Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thief Knife in off-hand     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Thief Knife in off-hand

Hey, has anyone tested to see if the Treasure Hunter bonus on thief knife still applies if you have it in your offhand, or do you have to keep it as your main? Any help would be appreciated, thx.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

theres a TH bonus ?!?!?

holy shit !!!!!!!

huh?

But uh, ya, haven't tested it o_o

Seeing as we cant really even test TH in main hand, how does someone test it in the offhand?

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    theres a TH bonus ?!?!?

holy shit !!!!!!!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

By equipping a weapon in your offhand with +1 str, do you get +1 str bonus? Yes you do. I don't see how it would work differently in this case.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vecan
    By equipping a weapon in your offhand with +1 str, do you get +1 str bonus? Yes you do. I don't see how it would work differently in this case.
    Well some people swear by the fact that the crit hit rate on the KS30 weapons only apply to that weapon only.
    As well as the Martial weapons are main hand only.

Black Belt
    BG Level

we just went through this. just because something adds in the off-hand doesn't mean everything adds in the off-hand.

i think TH is something that would but why risk it.

Summary from multiple screenshots I have seen regarding TH from talking to (well, they're worthless, but) GMs:

TH applies as long as the mob is engaged by the person with TH, i.e. the Thief.

In that scenario, I would believe that "TH bonus" would be added if the weapon was in the offhand.

Yeah, GMs are good to say alot of things.

"We will investigate this issue"

Deja-vu anyone? I think I also remember the outcome.

GMs aren't even SE employees, they work for SOE, contracting for SE. They don't know shit about game mechanics, only JP GMs do. (At least I think so.)

No, they get some information.

I wish I kept the shots I'd seen before. =/

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Summary from multiple screenshots I have seen regarding TH from talking to (well, they're worthless, but) GMs:

TH applies as long as the mob is engaged by the person with TH, i.e. the Thief.

In that scenario, I would believe that "TH bonus" would be added if the weapon was in the offhand.
    Holy shit, the GM I talked to gave me a completely different story. He said that THF's don't have to be engaged, just in PT. I also asked a GM about the THF getting final blow theory. He said that was fake and that treasure hunter merely does exactly what it says it does under job traits.

But of course, we all know GMs don't know shit. They're dragoons. What do they know about THF

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:12 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, GMs are good to say alot of things.

"We will investigate this issue"

Deja-vu anyone? I think I also remember the outcome.

GMs aren't even SE employees, they work for SOE, contracting for SE. They don't know shit about game mechanics, only JP GMs do. (At least I think so.)
    What the hell is SOE? Why do so many people not realize Sony online Entertainment has nothing to do with FFXI or Square-Enix.... just similar initials.

Actually, I believe the GMs do work for Sony, as a contract for Square Enix here in the US. And this is why US GMs don't really have a clue nor any power to fix shit.

I'm running a pretty detailed test on Treasure Hunter and Thief's Knife as we speak. Here's my current progress:

TH2 only, no Thief's Knife - 1251 kills of the same mob completed
    TH3, Thief's Knife in main hand - 270 kills of the same mob completed.
    TH3, Thief's Knife in off hand - 0 kills completed.

So far I see a noticeable difference between TH2 only, and TH3 main hand in drop rate. This is a good thing. Still though, anything can happen with only 270 kills so I'm looking forward to hammering out 1,000 more so I can get a solid comparison. Once I'm done I'll probably test Thief's Knife in the offhand under the same conditions since the things I'm killing is actually just what I farm, so I have motivation besides just recording numbers for the knife test

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    I'm running a pretty detailed test on Treasure Hunter and Thief's Knife as we speak. Here's my current progress:

TH2 only, no Thief's Knife - 1251 kills of the same mob completed
    TH3, Thief's Knife in main hand - 270 kills of the same mob completed.
    TH3, Thief's Knife in off hand - 0 kills completed.
    Dear god I hope you are killing spiders if you are wasting that much time testing.

lol i already said i'm farming So the time isn't wasted. And no it's not spiders.