Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread

Rate this troll post I made to get rate ups on Allakhazam

Took about 1.5 hours to write. Made my rating on Allakhazam go from 2.29 to 2.65. lolbifrons.

Hello! My ingame character name is Croco and I am a level 75 Samurai. The purpose of this post is to tell everyone the story of my FFXI experience, it's probably very boring, but I just wanted to post it for no reason really. Warning to everyone that this is an extremely long post as I am telling you an entire story.

And here it is, the story of my FFXI experience:

I started out FFXI at the time of the PC Release, I had never played an MMO Before and only wanted to play FFXI because it was another Final Fantasy for me to "Beat". Little did I know it would take over my life basically.

I started out as a level 1 Warrior in San D'Oria confused and not knowing much. After reading a few forum posts I managed to figure out some things like equipping my Sword and using the map. I made my way to the outskirts of town and got Signet for the first tiem as importers told everyone to.

I exited outside town and killed rabbits, worms, orcs, funguars, and just about everything in Ronfaure until level 10. The zone of Ronfaure was absolutely packed with new PC Players, it was full to the brim. I killed and killed, died alot, and started to understand some of the basics of FFXI. Soon I was a level 11 Warrior with full Scale Mail set and a Bee Spatha ready to fight harder stuff.

Upon reaching level 11 I read a post about that I should start some missions. Luckily enough, I already had the axe for Mission 1 so that was a breeze. Mission 2 however was very difficult, I did it with a party of levels 5-15 actually. We slowly made our way through Kim Ramperee's Tomb until we got to the right location according to an FFXIOnline post. We all got the cutscene then waited until night to kill some bats. Night soon fell and se killed some bats and got 4/6 Rare/EX items for the quest, 2 more remained. At this time Spook Popped and man oh man was he hard. We all used 2 hours and at the end of it, 2 of us fell to Spook and we got a Traveler's Mantle. Luckily, I won the lot on it and saved it for level 12. We got finished off getting the scales with 4 of us and returned back to San'D Oria. I Finished off Mission 1-3 with relative ease and was Rank 2!

I thought it was time to fight something harder so I made my way down to La'Thiene Plateau and put up my "Looking For Party" Flag and began looking for a party while I killed some easy stuff. After a short while I was invited to a party to kill some Crabs down at the lake. This was my first party ever and I really didn't know waht to do. After about 10 Battles I started to get the whole Provoke Tanking thing down and I Provoked whenever I lost hate from the Crab, Sheep, or whatever we were fighting. I made it to level 12 in this party and I had to go soon after.

The next day I logged in and got another party, pretty much the same as the last party, but I knew how to tank better and the party went much smoother as a result. After that party disbanded when I was nearly level 14 I soloed up to level 14 and invited a a Valkurm Dunes party. This was my first real formal party and we were fighting Crabs along the beach for insane amounts of EXP to me at that time. I reached level 15 in that party and obtained my Crab Apron.

After reaching level 15 I hit the worst of the Valkurm Dunes experience with confused people like me all over, we had no clue what we were doing half the time and usually gained only a 100 or 200 exp a party. After many mishap parties I was invited to my first "Japanese Party". I had no idea what to expect from this party and they were fighting very hard Damselflies. My newbie Warriorness was very incompetent to them and they lost their temper to me several times telling me to Provoke or be booted. Evenually I got it down to Provoke every 30 seconds in that party and made it to level 17 in that party and got my Damselfy Worm.

A string of bad parties hit me and it seemed like it took forever to achieve level 18, I slowly creeped along and after awhile I got level 18. Now I needed my subjob, I needed that Magicked Skull. I formed a party of 6 dedicated to getting our Subjobs, and after several hours we all recieved all the subjob items we needed to get our Subjobs. I quickly did the Subjob quest and ran back to San D'Oria.

I heard that Monk was the best subjob for Warrior so I changed into MNK/WAR reluctingly, as Monk was a hated job at that time. Because of everyone seeing Monk as a lesser, horrible class at that time I soloed until level 20. At level 20 I thought that'd be enough for Monk and I switched back to Warrior. I got invited to a Pugil Party very quickly in the dunes and made it to 20, now I needed to get to Jeuno and get a Chocobo!

With 5 other people in a party I made it to Jeuno on my second attempt, the first time we were wiped out by a Tiger in Batallia Downs in seconds. I set my Homepoint in Jeuno and learned that I needed 4 Gausbit Grasses for the Chocobo Quest. The Grasses were very expensive so I formed another party with some level 20s to kill Flies until we all got grasses. After about 2-3 hours we all obtained our Grasses and did the quest.

Qufim Island was a horrible experience for me from levels 20-25. In the early stages of FFXI none of us knew much about aggro and undead so we would be wiped out by them constantely. Zoning to the tower was done all the time, during the night time it was not uncommon to see 5 wights, a Banshee, some Gigases, and a Pugil outside the tower. From levels 20-25 I must have died 20-30 times because of aggro, linking, and other junk. Usually when you tried to zone something you'd be killed right before you zoned, or as you were zoning you'd die and be kicked back into the zone (I believe this happens to a lot of people in Kahzam even today with Goblin Smithies). After a very rough 5 levels there were 2 options to level. The first option was Batallia Downs, and the second option was Qufim Island. During this time Kazham wasn't an EXP spot yet, at lease to NAs.

I leveled in a mix of the two areas until level 30, Qufim Island leveling was basically tear the sh*t out of anything you could find, Chain 5-6's happened nonstop for only a few hundred EXP. Batallia Downs was good exp, but the monsters were very tough there (Tigers and Orcs). I also got into a JP party that went to Davoi, we got amazing exp and loot there, but after an hour I was kicked out of the party when a JP PLD started LFP.

Around Level 30 word started coming out that Great Axe was THE Weapon for Warrior. I started leveling it up as a completely broke level 30 Warrior after buying Full Centurion Gear and a Centurion Great Axe. While Skilling Up in Konchast a Level 30 JP RDM asked if he could join in, I said sure and we managed to skill up our weapons to about 10 to the cap after nearly 8 hours I'd assume. After we finished Skilling Up the JP asked me if I wanted to join his JP Static, I said sure if they wanted an NA. This static and this JP would forever change my FFXI career.

The JP gave me 20K for Tanking Food and we started leveling up. The static was Dragoon, Thief, Red Mage, Warrior (me), White Mage, Blackmage. We did a Distortion Skillchain with the Dragoon and Thief that would be the backbone of me wanting to become a Samurai. The static was probably the greatest thing that has ever happened in my FFXI Career, they tried to speak some broken english and I treid to spea some broken Japanese. Besides some Language Barriers we managed Chain #5 Nonstop, I tanked like a pro as Warrior/Monk and the party went so smooth. We glided along to level 36 in a few days, but at this time I was completely broke and needed new armor, I asked my JP Red Mage friend where to make some gil, he responded to me "Goobbue in (|Pashhow Marshland|) are very good". At this time as Warrior/Thief farming them they would drop Tree Cuttings pretty much every other Battle, and the cuttings sold for 35k a stack, it was excellent farming. After no time at all I had new armor, plenty of money for food, and a great farming place for future levels.

One day leveling in Crawler's Nest I experienced something that would ultimately want to turn me into a Samurai. After nearly killing a Chain 5 monster a crawler popped on us and aggroed. Unshure of what to do we all engaged the Crawler after chain 6. This batttle would be the most important Battle of my FFXI career - and it only lasted 20 seconds about. The Dragoon immediately used Double Thrust with the Thief Viper Biting onto me for a huge distortion Skillchain like usual. The Black Mage bursted onto the mob to get it down to 50% health. The Dragoon and Thief then popped an Icarus Wing and did the same skillchain killing the mob in about 20 seconds. With this battle I thought "Wow 2 Skillchains is amazing" and that is what Samurai allows you to do.

The static disbanded at Level 40, the JPs were finished leveling these jobs as almost all of them were leveling it as a Subjob. The JP Redmage still remains my friend to this day though. One thing about the static though, every day they'd stop leveling when another party or two would show up that were NAs, but they'd remain online for awhile. I did not understand why then, but now I realize that most NA Parties sucked during this time and that they probably didn't want leveling trouble.

I tried leveling up Warrior a bit during this time, but I didn't have much Luck on getting a party as Warriors were considered "Meh" at this time by NAs. I achieved Rank 4 with the help of my Tarutaru RDM friend on his main job (Black Mage) and I asked him where I could get some Information about Samurai, he told me of a site and I memorized everything there. Shortly after I unlocked Samurai and began the second chapter of my FFXI time.

Leveling Samurai was pretty easy at that time because Samurai was considered a "WHOMG ADVANCED JOB INVITE THEM!1!1!1!!!!11111!1!!1!!". I made it to level 30 rather fast with no major problems. At level 30 I was invited to an amazing party with my JP Friend in it. The party was SAM SAM BLM BLM PLD WHM. It was nonstop skillchaining + Water II bursts with the 1 Minute Meditate timer at that time. I must have gotten to level 33 in about 2 hours, that was truely the best party I have ever been in. At level 34 my JP friend asked me if I would want to get O. Kote, I said yes, but they were so expensive. My JP Friend took me to Oztroja and after two pops of Mee Deggi I recieved my Ochuido's Kote. A few days later sadly Samurai was nerfed in the Meditate department so getting parties was a little harder, but it wasn't bad. I got to level 40 quickly and my jaw dropped at Jujitsu Gi and Sniper Rings. I farmed Gobbues for about 2 weeks to get these items nonstop, my JP Friend said that I should be an example of all NA Players because of my comittment to being a good player.

After getting all the expensive gear I slowly leveled up to 59, Real Life issues made leveling extremely slow, as well as another major problem of Final Fantasy XI. I noticed that several people started showing up farming in Pashhow, didnt think much of them at this time (Now I realize they were the first real major gil sellers), but I noticed all of them had odd and similar names such as Redboy, Blueberry, Orangecat, etc (not real names). Also at this time I noticed that Tree Cuttings started dropping less and less. At first it was just a little bit less, but they slowly progressed to a stage where 9/10 times you wouldn't get Tree Cuttings from Goobbue.

This was a major delima to me as this had been my farming spot forever, Goobbues were so great to farm, I strugged greatly in finding a spot to make gil until I reached level 55 and started killing Raptors and Cockatrice outside Port Jeuno. Upon reaching level 59 I greatly needed a Haubergeon, I think it took me about a month of farming up Cockatrice and Raptors to get the gil I needed. After getting Haubergeon my JP Friend helped me get Rank 6 and Rank 7 with a few of his friends. I leveled up to 75 over a long period of time, much like any other player. My JP Friend helped me out with some stuff occasionally such as Rank 8-10 and telling me where to level up.

After reaching Level 75 Samurai and getting Rank 10 I joined an HNM LS on my server. After joining this HNM LS that really only did sky my JP Friend was a little reluctant to talk to me, he usually said he was busy or something when I tried to talk to him. After we killed a Behemoth he stopped talking to me all together, no longer replying or waving back to me.

The other day at a Nidhogg camp I /waved to him. No reply like usual. I /waved again, no reply again. I was very upset as he was right there with me, I /telled him why don't you reply anymore. WIth this he replied "You are part of an HNM LS that competes against us, we can no longer be friends".

After hearing my JP Friend say this I have quit FFXI.

I just wanted to tell my FFXI story to Allakhazam.

Croco signing out for the last time.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Does your friend know that you are quiting?

Demosthenes11

dotdotdot

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That was a whole lot of filler to say you quit because your friend didn't like you due to HNMls.

I think it's all a lie in order to get rate ups.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    Correct answer. CrocoFFXI also posted in the White Mage forum bitching about the price of Raise III and got rated up for it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

tl;dr fgt

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Correct answer. CrocoFFXI also posted in the White Mage forum bitching about the price of Raise III and got rated up for it.
    You do realize that Leaping Lizzy said that she wrote that in an hour and a half.... to get rate ups...

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhami
    You do realize that Leaping Lizzy said that she wrote that in an hour and a half.... to get rate ups...
    hence why I said that...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

hence why I said that...
    It was directed at mifaco, I think.

hence why I said that...
    Remember the time when Mifaco used a bot to claim Mysticmaker Profblix?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

[quote=Marcatil]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Almaa":493f2
    hence why I said that...
    Remember the time when Mifaco used a bot to claim Mysticmaker Profblix?[/quote:493f2]

Nope. 8)

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

[quote=Mekhami][quote=Marcatil]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mifaco":b267b
    Quote Originally Posted by "Almaa":b267b
    hence why I said that...
    Remember the time when Mifaco used a bot to claim Mysticmaker Profblix?[/quote:b267b]

Nope. 8)[/quote:b267b]

Mrargus

Black Belt
    BG Level

locked for excessive quoting and a complete lack of intelligent thought.