Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm just wondering...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    skills rated "D" cap at 210 at lv75 which is equivalent to a lv62. Would you have a lv62 xp off decorative weapons ?? I wouldnt. Its definately a good farming toy though.
    Messed up my own post, didnt wanna edit it out this far after the post...suprised no one caught it.
    I caught it, i think we all did, we know what you ment and pointing out stupid facts doesn't make us feal better.^^

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Enitsu
    Ridill definitely isn't diong 0s on deco weapons. Sushi or no sushi - what kind of suckass thieves have you seen?
    Pretty much the only reason I'd EVER even invite a thf to a deco pt is because they had a ridill, not inspite of it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vecan
    You also conviniently compare it to the item I justified my listing of above. You're the first thief I've heard of out of several I know that own those boots that seems to actually use them
    I guess wars should stop wearing their AF boots, because "Enhances Double Attack effect" is shitty.

editedlolz

You're also missing the fact that on a full Triple Attack on the Ridill's hand, you could get 6 hits. On *one* hand. Are we missing that huge TP gain factor? It's not like KC which could have large gain, but the dmg is so low odds are you won't be doing much, if anything at all. At least with Ridill even if you attack a lot, you're doing decent damage. With a KC you're just feeding the mob TP, that's all.

It'd be like a PLD using Hrotti if exping on Ladons for some reason, it's not showing off, it's being smart. Then again personally I'd prefer a PLD to use an Earth/Terra Staff, but w/e >.> (yes, I realize that this last sentence can easily contradict the one prior to it, bite me)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was pretty sure double attack and triple attack traits didn't activate on ridill.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectEnding
    Because "Enhance Double Attack" on WAR AF1 is by a decent amount, whereas "Triple Attack +1" is hardly noticable.
    With AF2 feet I proc triple attack nearly as much as I proc double attack when subbing Warrior, that's a very noticeable difference. Also Dragon leggings+1, the only other good alternative for TP gain feet, do absolutely nothing aside from acc+2... Gear macros ftw.

As for using a Ridill in exp... Why? I get 100%TP on d.weapons in around 30 seconds as it is, I don't need any more then 100%TP for dancing edge. Also I've never fought a d.weapon that I needed to use more then 1 WS on to kill, ever. Even if you do get more TP, which I doubt, it's still just going to waste. I mean take a lvl65 Thief (to acount for dex/acc gear advantage at lvl75) to d.weapon camp and have them try to hit a weapon with sushi and a dagger, that's basically the same accuracy a lvl75 Thief would have. Yeah, it's not pretty. For farming and soloing EM's it would be great though.

EDIT: sword = dagger

For solo, /NIN is awesome. For pulling fast mobs, /NIN will save your mages MP.

For actually dealing damage, /NIN is weak. Use a good dagger and a Viking or Tatami Shield, and sub a damage sub. THF can do well with a variety of subjobs, and like almost every other job do their best DoT as /WAR in xp situations. You won't get the Ridill extra TP, but your hits and WS will do actual damage. A THF/WAR with good gear can actually get hate off the tank with regular melee sometimes (nothing the tank can't get back, but not something you'd ever see a /NIN hitting for 5 do).

Double Attack will make up for the TP difference of any sub-weapon except Ridill/Kraken and your WS will do significantly more damage to begin with, making your TP more valuable.

/NIN has some good advantages (utsu for pulling and aoe, a tiny bit of Subtle Blow) but just think of other melee jobs. What would people think of a MNK, SAM, DRG or DRK that subs NIN for all xp party? That's terribly gimped damage. The only reason WARs can get off subbing NIN is because they obviously can't sub WAR ;P

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've had a MNK sub NIN in the fountain camp in the shrine before. Smart guy too because he had full set of Shura/AF2 and some Destroyers and a massive amount of merits. Let's say he pulled hate quite a few times, and didn't have to stop for 5 seconds anytime on whirl cause it just ate his shadows. So it really wasn't a bad idea =P

But yeah, in an exp situation, THF/WAR or THF/SAM has proven to be a lot more DoT than a NIN sub, the main reason to sub NIN is for Uts when pulling, but in most cases if you are a good puller you don't even lose your shadows.

Because "Enhance Double Attack" on WAR AF1 is by a decent amount, whereas "Triple Attack +1" is hardly noticable.
    WAR AF boots are +10% double attack (not pulling this out of my ass, actual tests have been done...no I'm not linking because it's on like page 800 of the warrior alla forums @_@ where as +1 anything is equivelant to adding a merit, meaning adding 1%.

I could see where people would like the relic boots for THF if they have merits in triple attack, but otherwise.... :\

Pretty much the only reason I'd EVER even invite a thf to a deco pt is because they had a ridill, not inspite of it.
    lol ya...

You guys are purely speculating that thf with ridil sucks. Ever partyed with one...? They kick ass.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Arent you supposed to be RMTing accounts ??

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    You're also missing the fact that on a full Triple Attack on the Ridill's hand, you could get 6 hits. On *one* hand. Are we missing that huge TP gain factor?
    miss miss hit miss hit miss
    thats uh...I think sword gives 7% / hit, so 14% TP. But as someone said, double / triple attack traits dont stack on top of "occationally attacks" stats on weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    You guys are purely speculating that thf with ridil sucks. Ever partyed with one...? They kick ass.
    I'll use my A\C to get some fanning action...allthough thf w/ ridill is pretty reliable too

lol

You must have some pretty half ass thieves on your server then. I partyed with a JP thief on deco's who had a ridill... he had SH/snipers/life belt/supanoimi(sp?) for TP gain and never once did he hit 0, nor did he have accuracy issues.

It saddens me when I get out tped on deco's...level3 double attack merits..

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecan
    Striders are nice for farming, pulling in some areas, camping certain NMs, coffer hunting. Not optimally used during XP party battle, to clarify It's a fun / convinient item if you have the money to burn. If you wanted to be the "best", like he asked, you'd own a pair, among other things.
    I pted with a rng that always wore them, then again his name was Alwayscool 8)

AC ftw! He likes the speed. He's been playing too much warcraft 3. He's one of my best friends.

Damn that guy though, He's one of the riches people on the server.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

lol

You must have some pretty half ass thieves on your server then. I partyed with a JP thief on deco's who had a ridill... he had SH/snipers/life belt/supanoimi(sp?) for TP gain and never once did he hit 0, nor did he have accuracy issues.

that's pretty shitty, where the fuck is the melee dmg at ??

I use O-Hat, Drg Harness, Thunder Ring, Rajas Ring and Warwolf Belt to TP on decos....

Arent you supposed to be RMTing accounts ??
    Shut the fuck up, and discuss the issue at hand instead of being a fucking moron that throws some random insult around and tries to make whatever someone says completely pointless.

lol

I use O-Hat, Drg Harness, Thunder Ring, Rajas Ring and Warwolf Belt to TP on decos....
    Base damage on ridil makes up for the lack of str. What's the damage again..40? Whats the highest dagger damage..?

editedlolz

Xavier

You're missing the point that the ridill is still going to hit for 30ish dmg a hit EVEN with all that accuracy gear, 3 times in a row, as well as your dagger possibly getting at tripple attack (I think). Since you don't have a ridill, you're just going to have to trust us that they own face for thieves in xp parties.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Shut the fuck up, and discuss the issue at hand instead of being a fucking moron that throws some random insult around and tries to make whatever someone says completely pointless.
    wow, you need to calm the fuck down...is your account bought, hence why you took a shitfit over my comment ??

Base damage on ridil makes up for the lack of str. What's the damage again..40? Whats the highest dagger damage..?
    Just because you main hand a dagger and offhand a sword, and in the equipment menu it shows "Attack 375", that doesnt mean that the offhand sword gets "Attack 375".

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    You're missing the point that the ridill is still going to hit for 30ish dmg a hit EVEN with all that accuracy gear, 3 times in a row, as well as your dagger possibly getting at tripple attack (I think). Since you don't have a ridill, you're just going to have to trust us that they own face for thieves in xp parties.
    a thf offhanding a sword at lv60 has accuracy problems out the ass. There is not much extra accuracy gear at that level that is different from lv75. O-Hat, that's about it. SH 57, Snipers 40, life belt 48. Except the D rating on a sword isnt as bad at lv60 then it is at lv75.

However, a flaw in my previous statement in the lv62 is that a lv75 has higher base stats, though not by much. I'll push it, and say its lv64, but that is really stretching it. Would you xp on deco's at lv64 ?? I wouldnt...

But hey, I feel sorry for the thf's on your server if they only way they can get xp is if they have a Ridill. I sure as hell hope they can pull more than 10k / hr, since thats what I get when I xp...though I'm sure my numbers would dwindle if offhanded that.

Black Belt
    BG Level

the ultimate accuracy gear between Lv 62 and Lv 75.

VT mobs.