Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

FFXI Related question for Russta and other Rare/EX Junkies!

Seeing as how this particular question may benefit many people and asking thru PM would be less usefull I figured I'd post here.

Russta, you've got multiple jobs to 75 and on top of that countless amounts of Rare/Ex items for all of those jobs. Here's my question:

How do you manage inventory space with all those Rare/Ex /and/ tradeable items? Please advise on this if you can.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Russta is a JP GM, he has 100 backpack space and 200 Mog Safe.

I know it's for Russta, and he'll reply (because he always does), but seeing as a bunch of us are in the same boat here (you, me, zigma, monkey, russta, etc), we've all got ways too.

I finally went out and got a second account now, and I have multiple characters on it. For each job I'm leveling, I'm making a seperate character. Now, this might not be the least expensive way to go, but for the ease of being able to move my inventory around and not have major headaches, it's worth the extra money (seeing as I switch from BLM <-> BRD all day long).

The Rare/EX issue is a tricky one, though. Since for most jobs you're probably going to want to use a piece of AF or two out of a set, but want to keep the whole set lying around and not throw it away, ticketing isn't going to work. That's where Storage comes into play. Buy yourself a couple high storage capacity pieces, and chuck them in your Mog (unfortunately, this doesn't always work too well with synth bonuses). Throw the unwanted/level-capped EX equip in there, and if for some reason you do need to use it, it's a quick trip back to home and fetch the stuff.

I'm at our college's library at the moment, I'll edit&finish this when I get back up.

I think everyone should post what they do in this thread. Maybe we can learn from each other, as I'm having a few problems right now with my stuff anyway.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have about 35 Storage spaces from Furnishings, but the Furnishings themselves take up about 16 Mog House spaces. All my AF1 sets are stored with NPC and I take them out whenever I need to use particular job. Storage itself is filled with Rare/Ex weapons and armor pieces. That's not counting Coffer Keys, Rare/Ex quest/mission items (I'm a quest whore if there ever was one), Beastman/Kindred Seals (multiple stacks), AF2 pieces and tradeable items for my RDM (which I always keep on my main char because that's my main job 99% of the time), Various foods and meds. On top of that while all that is stored in Mog House my carry-on inventory is packed with my BST/WAR items and 4 mules filled with other tradeable items for other jobs low and high level alike.

Main concern for me is storage. How can I expend it without losing actual Mog House space it takes to put Furnishing in and at the same time not totaly fuck up Elemental properties when I do Smithing.

P.S. I got 2 Mannequins that give 14 Light Element in total, yet my Moogle says I have faint Fire energy.

I actually use the AF storage quite liberally. I probably pay 10-20k gil a week to that guy getting my equipment back when I need it. However, that doesn't cover AFv2/Abjuration/etc, so at the moment I've got 35 places in storage. I'm planning on doing the mannequin quest soon and I'll probably buy 4-5 mannequins to replace my cabinets.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I've got one main job, one character, no mules, I craft, and yet I still seem to have enough space...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You don't qualify to post in this thread. This is for people with /multiple/ jobs to 75.

Mannequin mogenhancement is actually pretty weak. I have all 8 + Adv certificate (light element) and they are beaten by my 4 armoires for fishing enhancement (nothing else in mog gives fishing either).

You could probably manage fire enhancement with all mannequins without having more furniture than needed for 80 slots.

AF and RSE storage is your friend, its true you never need all the pieces but the NPCs are pretty much all over the place so you can just swap the full set any time you need that job. I use the storage NPCs in NSan and Tav like 10 times a day, I only have 4 AF sets and RSE stored but that's still only 5 inv spots actually used at any time instead of 24 (or 20 if I muled RSE, but fetching it off the NPC beats muling any time).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hope in the future they'll implement Uncursed Armor and AF2 storage NPC.

I'm still waiting on Russta to reply. >_>;;

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I used multiple Armoires until Mannequins came out and then I bought 7 Mannequins. The trick is to use the items that give the most storage-per-item, that way you only use 1 slot in your "Mog Safe" for 8 slots of storage, and storage caps at 80.

Until I got my Gilt Tapestry (cloth furniture) I had 80storage/80mog/60gobbiebag and they were 90% full all the time. Since then I simply HAD to move shit off to mules. Now with the cloth furniture I can only have about 25 storage slots, so I had to just toss alot of ra/ex stuff. At first it hurts but I'm actually very happy I did it. I am still cramped for space but using the AF storage people liberally is helping alot. My mog seems alot less "cramped" and it forced me to organize my mules too (I have 10 just for the 70 AH slots to sell stuff)

I'm a total ra/ex whore and that was a hard habit to break, but at some point you may have to.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    I'm still waiting on Russta to reply. >_>;;
    Sorry for posting here bro but ppl on these forums still dont get it.

The thread name is "FFXI Related question for Russta" and they still reply as you were asking them I know how annoying it is.

I will have 2 jobs 75 soon but i need to log on

I will be back to FFXI when i feel like it atm end-game sux alot for me and i took a break and passed my character to one of my RL which he apperantly joined with Gil-Sellers or gave it to 'em idk the whole story yet i need to return to UAE so i can know what truely happened.

Hirro smells but I heard his sister is hot!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nah I know it was prolly a fault on my part to name it "to Russta", alot of people aside from him have multiple jobs to 75, but loking at his LJ and seeing countless Rare/Ex items he obtains raised a question in my mind as t how he deals with all of that. Really curious and want to learn more about item management.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dethsbane
    Your mom's hawt also. Best shag evah! 8)

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If you're going to be a dick about others answering why not make a Private Message to Russta?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Who's being a dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethsbane
    Your mom's hawt also. Best shag evah! 8)
    Lol You can have my moms, I'll stick to shagging your sister. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    If you're going to be a dick about others answering why not make a Private Message to Russta?
    Nah I know it was prolly a fault on my part to name it "to Russta", alot of people aside from him have multiple jobs to 75, but loking at his LJ and seeing countless Rare/Ex items he obtains raised a question in my mind as t how he deals with all of that. Really curious and want to learn more about item management.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Heh, I don't even have any mog safe enchancements at all and I'm 75 NIN 75 PLD. Ninja tools alone take up like 15~ or so spaces and lots of different food and other items, and I tossed my PLD AF head which I think I'm going to go reobtain so I can store it since I don't use PLD as much as NIN, but I can't store my NIN AF because +25% movement speed is really nice, and 10 evasion at night for soloing.

Actually...I might start the mog safe enchancements now...don't have room for a third job if I wanted to start it.

I went to level 75 with 40 inventory 50 mog -_- Finally got to 60 inventory 3 or 4 monthes ago but still have 50 mog hehe. I tryed to do that quest but the fucking moogle wouldn't give me the quest...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast