+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

College Football Season (2005-2006)

Let's talk college football, talk about upsets, who has the best looking cheerleaders, what games we're going to and to bash other teams about how our team is going to win!

So, who's pumped for this September! We've got Miami @ FSU, Texas @ OSU, Tennessee @ Florida, Iowa @ OSU, and Tenneesse @ LSU!! That's a lotta top ranked teams playing in September this year.

Un/fortunately for me, I'm a Washington Huskies fan (new coach whoo) and I'll pretty much be at every home game (haha) and a few away. Who else here is college football fanatics?

(Thought we could break this off of the other thread)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

09/10 #2 Texas at #6 Ohio State 8:00 PM Should be a classic.

11/19 #6 Ohio State at #4 Michigan 1:00 PM The only game that matters in college football.

sports gtfo

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Husker fan here.

Terrible season last year, but things are looking brighter. Our schedule is embarrasingly easy this year. All big games @ home. Watched their spring pratice, and they really did look good. Callahan is a good coach, hoping with all his new recruits (TONS of juco transfers) we can at least have a respectable season again--not going to hang my hopes any higher than that.

Big games:
    September 17 No. 23 Pittsburgh --First real test here, home game, could set the tone for the rest of the season.
    October 8 No. 21 Texas Tech--Now I live in Lubbock, and anyone who underestimates Tech is going to get beaten, quickly. Cal in the Holliday Bowl anyone? This is for pride more than anything after getting our asses handed to us by them last year.
    October 29 No. 7 Oklahoma--Its OU, nuff said--highly doubt this will be a win, but in rivalries you never know.

Other game I'm really interested in (being from TX) Red River Shootout. I just don't know if Vince Young can do enough damage on the ground to beat OU this year, god knows he won't be doing it through the air. Always a fun game to watch--shouldn't be any different this year.

God I'm pumped to start watching some football.

I can't pick sides until I actually go to college...
    I mean.. if I picked a team, then went to a different Uni in 2 years when I'm supposed to leave here.. I'll look like an idiot

I'm closest to UF/FSU and they are great teams and all... but I'm too much of a chicken-wuss to pick sides

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Iowa is going to kick your ass again. Goooooo Iowa!!!!

EDIT: Drew Tate is my man!

http://scothawk.com/flvswfpublish/20...ghts/dolph.swf

Owned.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Boring~est thing i've ever seen carb >.>

And chum, for the love of god, the Gators ftw

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

AU ftw

Aurburn University.

They will get to the SEC finals and blow it as usual. Then there is the Iron Bowl with thier rival UA. University of Alabama. Which is all ways an intresting game to watch.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

TENNESSEE FTW. Wez gonna winz dis year. And the cheerleaders are blond and dumb as ever <3

Tennessee > Florida
    Tennessee > Alabama
    Tennessee > South Carolina

If those 3 wins happen this year I will be a happy Vols fan. A national title would be nice but not going to ask for too much

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Marzik
    Husker fan here.

Terrible season last year, but things are looking brighter. Our schedule is embarrasingly easy this year. All big games @ home. Watched their spring pratice, and they really did look good. Callahan is a good coach, hoping with all his new recruits (TONS of juco transfers) we can at least have a respectable season again--not going to hang my hopes any higher than that.

Big games:
    September 17 No. 23 Pittsburgh --First real test here, home game, could set the tone for the rest of the season.
    October 8 No. 21 Texas Tech--Now I live in Lubbock, and anyone who underestimates Tech is going to get beaten, quickly. Cal in the Holliday Bowl anyone? This is for pride more than anything after getting our asses handed to us by them last year.
    October 29 No. 7 Oklahoma--Its OU, nuff said--highly doubt this will be a win, but in rivalries you never know.

Other game I'm really interested in (being from TX) Red River Shootout. I just don't know if Vince Young can do enough damage on the ground to beat OU this year, god knows he won't be doing it through the air. Always a fun game to watch--shouldn't be any different this year.

God I'm pumped to start watching some football.
    !!

Huskers for life 8)

For sure - NO TEAM can sleep on TTU, you will lose. Are you from NE or just a fan? I live in Lincoln.

I, too, can't wait for football to start

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

My dad's alma matter, so I've pretty much been a fan for life. Lived in Lincoln for a few years when I was younger though, while he was still in school.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Woah, another Nebraska player! Pretty exciting, didn't know that there were others out there! I'm from Omaha, and used to be a die hard college sports fan until this game came out...now I don't seem to have the same intensity

Still rooting for the Bugeaters though! Err, Cornhuskers

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Go Oregon State Beavers!

Seriously, how can you not root for a team with the nickname "Beavers?"

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Sign of the beast! I bet Bush listens to metal while deciding which country to destroy next.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Go Oregon State Beavers!
    Finally, another Pac-10 person. Have you ever been to Reser Stadium? I've been there 3 times and they seem to be doing some nice expansions on it. Corvallis though...

Say, are the Beaver's going to have a ground game this year?

Buckeye Fan here ......... Hate Michigan with a passion. I never had an issue with the rivalry until Desmond Howard struck the heisman pose in our endzone. Ever since then my brother is alone on the day of the big game because no family members talk to him.

Almaa TX = high school burnout, always able to score on the ugly chicks, but could never make it to the big game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

where are you from endo?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast