Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm just wondering...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm just wondering...

What is the best equip for a Mithra Theif level 75...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: I'm just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMistSkeleton
    I'm not even 75 yet and I realize that equipment is situational, and you change equipment all the time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Re: I'm just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMistSkeleton
    Same as any job for a mithra at any level.... Subligar, of course!

dragon harness +1

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

In order of inv slot

Blau Dolch
    Harpe
    Ziska's Crossbow
    Bloody Bolt
    Emperor Hairpin
    Spike Necklace
    Pixie Earring
    Ardoit Earring
    Blue Cotehardie +1
    Assassin's... AF2 hands wtf they're called
    Thunder Ring
    Thunder Ring
    Commander's Cape
    Warwolf Belt
    Assassin's... AF2 pants
    Dragon Leggings +1

Give or take 1 or 2 things, that's what you should shoot for.

Harpe sucks. It also makes a terrible off hand weapon.
    Ridill ftw.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Your list is half-right Mithra have naturally high dex and agility, and your equipment is mostly dex/agi heavy. Since he's asking for the BEST equipment, I'd say (multiple equips for swapping / preference):

Main hand: Thief's Knife / Blau Dolch
    Offhand: Ridill
    Ranged: Ziska's Crossbow
    Head: Optical Hat / Hairpin
    Neck: Peacock Charm / Spike Necklace
    Body: Scorpion Harness +1 / Dragon Harness +1 / Hecatomb Harness +1
    Hands: Assassin's Armlets
    Legs: Dragon Leggings +1 / Hecatomb Subligar +1 / Bravo's Subligar
    Feet: Strider Boots / Winged Boots +1
    Ring: Rajas Ring
    Ring: Thunder Ring
    Earring: Pixie Earring
    Earring: Suppanomimi(sp)
    Back: Commander's Cape
    Belt: Warwolf / Speed Belt

Get Saving

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Umm theres lots of equip setups, but I'm too lazy to list specific items. But I have SA, TA, eva, acc/haste, and steal gear. Not all of it on me at all tiems of course, depending o what I'm doing I'll bring the right gear :D

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ridill is shit for thf in xp.

D rated weapon FTW ?? right...
    skills rated "D" cap at 210 at lv75 which is equivalent to a lv62. Would you have a lv72 xp off decorative weapons ?? I wouldnt. Its definately a good farming toy though.

Feet: Strider Boots / Winged Boots +1
    rofl ?? that's a joke, right ??
    Assassin's Poulaines, Dragon Leggings or Hct. Leggings pwn the shit out of either of the afforementionned boots.

Onto the topic at hand, thf's should be using macro swaps for every damn situation. You shouldnt be going out without less than about 30 pieces of gear, more if you're hardcore. TP gear, SA gear, TA gear, SATA gear, RACC gear (if you into that)...

Ridill isn't meant for the damage, it's meant for the TP gain, therefore they can WS more. Not something hard to figure out ya know...

Xavier

a thfs using sushi + acc gear to build tp has surprisingly good accuracy with ridill, despite sword being rated D. I wouldn't use it on anything harder than an XP mob though, gets wasted then for them.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

rofl ?? that's a joke, right ??
    Assassin's Poulaines, Dragon Leggings or Hct. Leggings pwn the shit out of either of the afforementionned boots.
    Have you even seen the stats on Assassin's Poulaines? if so, please explain to me how it "pwns the shit" out of anything. Hecatomb feet is good for swapping into WS, Dragon Leggings is a beefed up Leaping/Winged, can add it to the above list if you want.

But you called Ridill shit for xp. I've partied with a thief using a Ridill several times, and the TP gain was definately noticeable.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not like Daggers have amazing DoT anyway^^ the only concern i'd have is the acc problem, 50 skill lvls= 50 attack 50 acc. Thats alot to lose if your not +acc heavy, but then again im no thf, the high dex probally balances it out.

(Edit wrote before the above 2 >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vecan
    Your list is half-right Mithra have naturally high dex and agility, and your equipment is mostly dex/agi heavy. Since he's asking for the BEST equipment, I'd say (multiple equips for swapping / preference):

Main hand: Thief's Knife / Blau Dolch
    Offhand: Ridill
    Ranged: Ziska's Crossbow
    Head: Optical Hat / Hairpin Hecatomb cap..?
    Neck: Peacock Charm / Spike Necklace
    Body: Scorpion Harness +1 / Dragon Harness +1 / Hecatomb Harness +1
    Hands: Assassin's Armlets
    Legs: Dragon Leggings +1 / Hecatomb Subligar +1 / Bravo's Subligar
    Feet: Strider Boots...no go home / Winged Boots +1
    Ring: Rajas Ring
    Ring: Thunder Ring
    Earring: Pixie Earring
    Earring: Suppanomimi(sp)
    Back: Commander's Cape
    Belt: Warwolf / Speed Belt

Get Saving

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Striders are nice for farming, pulling in some areas, camping certain NMs, coffer hunting. Not optimally used during XP party battle, to clarify It's a fun / convinient item if you have the money to burn. If you wanted to be the "best", like he asked, you'd own a pair, among other things.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vecan
    Striders are nice for farming, pulling in some areas, camping certain NMs, coffer hunting. Not optimally used during XP party battle, to clarify It's a fun / convinient item if you have the money to burn. If you wanted to be the "best", like he asked, you'd own a pair, among other things.
    I pted with a rng that always wore them, then again his name was Alwayscool 8)

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Ridill is shit for thf in xp.

D rated weapon FTW ?? right...
    skills rated "D" cap at 210 at lv75 which is equivalent to a lv62. Would you have a lv72 xp off decorative weapons ?? I wouldnt. Its definately a good farming toy though.

RIght on Target =P.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    skills rated "D" cap at 210 at lv75 which is equivalent to a lv62. Would you have a lv62 xp off decorative weapons ?? I wouldnt. Its definately a good farming toy though.
    Messed up my own post, didnt wanna edit it out this far after the post...suprised no one caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    a thfs using sushi + acc gear to build tp has surprisingly good accuracy with ridill, despite sword being rated D. I wouldn't use it on anything harder than an XP mob though, gets wasted then for them.
    a thf who uses sushi and that much acc gear winds up hitting for 0-5. Believe it or not, but those "low dmg dagger shots" do add up. When you put some STR and Attack into the equation, those 0-5's turn into 25-30's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vecan, a ==BARD==
    Have you even seen the stats on Assassin's Poulaines? if so, please explain to me how it "pwns the shit" out of anything. Hecatomb feet is good for swapping into WS, Dragon Leggings is a beefed up Leaping/Winged, can add it to the above list if you want.
    Yes, I've seen the stats on AF feet, I own a pair. Triple Attack+1. How the fuck does Movement Speed+12% AGI+2 compare to Triple Attack+1 ?? It doesnt...

Believe me, I'd like a Ridill for my thf, but theres no way in hell I would use it on xp mobs. When I XP, I like to get XP, not show off my e-peen, ie: {Ridill}{Please check it.}

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ridill definitely isn't diong 0s on deco weapons. Sushi or no sushi - what kind of suckass thieves have you seen?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

First off

"Vecan, a ==BARD=="

I also have a 66 thief I'm in the process of finishing off (it was my first job) with a full set of hecatomb and pretty close to every peice of equipment I need at 75 minus ridill and assassin armlets.

You also conviniently compare it to the item I justified my listing of above. You're the first thief I've heard of out of several I know that own those boots that seems to actually use them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast