then run back and resummon/astral flow/aerial blast?

Also, so far I've had pretty bad luck with predator claws... it's only ever done like 500-900 damage in the best case scenario, whereas Spinning Dive does upwards of 1100, and Mountain Buster does around 1500+ on easy prey mobs. Just wondering if this is the right strategy. Not that I can afford not to try it, just kinda second-guessing everything since all the info i've gotten from message boards, videos, and other smn's has so far been inaccurate

-Coco

The trick is getting Maat to BP while you're not there, and saving your MP for when he's low enough to just be killed off.

Predator Craws is the second best BP70 to use on mobs. Maat's not exactly IT, so you're fine using it.

What Raizen said is pretty much word for word what another friend of mine told me. I'd go with that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

beat RDM maat second try in 2min18sec, lol, first time I lost because my R hit 0 and went back to 100 and an Asuran Fists lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ya i thought it was a joke...

What do you mean it use to be harder? shit.. I did these maat fights long before CoP was out. No nifty blink band stoneskin toqure bullshit... Dident have any of that...
    It was a joke, after people came up with strategies, after people knew to cap their elemental magic skill, after elemental staves dropped in price to a point where they were affordable to the general population, after they stopped Maat from using Fire III. It must have been a real breeze before that patch when people went 0/25 on him.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

using astral flow before the predator claws might help, doesn't astral flow make all blood pacts more effective?