Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Closer & closer to beaucedine~~~~

As many of you know, I run a all mage dynamis LS (BLM RDM SMN BRD with a few THF), so it's not the conventional setup.

Hmmm my little LS is going quite allright so far. If windurst on friday night goes well, next week most of my LS will have Beac acess. Obviously a few of them are gonna have some cities missing, which means our first Beauc run will probably be a farming session, till I get everyone acess to the other cities.

I've done beauc before, i'd say it's equivelant difficulty to windy, but what Im worried about is the boss battle :S When I did it with my old dynamis shell, they got a thf to kite the dragons all the way back to the zone, but I never really got to witness much of it (had to hide in the corner & wait for them to pull Angra back).

Is this the 1 & only way to keep the dragons busy? Im curious to anyone who's fought the dragons, are they Sleepable/Gravity'able/Bindable? Do you guys think i'd be better off killing the dragons with the boss in 1 go with -aga3 spells? All the dynamis runs i've pretty much known exactly what to do, this one leaves me baffled though > < .

Any information on the dragons will be helpful, like how much magic damage do they take (high / low resist?) / how fast Angra resummons, Does their name represent their weaknes (eg Air Pukis weak to ice ?), etc. Because I really doubt taking a thf to train them back to start will give us enough time to kill the boss, especially when he puts up magic shield The more info I can get, the more it'll help me try & build a strategy to clear this place.

The only info I know about them from when I fought the dragons long long ago was, they do stomp & it really really hurts. And they run really really fast too >_>

Any info will be helpful, it'll be a month probably before we have a serious Beauc attempt, but I'd rather have the information from now. Thanks in advance

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

PM'd

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Seii
    PM'd
    why not just post it? Might teach some people on these boards a thing or two (namely me)

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Thanks for PM

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Quote Originally Posted by Seii
    PM'd
    why not just post it? Might teach some people on these boards a thing or two (namely me)
    You don't post shit like that on a board.

No.

Demosthenes11

why?
    heaven forbid more people get farther into the game

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

why?
    Heaven forbid people have to work things out for themselves

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Wahoo, all 4 cities defeated on first try :D Including windy. We had problems with repops at the end, running from Heavans tower > Auction house. With 1.5mins left on the clock, 10 weakened BLM had to kill it with manafont.

But now i'd say 50% of the LS has beauc clear. The other half some couldnt make it to some runs, and since we only go once a week, might be a month before we actually enter Dynamis-Beauc > <

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I had the 'pleasure' of fighting Mainyu on my blm last week....oh god, it sucked.

Thunder4 for like 37 dmg, peaked at like 270. ;;

icarus nightmare scythe

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    why?
    While I understand Russta's comment, what I also find funny is how people keep Dynamis secrets... That's like keeping a secret that's absolutely useless. I completely understand keeping battle secrets for Fafhogg, KB, Aspido, King Scorp, Jorm, Tiamat, and Vrtra, but not for Dynamis or any sky god. They're popped. There is NO competition. It's just plain silly. If you were to ask me about any of them, I'd tell you what/how we did it. But all I see of this is cocky-ness. "We're better because we know how."

Try sharing a secret or two and make a friend, not an enemy.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    why?
    While I understand Russta's comment, what I also find funny is how people keep Dynamis secrets... That's like keeping a secret that's absolutely useless. I completely understand keeping battle secrets for Fafhogg, KB, Aspido, King Scorp, Jorm, Tiamat, and Vrtra, but not for Dynamis or any sky god. They're popped. There is NO competition. It's just plain silly. If you were to ask me about any of them, I'd tell you what/how we did it. But all I see of this is cocky-ness. "We're better because we know how."

I know the secret to getting the drop off Bubbly Bernie

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well one thing I wanted to mention about the Beaucedine boss is he'll call the dragons back once he's getting attacked, so you'll want someone to train them far away (THF or PLD if someone has that job to spare. Will most likely need to use 2hr. If the PLD has Crimson legs, bonus. THF flee and strider boots is bonus again.) After this person either dies or gets to the zone (The farthest point away), you'll engage. Another recommendation is have a SMN. The pets will lead you to where the boss teleports to. This will save you precious seconds while killing him so as to not have the dragons back on top. Last, but not least, you'll probably need another PLD or NIN or THF to kite Angry Mangina ( ) while the dragons are being pulled away. (Have the dragon kiter go first then pull boss from the train.)

I've heard speculations as to keeping the hate off from dragons, but I haven't seen anything confirmed.
    After initial pull, the rest of the people must do nothing. Magic, resting, moving.. (Basically hate generating things) Then after boss dies, you'll check ??? then charge back to top of the hill and wait there until dragons pass. (This meaning, only the kiter and the dragon kiter will go down. The rest will wait at the top of the ramp as far from it). As I said, I can't personally confirm this.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Because items you get from popped / pseudo-instanced encounters don't help you on competitive encounters.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet

Because items you get from popped / pseudo-instanced encounters don't help you on competitive encounters.
    They're a whole 2 hour pop at best, not 24 hours with a once a week HQ pop.. And besides, a lot of LS have sky almost complete.. They're only up there farming the last few osodes or other pieces of abjurations that new members need.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

They're a whole 2 hour pop at best, not 24 hours with a once a week HQ pop.. And besides, a lot of LS have sky almost complete.. They're only up there farming the last few osodes or other pieces of abjurations that new members need.
    3Kings are 24 hour pops with a once a week HQ... even though they're at a laughable difficulty, items that people get from other, lesser encounters still influence their ability to handle these encounters.

Not to mention that people who can't figure out how to overcome encounters on their own don't deserve to be able to beat them in the first place. Survival of the fittest. Hell even if they go out and watch someone do it (even though I'd prefer more endgame encounters be in private, hard to access areas) and figure it out for themselves, it's more respectable than asking someone else how to do it.

Let's pretend Bomb Queen is as "important" an encounter as Tiamat for a second. It's a popped NM and involves no competition for the ability to kill it (beyond perhaps two groups wanting to pop it at the same time). If "WeSuckAss" LS can't beat Bomb Queen on their own because they can't figure it out on their own, why should they be allowed to get a Bomb Queen Ring (which is a respectable item) in the first place? But of course not, all they have to do is go on some forum and ask "Hey we can't kill BQ, how do you guyz do it?" and someone will respond "Oh, well BQ does A, so make sure that Job X does B. Then have Job Y align themselves in the direction of the planets and use Ability C while Jobs Z, Ω, and α do D. Gratz on your BQ Rings!!!!!!1"

But what happens is now you have group X, who shouldn't be able to kill BQ (and probably still won't be able to for a while anyways because chances are if they can't figure out a strategy on their own, they lack a lot of skill to begin with) being able to kill BQ a lot faster than they would've on their own, and while they've killed the same NM as some other LS that did it on their own, it's not like they would deserve much credit for it.

Think of it what you will, but there *aren't* a lot of dynamis LSes who are "almost complete" with it, and in fact there are probably very few dynamis LSes who can't improve in dynamis. Dynamis loot is good. Good enough to be useful for competitive encounters. If LSes can't figure out how to beat dynamis encounters without needing a step by step guide, they don't deserve to beat the encounter period.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think I just retook my Diff Eq final reading Quicklet's post. '.'

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    3Kings are 24 hour pops with a once a week HQ... even though they're at a laughable difficulty, items that people get from other, lesser encounters still influence their ability to handle these encounters.

Not to mention that people who can't figure out how to overcome encounters on their own don't deserve to be able to beat them in the first place. Survival of the fittest. Hell even if they go out and watch someone do it (even though I'd prefer more endgame encounters be in private, hard to access areas) and figure it out for themselves, it's more respectable than asking someone else how to do it.

Let's pretend Bomb Queen is as "important" an encounter as Tiamat for a second. It's a popped NM and involves no competition for the ability to kill it (beyond perhaps two groups wanting to pop it at the same time). If "WeSuckAss" LS can't beat Bomb Queen on their own because they can't figure it out on their own, why should they be allowed to get a Bomb Queen Ring (which is a respectable item) in the first place? But of course not, all they have to do is go on some forum and ask "Hey we can't kill BQ, how do you guyz do it?" and someone will respond "Oh, well BQ does A, so make sure that Job X does B. Then have Job Y align themselves in the direction of the planets and use Ability C while Jobs Z, Ω, and α do D. Gratz on your BQ Rings!!!!!!1"

But what happens is now you have group X, who shouldn't be able to kill BQ (and probably still won't be able to for a while anyways because chances are if they can't figure out a strategy on their own, they lack a lot of skill to begin with) being able to kill BQ a lot faster than they would've on their own, and while they've killed the same NM as some other LS that did it on their own, it's not like they would deserve much credit for it.

Think of it what you will, but there *aren't* a lot of dynamis LSes who are "almost complete" with it, and in fact there are probably very few dynamis LSes who can't improve in dynamis. Dynamis loot is good. Good enough to be useful for competitive encounters. If LSes can't figure out how to beat dynamis encounters without needing a step by step guide, they don't deserve to beat the encounter period.
    I understand that, however what I am saying is that the other players are just trying to advance. The reason I am stating I don't mind hording secrets for the kings is they're much harder to get. Popped NMs are silly. Even if you tell people how to do things, they'll still probably die a time or two before they figure out they doing something wrong. They still have to learn to Stun XXX or to move away when mob does YYY.

Demosthenes11

experience cannot be taught. This is why I feel sharing tactics is ok

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

experience cannot be taught. This is why I feel sharing tactics is ok
    What I've been trying to say.. Just phrased better.