Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I think this endgame must be doing pretty damn well if this is the best drama you guys can come up with.

About yesterday: yes, I believe Ehren did throw a few cures to SB, but we explicitly told him not to and he stopped. I totally agree that curing their members is crossing the line and could be considered a form of team-up; throwing out a few odd raises can hardly be considered that.

If they were wiping and we swapped in our members for theirs, or had our mages constantly curing their tanks that would obviously be unfair.

And Judah, if you actually wanted to have a discussion about this you should bring it to our or SB's message boards. The only reason you are posting here is obviously to badmouth us in front of everyone, not to have a real discussion about this.

Way I see it, raising someone's members for them is basically saving their mages 150-250 (not sure about the exact cost of raise 1-3)mp, therefore the mages in the alliance not only save time, but they save mp and are able to concentrate on other aspects of a fight, relieving a whm of that duty is significant enough so that's why it could be seen as teaming up.

1 raise isn't that bad during a fight (and I say this very loosely), 5 isn't bad after a fight, but when you're handing out 3+ raises to people while the fight is on then you're doing a great deal for the other LS.

Sendoh is right though, it's very unfair for other LS who don't recieve help (wanted or not, more often not). If you wanna help eachother out, do it after a fight, friend or not please respect eachother's own power and conpetence to kill the HNMs, or just random as one. What you do with the loot though isn't our problem.

And Judah, if you actually wanted to have a discussion about this you should bring it to our or SB's message boards. The only reason you are posting here is obviously to badmouth us in front of everyone, not to have a real discussion about this.
    If I had posted on SB forums it would just be ignored/thrown out. MWM has made it very clear to me in game of his opinion of what I have to say - (this means he blacklisted me). If i have to take it to BG forum - a forum that gets more hits from the community then SB, UDF, and Hokuten forums combined - I will do that.

About yesterday: yes, I believe Ehren did throw a few cures to SB, but we explicitly told him not to and he stopped. I totally agree that curing their members is crossing the line and could be considered a form of team-up; throwing out a few odd raises can hardly be considered that.
    1 raise isn't that bad during a fight (and I say this very loosely), 5 isn't bad after a fight, but when you're handing out 3+ raises to people while the fight is on then you're doing a great deal for the other LS.
    I'd just like to see the lines established of what teaming up is.

And Zigma - before you post again - I'd like to explain the general idea of your character. Most people see your situation with SB and TTF as a big joke. Your in SB but you wear TTF and brag about being in a JP LS. Choose a community, and go to it. You posting random little pictures and acting like the topic is funny only supports my points. When you are with SB and you swap pearls - can I make the call that TTF is teaming up with SB?

drop one of your pearls - or keep your opinions to yourself.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Judah, do you honestly think that SB was gonna wipe if we didn't receive one raise from UDF? Were you even there? If two weak linkshells that have no chance of beating Fafnir alone are passing cures and raises to each other the whole fight, that's teaming up. If a few raises or cures get passed out between friendly linkshells, don't get too excited. Let's wait until we see some linkshells giving each other real heavy assistance during HNM.

I'll let Zigma answer for himself if he feels like it, but give us a break from the cheap shots about Zigma's "character" for being in two linkshells.

Not getting excited at all. Just feel that if the linkshell feels they can take it or not makes no difference. If you heal or raise anyone you are making it unfair for the people behind them in random - if you think it will make a difference or not to the fight.

Like Eclura said - raise 3 is alot of MP to save their WHMs.

Its giving the linkshell an unfair advantage either way.

(edit: and what I say about zigma is my own business - if you'd like it to be your business i'll gladly post all my zigma screenshots.)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I saw someone from UDF /cheer on someone from SB!!

TEAMUP LSs MUST DIE!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Bravus
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    so wait
    2 LS's that blatantly team up essentially random twice (once for each LS) when LS's who claim HNM's may wipe ??

MPK those faggots....
    You're not even from Bahamut are you? It's highly apparent you aren't clued in, you have no credibility or grounds to speak, and your choice of actions reflects your mentality. In sum: shut up.
    I'm sorry, can I have a WP to Bahamut for a lv1 mule so I can have credibility and grounds to speak ??

I guess Bahamut is the only server with HNM's...and therefor I'm not allowed to speak. Once again, my appologies. {sarcasm}My server has no Fafnir or Nidhoggs, so wiping isnt a problem here {/sarcasm}

Plz continue teaming up with another linkshell to gay up any /random's by tipping the scales into your favor.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    And Zigma - before you post again - I'd like to explain the general idea of your character. Most people see your situation with SB and TTF as a big joke. Your in SB but you wear TTF and brag about being in a JP LS. Choose a community, and go to it. You posting random little pictures and acting like the topic is funny only supports my points. When you are with SB and you swap pearls - can I make the call that TTF is teaming up with SB?

drop one of your pearls - or keep your opinions to yourself.

dude, I've known Mrwatermonkey for over 7+ years (omg that's right!)
    If i'm bored on a saturday night and my LS isn't going to be camping anything anytime soon them i'm gonna go have some fun....with my friends.

say whatever you want about teaming up, I'll just keep loading up MS Paint and drawing stuff and posting it because everything that comes out your mouth is pure drama.

I'm allowed to have a life as well. Don't be mad I pulled fafnir for them yesterday and raped your chance of claiming it (If that's how you see it/are angry about.)

I've said it so many times. I'm glad I don't have to deal with this shit when it comes to my LS. My name is rarely the center of attention. You however, everyone looks foward to seeing threads created by you because it brings this community entertainment

It's too bad this one failed because It's only on page 2 and it's been up for quite some time now. Stop beating the dead horse.

yeah, 150-200 mp is really going to change the entire fight when you have 20+ people there for fafnir. Of course, using raise 1 is not a choice even if you're on the brink of wiping.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If it's no big deal, then just don't do it.

If it's no big deal, why are people still flaming sb and us for it. It looks retarded when sb is having a walk in the park with fafnir and when one of our mages toss a single cure on one of their members, you get morons shouting "OMFG, UDF saved SB, Teaming up is bad because so and so said so."

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It is a big deal, but you guys say it's not. If so, then don't do it.

tell me why it is a big deal then we can decide what we'll do. take note of the situation that i've just mentioned.

Black Belt
    BG Level

it's a black and white situation, every LS claims on their own, fights on their own, randoms on their own.

when you introduce variables to the sitiation you cause unnecessary problems.

the more stuff "that's no big deal", the more stuff people have to make exceptions for, the more stuff people have to remember.

it's okay to do this. but not okay to do that. and this is okay but not that. there's no authority anywhere to draw up this list and no concensus on what is or is not okay.

the simplest thing to do is keep it simple, keep it black and white. everything is not okay so there is zero confusion.

the big deal is you people are trying to add confusion when there shouldn't be any. if it's not a big deal than don't do it, they will win without it. if they are your friends let them do it on their own and show everyone they can.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that curing and raising other linkshells during Fafnir or other competitive HNMs should be the standard. But I don't think that a single raise or cure during the fight warrants a whistle-blowing forum post, either . If anyone believes that SB and UDF are somehow one linkshell masquerading as two, they don't understand our relationship. Will SB and UDF help each other out from time to time? Of course, we're on friendly terms. But members of SB still feel competitive toward UDF and the other way around. If every top NA linkshell felt that way about the others, there would be a lot less drama.

Xavier

I don't really care either way, but I would think that by human nature everyone would be competitive over mobs that drop things they want. I know I personally want things off various HNMs, and because of that, I wouldn't try too hard to help them get it over me. I don't really think anybody can call that being an asshole, but lemmie kinda relate it to this.

Say Nidhogg is the NBA championship. Say its a pretty even game, could go eitherway, when suddenly the other team brings in a 20 year old Michael Jordan who wasn't on the roster to seal the deal for the win, you'd be upset right? If you don't want people to get upset over competitive kills, stick with your offical lineup.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

For god sakes all of you need to stop whining and grow up I belive this game is rated T for teen. So everyone needs to start acting like grown ups .

Whining cause Worldx did this or S/B did that or OMG someone raised someone needs stop.

This is a video game not a career. SO have FUN! :D

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Litoriceboi
    If it's no big deal, then just don't do it.
    This guy won the thread, you can all stop posting

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen
    Is it a game?
    It's a SERVICE. Not a game. It's a WORLD. Not a game. It's a COMMUNITY. Not a game. Anyone who says, "it's just a game" is missing the point.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?optio ... 3&Itemid=2

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen
    Is it a game?
    It's a SERVICE. Not a game. It's a WORLD. Not a game. It's a COMMUNITY. Not a game. Anyone who says, "it's just a game" is missing the point.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?optio ... 3&Itemid=2

That's very true. Yet most people don't realize it and define the word "game" as their own.

But with that said, It's still a game no matter how anyone see's it. But when you're dealing with an actual person across you in real-time, then it's a step up from your typical PS2 or Xbox single player game, Or even Counter-strike.