+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Canton originally, Football Hall of Fame was built about 5 min from my house.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally, another Pac-10 person. Have you ever been to Reser Stadium? I've been there 3 times and they seem to be doing some nice expansions on it. Corvallis though...
    Well, I own season tickets. I also work at Reser Stadium as the Project Engineer for the Masonry Contractor that's doing the $4.5 million work of brick, CMU & Precast. So I've spent most of the last year at Reser Stadium. It's going to be damn nice, especially the parts that I will never be able to afford (but can get paid to wander around in now. 8)

Say, are the Beaver's going to have a ground game this year?
    Well, it should be better than last year. But considering OSU was dead last out of 117 teams in rushing, that's not saying much. And considering we're going to be minus Derek Anderson's powerful (albeit inaccurate) arm and minus several key defensive players, I'd be doggone happy with another bowl game. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see us battling the Huskies (sorry) and maybe Stanford to stay out of the basement.

I actually spend a lot of time in North Bend, WA, in our company's home office, and am hoping to talk our Estimator (a Husky grad) into taking me to the game up here in exchange for a return next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see us battling the Huskies (sorry) and maybe Stanford to stay out of the basement.
    Yeah, at least all three teams get to play each other, so they all have a chance at their own destiny... Oh, and Arizona should have another good basketball team this year. :wink:

I actually spend a lot of time in North Bend, WA, in our company's home office, and am hoping to talk our Estimator (a Husky grad) into taking me to the game up here in exchange for a return next year.
    Maybe I'll see you. My family has season tickets and we're also going to see Air Force and Arizona this year. (Not going down to U of Oregon... that place sucks.)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Go Huskies :D

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not going down to U of Oregon... that place sucks
    Understatement of the Year. One good thing about the expansion is it makes Autzen Stadium look rustic compared to Reser now. Even though it holds more people, it looks like ass. Plus, the yellow uniforms.... /shudder

VT > ACC

'nuff said.

I'll see someone's team at the championship game this year.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

LSU ftw!!

Quote Originally Posted by obnoticus
    Sign of the beast! I bet Bush listens to metal while deciding which country to destroy next.
    Just what we need!

Ok, so, September 1st there are a few games. Only one on TV where I am is Oregon at Houston. But is anyone else going to see some other games Sept. 1st?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only one on TV where I am is Oregon at Houston
    Go Houston! Cougars, right? :wink:

Only one on TV where I am is Oregon at Houston
    Go Houston! Cougars, right? :wink:
    Cougars is right, and I go to school there and I have no school spirit and our team sucks. It's funny, I was in class the other day and the prof asked who is a cougars fan, and no one out of about 32 people or so raised their hand, pretty funny.

Houston had some good college basketball teams in the '60s and I think '70s. But when did you start going there Almaa, this year?

this is my senior year lol, so 4th, so no, not this year

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Houston had some really good basketball teams in the early '80s with Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler. They lost to NC State on that "miracle putback" that you see replays of all the time.

I forget if they actually won a title, but I'm thinking Georgetown was the team that "lost a title game in a huge upset but won the next year."

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Almaa, I hate you for a week.

Almaa did you see the ohio state game? You should have because thats the ass kicking TX is going to get next week.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

WOOT!!! TENNESSEE WON BAHAHA

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PSU spanked South Florida...but who didn't see that coming? XD

I also got a wicked sunburn and a really stupid tanline from wearing my hat the whole time at the game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

half of my face is burnt red from today too

Air Force scored the go ahead touchdown in the final minute. Washington almost won... except mis-tackles, not putting pressure on the quarterback and losing the top two tier CBs really were the reason. I really want to see the stats because Air Force pretty much had the ball the whole fourth quarter.

Anyway, TCU over #7 Oklahoma at Oklahoma... L O L... Also, cudos to Norte Dame, Clemson and Georgia Tech on their upsets.

Can't wait until Monday when Miami plays FSU. Anyone else excited for next week's Texas/OSU game?