+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ciechi
    The girl in this video is WoW. The guy with the book is FFXI.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/stfu.php
    I'd hit it >.>

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Keep thinking that pal, but sadly you got it backwords.

Quote Originally Posted by Stike

WoW for ya.

Demosthenes11

No WoW is what FFXI needs to be. It's a hell lot better than XI because when you die you dont loose exp and you dont need to sit in one place for 1-2 hours looking for a pt just so when you get a pt some little noob tells you that his mom has to use the pc. If you are gona bash on a game, then go out and play it before you do. I was blinded by the dark side of mmorpg but I have seen the light thanks to WoW.
    A good majority of the ffxi community HAS played WoW, and hated it. It's just a different kind of game, and after ffxi, it was too fast. No sense of accomplishment is gained after leveling to max level in your first month of having the game. The gameplay just doesn't seem to be as deep as that found in ffxi, not to mention wierdo storyline.
    To each his/her own I suppose...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

At the same time though, the worst possible drama that could happen is someone ninja looting on something huge like Onyxia ( think nidhogg) or Ragnoros (Think King Behemoth with adds)

Instances are the single most genius way to give everyone a shot at items in the game. No more woes of claming the mobs, you just hop on vent with your guild and have to kill it. It's really nice.

It's also ALOT easier to lvl several chars at once, you don't feel obligated to play the same race/job every single day, because of the rested exp system (you gain bonus exp when any of your chars is logged out, faster when logged at an inn or major town) you can alternate between characters.

Crafting: First and formost, YOU CANNOT FAIL A SYNTH. Never will you see that horrible breaking animation after you have spent a month getting a v.claw. If you have the items and the plans to make it, it's made. Also you automatically name everything you make. Although it's much easier to craft in wow, offsetting it that you have to buy the recipies and it has 300 lvls per craft. (you may also only have 2 main crafts and 3 sub crafts) But both crafts can go to the 300 limit. Most people do skinning/leatherworking or tailoring/enchanting because they compliment each other so well. (gathering skill with a crafter skill)

Skill trees: this is a genius invention, you can have 3 priest of all the same race, and all 3 can play compeltly different. You don't look at a priest and immediatly say "they are a healer". Depending how you build your chars, you can be whatever you enjoy most. it's really simple, and you can redo your char if you change your mind at any time for a slight fee. (just gives you all you points back to put back into the trees , think diablo skill tabs)

PVP: real pvp, there are areas like ballista called "Battlegrounds" with CTF type victories and such, and at higher lvls there are mobs inside this BG and even bosses. You can also obtain rare items from playing BG alot and getting lots of kills along with exp, or you could go out into contested areas and just kill anyone you see while leveling or helping a friend. Randomness adds to the fun, but yes sometimes it's annoying to be lvling and some high lvl comes by and ganks you, it happens.

GMs: THEY ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING WHEN YOU COMPLAIN, and if you log out before they can contact you, they will EMAIL you a letter telling you what they did about your matter. the devo's also take our feedback and update the game accordingly (although everyone and their mom keeps yelling NERF SHAMANS) which keeps the content fresh and sometimes even changes how you play a char.

Money: Yes we have gold farmers, but you know what, I don't see any reason people would buy gold in this game, it's everywhere, everything you can sell to the vendors gives a decent amount of money, and it gets alot higher as you lvl. The hardest farming you'll ever have to do is for some epic or godly item, or your final Epic mount which is about 1000Gold, thats roughly equal to 4 million gil in FFXI terms. (using a comparison of IGE's wow/ffxi cost-per-money just compared them)

Getting to lvl 60 isn't the end of the game, you could do an instance 100 times and it could be different every time, because you don't always have the same classes, you might have changed your build, or you might be in a new guild. People can play for months and not get all their epic gear, Where is Veritas, I wanna see your full Netherwind mage set, come on gimme some SS's I know you been trying.

This game has alot of great things about it, it's just hard to start over knowing nothing in an MMO again, thats why so many people stayed with evercrack. Because they didn't want to be a newb again who knows nothing. But , once you find a few good friends and a vent server (all over the place people chat on TS and vent) it's hella fun.

I'm really glad I left ffxi for wow now, I'd log onto FFXI and not feel like I was doing anything, even if I was helping someone or lvling, now I log onto wow and I can do anything, and it makes a difference.

(on a side note: the 2nd best fun thing to do is go to a bar in wow, buy beer and get drunk, the character are hilarious , you see people lvls differently, you fall down , stumble, slur when you talk, and hallways just look crazy)

If you haven't played WoW , for a Solid month, TRYING to learn the game, then you probably won't like it. because you'll spend the whole time comparing it to another game, just like I did above ^^*

But seriously it's a very well made game and worth a shot by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    Can characters really move like that in WoW ?
    That dance thing? Yeah, it's in the emote. Like FFXI, WoW has emotes that have movements attached to them, Dance is a perpetual one.
    If /dance is a perpetual grabbing of your and other people's crotch, im staying the FUCK away from that game

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That dance thing? Yeah, it's in the emote. Like FFXI, WoW has emotes that have movements attached to them, Dance is a perpetual one.
    If /dance is a perpetual grabbing of your and other people's crotch, im staying the FUCK away from that game
    Tryig hard to not make a comment...

Depends on your race and gender. Each race has a different dance, and gender also determines it too. The NE Females have an extremely slutty one, give them a brass pole and well...there ya go. This is why I never do the dance emote on my character :D

Septimus: Predictable >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

oh wow, you're right. you got me, wow is better. Oh wait that was my opinion oh wait you cant change that. oh wait you sign up on forums to say that and 5 other posts god who knows where.

in conclusion
    go to http://www.tubgirl.com

People are here playing FFXI for a reason, no point trying to justify how good WoW is on a FFXI forum.

Apples and fucking oranges.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura

make me some apple pie \(^-^)/

make me some apple pie \(^-^)/
    apple crumble onry.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

wow is not as social as FF...the end

some people play it for that reason and they wouldnt like how WoW is if they tried it

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I did that big infomation bracket because I really like WoW now, and it's not cool to see people slap it with false name tags and such.

And WoW is more social than FFXI has ever been, right from the start it's been teamspeak or ventrillo, and guild families, and who can forget LEeeeerrroooyyyy. Come on where is FFXI's Leeroy, I wanna see it. ^^

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami
    right from the start it's been teamspeak or ventrillo
    that's definitely in the minority.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Na, you'd be surprised how many sites offer free hosting for your WoW servers, I have 2 free TS and 1 free Vent server, our vent server is hosted by a nice admin who's in game/online every day so we can get passwords and stuff, and our GM (Guild Master) has the admin password so we can lock other people out, 200 slots and we can make and password seperate channels.

If you really want those types of servers a quick search and your on. It's just a bitch trying to get everyone set-up and make sure they go out and buy a mic. We have about 5-10 member on at a time usually and split channels if were doing an instance and others are just talking.

Black Belt
    BG Level

and make sure they go out and buy a mic.
    that by default makes them a minority. if you think there are more WoW players who own mics than don't, you're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami
    I did that big infomation bracket because I really like WoW now, and it's not cool to see people slap it with false name tags and such.

And WoW is more social than FFXI has ever been, right from the start it's been teamspeak or ventrillo, and guild families, and who can forget LEeeeerrroooyyyy. Come on where is FFXI's Leeroy, I wanna see it. ^^
    People slap FFXI with false game tags all the time as well, but it's their opinion. FFXI being a social based game I can't see how WoW is more social when you can solo to the lvl cap, while in FFXI you NEED someone to PT with, you NEED people to enjoy the things on this game, seeing as all the FUN things are GROUP based.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's a love/hate thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People slap FFXI with false game tags all the time as well, but it's their opinion. FFXI being a social based game I can't see how WoW is more social when you can solo to the lvl cap, while in FFXI you NEED someone to PT with, you NEED people to enjoy the things on this game, seeing as all the FUN things are GROUP based.
    No, that is where you are wrong. All of the hideously boring things in FFXI are group based. Leveling, Genkai, AF coffer key runs, 3-hour HNM camps, Dynamis, Ola water parties, I can go on if you'd like.