Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you 2Box?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Do you 2Box?

How many people out there play 2 accounts and what do you use them for?

o/

Endonotme gave me his brother in laws account, used to powerlevel, and now just to hold ninja gear rather than muling it 15times. And nice for basic ports/d2's.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I use my girlfriend's account to teleport myself, Raise myself, and bring food/tools to parties if i need it and she's not on =P

I never actually run 2 chars though, just use them for convenience.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I used a friend's account last month to solo PL some sub-jobs, running two instances of the Archbell windower. I did try to PL a couple LS parties, but often times it was pretty laggy.

i 2 box too my Frnds account and my account for when i need shit from the AH.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Used to dual-box 2 accounts on 2 dif servers. PS2 & PC side by side. Gave up the notion of playing on 2 dif server, because it's too time consuming dealing with just one. lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Used to 2box with PC and PS2, but man when I would look back and forth from computer to tv, it would give me a major headache, made me even quit the game for ~1 and a half months. Thats how bad it was

Now I dual box on 2PC's and its much nicer. Its great to be able to play another character, and atm I'm lucky enough to have a 75whm on my 2nd comp. Of course whm is sexy so enough said.

Plvling is great if you enjoy lvling, which I don't...

Takes a lot of getting used too, I can tell you right now I'm not very good handling both chars at same time, but I bet there are a couple people out there who can.

I would like to say the ps2 controller was one of the most easiest ways to persay bot-heal. Useing 2 keyboards is big and bulky.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I regularly dualbox the game, sometimes triple. I almost always have it up for the convenience. That way I can ignore LS spam on my main and concentrate, and flick my eyes over to my mule in moghouse that has the LS window wide open.

I PL and tele myself and my LS a lot, dont use it for Raise much anymore since we all need r2/3 and Im not high enough. I was given a high level bard recently, which I use to fill the heal/help spot when we camp items for my shell members and just for practical usage. I have partied with the bard in my PT, once I got used to the setup and made some case specific macros, I had no issues at all running the bard in the setup.

If you have a cooperating party, you need to do very little to effectivly dual box a character. One of my recent things is not PLing myself (character is higher than the mage I use to assist 70 vs 43) but having an assist. I set up a macro for haste with a /wait 23 and can spam it to 3 people easily. That covers the tank and DDs with haste. Setting a paralyna stpc is nice as well, I can pop anyone with a saving spell while the main mage in the PT concentrates

Its also nice after fights to cover the topping off of members HPs, by doing that I save the time/MP for an aga spell for the main healer, the extra time saved in that instance generally makes chains faster.

two box OK

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have an online PS2 right beside my PC. If I had another account to 2box with, I would.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I 2box alot to PL myself at the lower lvls (35 and under) and on HNM fights when low on manpower and such (tiamat jorm vrta etc).

i used to 2box my friend's account which is now my mule account until my desktop burned out and i cant afford to replace mobo ; ; so stuck on laptop

I don't personally 2 box. I know BG has about 2-3 characters per person and they all 2 box. Some where bought (which I find amusing because of their no RMT policy). Some were given by friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWatermonkey
    I don't personally 2 box. I know BG has about 2-3 characters per person and they all 2 box. Some where bought (which I find amusing because of their no RMT policy). Some were given by friends.
    lol?

BG is a half man half octupus 8boxing

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I know BG has about 2-3 characters per person and they all 2 box.
    That couldn't be any further from the truth.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by MrWatermonkey
    I don't personally 2 box. I know BG has about 2-3 characters per person and they all 2 box.
    Its not that extreme. To prove the point, I guess I'll list everyone who 2boxes in the LS, at major events, not for farming purposes which doesn't really seem relevant.

Bert
    Ondori
    Peng
    Cloude
    Enitsu
    Curtis
    Bikwin
    Twentytwo.

We have roughly 40 members in the LS, some more active than others, but 2box isn't as rampant as you're describing. It really helps though because people have lives and can't play all the time, so when their accounts are semi-shared, LS gear doesn't go to waste and can benefit us at kills.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

fuck you im not the same as bikkwin

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG is actually just my immediate family. My mom plays Xavier/Berticus/Kuno/Cloude, my little sister plays Vudoo/Tengaar/Lito/Liltwin, my brother plays Ulmega only, because he's a little slow and my dog and her puppies pick up the slack and play the rest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...disound/BG.jpg

Edit: holy shit, this is fridge material, my mom just put it up

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Enitsu
    BG is actually just my immediate family. My mom plays Xavier/Berticus/Kuno/Cloude, my little sister plays Vudoo/Tengaar/Lito/Liltwin, my brother plays Ulmega only, because he's a little slow and my dog and her puppies pick up the slack and play the rest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...disound/BG.jpg

Edit: holy shit, this is fridge material, my mom just put it up
    LOL