Thread: Compressed air (dust off)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Compressed air (dust off)

read this on another forum.

http://www.snopes.com/toxins/dustoff.asp

On March 1st I left for work at 10 PM. At 11 PM my wife went down and kissed Kyle goodnight. At 530 am the next morning Kathy went downstairs to wake Kyle up for school, before she left for work. He was sitting up in bed with his legs crossed and his head leaning over. She called to him a few times to get up. He didn't move. He would sometimes tease her like this and pretend he fell back asleep. He was never easy to get up. She went in and shook his arm. He fell over. He was pale white and had the straw from the Dust Off can coming out of his mouth. He had the new can of Dust Off in his hands. Kyle was dead.

I am a police officer and I had never heard of this. My wife is a nurse and she had never heard of this. We later found out from the coroner, after the autopsy, that only the propellant from the can of Dust off was in his system. No other drugs. Kyle had died between midnight and 1 Am.

I found out that using Dust Off is being done mostly by kids ages 9 through 15. They even have a name for it. It's called dusting. A take off from the Dust Off name. It gives them a slight high for about 10 seconds. It makes them dizzy. A boy who lives down the street from us showed Kyle how to do this about a month before. Kyle showed his best friend. Told him it was cool and it couldn't hurt you. Its just compressed air. It cant hurt you. His best friend said no.

Kyle's death

Kyle was wrong. It's not just compressed air. It also contains a propellant. I think its R2. Its a refrigerant like what is used in your refrigerator. It is a heavy gas. Heavier than air. When you inhale it, it fills your lungs and keeps the good air, with oxygen, out. That's why you feel dizzy, buzzed. It decreases the oxygen to your brain, to your heart. Kyle was right. It cant hurt you. IT KILLS YOU. The horrible part about this is there is no warning. There is no level that kills you. It's not cumulative or an overdose; it can just go randomly, terribly wrong. Roll the dice and if your number comes up you die. ITS NOT AN OVERDOSE. Its Russian roulette. You don't die later. Or not feel good and say I've had too much. You usually die as your breathing it in. If not you die within 2 seconds of finishing "the hit." That's why the straw was still in Kyle's mouth when he died. Why his eye's were still open.

eeeeee.

do the real shit

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Natural selection at its best.

I can't believe kids ages 9-15 are doing stuff like that. Oh well, they deserve it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Natural selection at its best.

I remember watching a video of people doing the one in the refridgerator. And its always the little kids lol

A couple of my friends do this, I've even seen them do it, It's quite funny to watch, but definately not safe.
    It gives them a quick high, then the chemical does something funny to their voice (kinda like when you inhale helium) only reverse, it makes your voice extremely deep.
    They tried to get me to do it, but I wasn't stupid, I turned them down.
    But yeah.. stay away from this mess kiddies, It's not very cool and it's not good for you

What in the fuck is wrong with kids these days? Can't they stick to drugs that just ruin your life completely rather then take it away?!

Wait, it's kinda the same thing. Idiots, and that kids has the same name as me (spelt different though).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Kuai is just trying to be me....

do the real shit...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What the fuck is wrong with weed?...

When i was a younger weed was it i never even payed for it i never got addicted never needed it just got offered and hell it was a good time 8)

There are lots of idiots in the world. We should just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    There are lots of idiots in the world. We should just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.
    Honestly thats the smartest thing I have heard all day.

lol iv done this before, its pritty stupid, seeing as it lasts only 30secs-1min. Its pritty interesting. Not really a high, its much like everything shakes in your head. Cant really explaine but you hear "voooom voooom vooom" like rinning in your ears the whole room just blurring in and out, shaking like your going 100mph past a something and get tugged back by something..

Dont do this.