Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    i don't see why everyone thinks "trying to get into bg" is "hanging from bg's sack." anyway, i don't see why you're trying to point out akiro. from the time he's come to our tiamats, dynamises, and 3kings he's been helping like any recruit, and now hes in the LS.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWatermonkey
    If it was any other NA Ls that needed a raise I would walk over their dead bodies like it's been done to us.
    sorry mwm, that the world has treated you so badly by not raising you the many times you guys zenmetsu'ed. i guess it's time to blame your problems on the world and talk shit like not getting raised at an HNM is some kind of devastating injustice.
    i think mwm is pointing to akiro for obvious reasons, as ur moderator said he doesn't fit any of ur requirements, so then why was he on trial? friends with ppl? even if u say so from outside it only looks like "hanging from bg's sack" to others because definately if he's gear fits ur standard then any bard on bahamut will fit into it if not better, or unless u were desperate for smn's or something, but everytime i see him in ur alliance he was brd

btw ... bikkwin deletes nidhogg files... like amarok said 8) and the reason you guys never saw my adaman hauberk on my taru drk because i hackd into every one comps on the server, and deleted the adaman hauberk file..thats why uh..looked like i didnt have it ..im bored

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    i don't see why everyone thinks "trying to get into bg" is "hanging from bg's sack." anyway, i don't see why you're trying to point out akiro. from the time he's come to our tiamats, dynamises, and 3kings he's been helping like any recruit, and now hes in the LS.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWatermonkey
    If it was any other NA Ls that needed a raise I would walk over their dead bodies like it's been done to us.
    sorry mwm, that the world has treated you so badly by not raising you the many times you guys zenmetsu'ed. i guess it's time to blame your problems on the world and talk shit like not getting raised at an HNM is some kind of devastating injustice.
    i think mwm is pointing to akiro for obvious reasons, as ur moderator said he doesn't fit any of ur requirements, so then why was he on trial? friends with ppl? even if u say so from outside it only looks like "hanging from bg's sack" to others because definately if he's gear fits ur standard then any bard on bahamut will fit into it if not better, or unless u were desperate for smn's or something, but everytime i see him in ur alliance he was brd
    Actually, Ondori doesn't even know what he's talking about. Our requirements are constantly changing. Recently, we've been missing out on BRDs. And you of all people should not be talking about hanging off LS's sack.

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

It does say on the recruitment page that exceptions can be made, akiro not meeting many standards may have been a factor to him not getting into the ls quicker, but there's more to recruting than just meeting a list of reqs even though those are what helps you're chances alot. And I agree with lito, you really have no place to judge akiro, Moggy.

hehe change this msg then, no place to judge yes, but saying ppl teaming up and having someone that doesn't meet ur own standards set "helping" out sounds contradicting?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No, not really.

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

Moggy you seem to be missing the point. Yes he did not meet many standards but he was still being considered (and is now in) as a recruit to the ls.

Edit: Just because someone doesn't meet the standards, doesn't mean he'd be told "Hell no, GTFO" and it still not the same as 2 ls's teaming up. Having 1 person who you're ls is thinking of recruiting help isn't 1 ls helping another with an HNM.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Best way to test candidates is to put them in a big fight to test out there skills.

it was dicussed in the sekai + FI dicussion, so i can't help friends at HNMs?

if it appears that the whole ls helps under instruction of ls leader then its considered teaming up, if there was order not to help by ls leader then i doubt they'll be helping, in the case the ls gave no instructions, whats wrong with one helping a friend?

We got one fucking raise from UDF. That raise wasn't even on a key member or some shit like that, it was on MWM's level 67 rdm. Oh shit guys, we might've wiped.

Oh wait we had another RDM outside alliance.

You guys are missing the point. If it would have helped you with the kill or not - you still are recieving outside linkshell help.

Is this teaming up?

If yes, then don't raise/heal/anything and expect to get to random.

If no, then all the discussion doesn't matter.

Now so far the only people going "THIS IS BS OMG" are UDF and SB, where as all other people from dif Linkshells are saying you two are giving eachother an unfair advantage.

Yes it was pretty much irrelevant to their victory.

Yes with all the drama of late it probably should have been avoided.

No we do not literally team up, share loot, purposely turn a losing battle into a winning battle.

No this drama is not necessary, most people know it but they can't help but show off.

Yeah mwm is talking shit but so is everyone else... seriously what else are the BG forums for? Want to prevent people talking shit Berticus? Then don't allow people to start it, or selectively jump in and acting like yours smells sweeter.

Judah, as usual half your info is bullshit so apology accepted. Your welcome to read the other drama post if that's not too difficult for you. The information is pretty much there in detail 5 times over.

Seriously this is a dead issue, I doubt it will ever happen again so people don't get your panties in a twist.

UDF takes pride in the fact that we avoid most of the drama unless it's instagated against us by raging drama queens with nothing better to do then start crap on forums. FFXI might be more than a game but some of you really need to step away from time to time and get a life.

"this is just a game" is an incredibly immature and lame scapegoat phrase people try to use as a cure-all to get people to shut up when they dont want to discuss something. it's terribly inaccurate and the people who say it should know that they're wrong.

but anyway, to you moggy, are you trying to say how conditions in BG are? last time i checked you werent a member, so for you to try to say akiro cant be a recruit because he doesnt meet some sort of requirement doesnt really work. leave that to us. our rules and requirements change pretty frequently, and exceptions are -always- made because there's really no perfect candidates (the few are almost alll already in BG).

an important part of our recruiting process is that we bring recruits to events. if that's unacceptable to you and you want to call it unethical/lame/team up, so be it. people will disagree with you, and we're not going to stop doing it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

"this is just a game" is an incredibly immature and lame scapegoat phrase people try to use as a cure-all to get people to shut up when they dont want to discuss something. it's terribly inaccurate and the people who say it should know that they're wrong.
    100 percent true. But some people still take it to the lvl where they burst a blood vessel and get pissed off in real life. Hopefully no one does that over this and or past/future drama. I just dont want to see anyone get hurt in real life.

"Gonna find my baby gonna hold her tight, gonna grab some afternoon delight."

Quote Originally Posted by ciechi
    100 percent true. But some people still take it to the lvl where they burst a blood vessel and get pissed off in real life. Hopefully no one does that over this and or past/future drama. I just dont want to see anyone get hurt in real life.

"Gonna find my baby gonna hold her tight, gonna grab some afternoon delight."
    ppl popping veins over this are the posters against apparently, for those involved and those outside we don't have a care hahaha

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

But...it really is just a game. Unless you're Watuck and getting paid for playing, then you probably shouldn't be taking it too seriously.

Yeah people should abide by the rules and it sucks when people don't, but it really is just a game. Don't believe me? Go to work and tell your boss you have a couple lvl 75 characters and see how much he cares.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1 thing i learned from this topic...You cant ever have any friends.....

i think you're all missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryany
    “It’s just a game”

While this quote is true, people seem to think they can use it to justify any action done in the game.

During our next wiffleball run I’ll start casting diaga on the statues right as the black mages are sleeping them. After all, this is just a game and I want to have some fun. Beastmaster AF will surely drop by that one lake like it always does, but once we get a drop people could actually use, I’ll go ahead and lot on it even though it is not for whm and there are tier1 people that have waited months to lot. When they complain about me out-lotting them, I’ll just explain to them that they are taking this game too seriously.

I’ll go AFK for 30 minutes without notice and then come back only to find re-pops along the way. I’ll be sure to train everything along with me back to the group since big trains always seem to end up in some of the funniest in-game moments. Once the tanks take the aggro off me, I’ll alt-tab to avoid the imminent wipe. I’ll come back to see everyone dead, but me still alive. I’ll take lots of fraps screenshots to get a good laugh out of this thing that is just a game. Around this time, I’ll probably aggro something on accident while trying to get in position for a screenshot. I’ll be sure run in the opposite direction that they came from. Other white mages will likely be reraising at this time. My train will be going back to them by now and make them wipe again. I can take this time to get more screenshots in while the other white mages taking this game too seriously are handing out raises.

Around this time a Lawango Jadewanga or whatever will drop and the chat window will be filled with “100 nice” “nice…100”. I’ll out-lot Berticus for it because 100 currency is just too fun of an opportunity to turn down in this mere game.

We will be pushed for time on the way to the NM lake, but I’ll be sure to enjoy this experience that is just a game by fishing while everyone else fights the NMs. By this time, I’ll remember that my club is not quite capped yet and go meleeing the orc beastmaster NM. When I get charmed, I’ll have the fun this game intended by killing off other members since this is just a game.

I’ll be sure to run right up to Angra-Mangru before the kiters are ready to get some good fraps shots of the dragons. This will put us in a big hole early, but we are having fun with this thing that is just a game. I won’t have reraise on because casting that is extra effort in this thing that is just a game. It will be a close battle that could go either way. I’ll finally get a raise3 so I can go back in action healing and use my benediction. But, doing so might risk me dying a few more times and 5 minutes of xp is too much to risk losing for something that is just a game. Therefore, I’ll not accept the raise and put the rest of the people in more danger of not beating the boss.

All of you will be thanking me for making this thing that is just a game so exciting.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If your life is really hinging on that piece of BST AF2 or 100 currency, you seriously need to set your priorities straight. I'm not going to give myself a migrane crying cause someone cured someone else outside their alliance, because chances are that a couple years from now I'm probably not going to still be playing. Then that imaginary item that I never got won't really matter now will it?

Yeah, I realize that this is a board dedicated to the game and that when people screw you over somehow you want to vent to other players and that's fine, I'm not here to stop you. But what IS terribly inaccurate and incredibly immature is pretending this is anything more than a game.

That said, people shouldn't have free reign to ruin other peoples fun and it's not right to do, but it happens, get over it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast