BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

warrior doesnt even need half of those things

Other then the stuff I listed as not really needing, please, show me something warrior can't put to good use in EXP.

EDIT: Ah, I guess that if you're ditching the x-bow you can also ditch anything that has to do with AGI/R. acc for shots.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

out of the things you listed, i only see the need for these

Weapons: Woodville, juggernaut/maneater, ridill, byakkos axe

Range: velocity bow (cant use o-bow), acid bolts, and bomb core, fenrir's stone

Head: o-hat, genbu's kabuto, relic head (dont even really need this), hectacomb head,
    Neck: r.g collar, spike necklace, and if you're that far along the +great axe or +axe skill gorget

Earrings: Assault, triumph, supanomimi (sp?)

Body: (adaman) Hauberk, osode, fighter's lorica

Hands: warrior's mufflers, +str peice (fighter's mufflers, bracers, hectacomb hands whatever), adaman/thick hands - dont need hectomb and a str piece

Rings: Flame ring, rajas ring, sniper'sX2

Back: Foragers

Waist: Life belt, warwolf belt

Pants: Adaman/thick, hectacomb/barone, byakkos, relic

Feet: Fighter's Caligae, Warrior's Calligae, thick/adaman, hectacomb

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    what the heck does a war carry ??

macro in AF head for warcry...maybe a warwolf belt when in aggressor...but what else ? lol
    Range: o-bow

I'd say ditch Obow, because it's RNG only.

Bah, Lito beat me to it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

everything that I listed that was not written in bold is stuff that I DO own and that DOES get used in a standard XP PT with me subbing nin (pre-patch, havent tested racc on XP mobs as thf yet).

onto the useless stuff:
    -I'm no war, but I know a war/nin using GAX is a waste of space. I fail to see why a war/nin would use that.
    -you cant use an x-bow and bomb core/fenrir stone because it resets TP. more wasted space.
    -"hectacomb head, and of course our lowly +str helm from riverne", why carry around two pieces of str gear ?? If its because of hecatomb's slow, why carry around adaman celata ?
    -you have a lot of tanking gear mentionned in there. Since when do war/nin's join xp pt's to tank ?? I have yet to meet one that says "ya man, I lvled war to tank, I <3<3<3 tanking".

It depends really.

Weapons: Woodville, juggernaut/maneater, ridill, byakkos axe

Martial Scythe/GS have their place. Savage blade is pretty damn weak for doing light with sam/rng/drg, I would rather use ground strike. Spiral Hell is also a useful WS.

Range: velocity bow (cant use o-bow), acid bolts, and bomb core, fenrir's stone

Aye, I meant x-bow, normally associate x-bow's with RNG...RNG use o-bow.

Head: o-hat, genbu's kabuto, relic head (dont even really need this), hectacomb head,

Relic head gives an attack bonus on warcry. Why wouldn't you use it?

Neck: r.g collar, spike necklace, and if you're that far along the +great axe or +axe skill gorget (im more partial to +gaxe, but thats just me)

Although I don't own any of the gorgets, from what I understand they help rampage a lot.

Hands: warrior's mufflers, +str peice (fighter's mufflers, bracers, hectacomb hands whatever), adaman/thick hands - dont need hectomb and a str piece

Depends what STR peice you are using. If you have fighter's mufflers, then hectacomb are better for ws.

Body: (adaman) Hauberk, osode, fighter's lorica

Why wouldn't you use relic body...? Takes away most of the evasion loss on aggressor.

As for all of the HP/emnity gear you took out, well, I have left my tank gear at home far to many times then something like ulli pops...and hey, I'm tanking it. Having my tank gear for that helps.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Why wouldn't you use relic body...? Takes away most of the evasion loss on aggressor.
    Bubbly Bernie could hit a lv75 war in full evasion gear with 95% accuracy.
    War's dont evade shit lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

made a mistake. af2 body was suppose to be on the list, not af1 body

Meh, I like af1 body for the emnity. You can't buy that shit.. lol

And ya nynja, our evasion is piss poor but we do get the occaisional evade when aggressor isn't up. Might aswell increase the number of occaisional evades.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Serious question. WAR with PLD sub 70+, doable? EXP situation only. I know WAR PTs better of with /nin after 74, but still, could it work? What would be the dmg taken by WAR?

WAR with PLD sub 70+ would have Sentinel/Warcry/Flash/Cures(if MP is maintained) and pretty much all the gear a PLD would wear with probably more Enmity from gear than PLD would.

Eh, not really. WAR tank keeps hate more through damage then anything else-when your tank is out damaging a dd in your party, hate isn't budging lol

Might aswell just sub /NIN or /MNK if you are solo tanking at 70. Boost with +18~ emnity on it every 15 seconds is nice while solo tanking...since ichi lasts maybe 3.5 seconds ;x

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I still think war/mnk is an excellent XP tank, atleast on paper.

It's good ya.. but it's basically a PLD. You have to use defender or mages can't keep up, thus dropping your dmg a lot. No way to self heal excluding chakra :\ Might aswell just invite a pld.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wouldn't WAR with Koenig pieces, Kabuto and AF have more VIT and Enmity than PLD at 75? lol

Ya, but at 75 you should be subbing NIN for exp tanking

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know I know. I was just curious for experimental purposes.

Well I know that war/mnk could easily tank basically everything in sky except kirin if you feel like trying that

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sure will. I'll use my PLD gear on my WAR once it gets into 73+ =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8