Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I have a question to other HNM shells

How many japanese do your ls have? and when do they play usually?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

The LS I was in had one japanese player called Neer. And he was an incredibly impressive monk who had no qualms or bitterness about NA-JP relationships. He had no linkshell when we invited him at Lv68ish (sometime when our linkshell ninja was EXPing in Bibiki Bay).

He would log in around 4-6pm PST (that would be about 9-11am JST I believe) and would play during our kirin-sky runs. So that runs about 2-5 hours depending on how many pop items we get. It was cool talking to him, despite my stupid looking romanji.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

my LS dont have any.
    We have 3 people who speak japanese, but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaris
    It was cool talking to him, despite my stupid looking romanji.
    Japanese Input IME, {Do you need it?}
    http://ffxi.archbell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1280

and the soon to come new windower

http://ffxi.archbell.com/windowerpreview.png

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

In PO we usually have at any given time about 1 or 2 JP players in the LS that kinda seem to come and go since none of them ever check our forum. Most of them are pretty cool. One of them (Lashel ) was hilarious and would shout peoples names when they died but we haven't seen him for months.

We've got two that are currently active now, Dannte and Spirytus. They both came from a JP HNMLS when the shell reformed under new leadership. Dannte is on a lot and will usually stay on until 9 or 10 PM EST for most events, sometimes later. Spirytus plays during the day I guess when I'm at work since I don't see him on as much. Spirytus comes on our Ventrillo some times, understands English pretty well, and sometimes even talks to us over Vent in Engrish.

Both are pretty cool and fun to have in the shell but neither of them really check the forums AFAIK so we can't really count on them to show up to planned events and such but they usually come to anything that we have going on when they're online.

We also have 3 Hong Kong players but they haven't been on much in the last couple of months.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

my LS has 3 main JP players who are pretty hardcore and one who longs on once a week or so sometimes. of the 3, 2 have 3+Jobs at 75, one has 2 characters with 3 75s 68, an alt char he started that has 75blm 60rdm. 2 have 100crafts, one has 100gold and wood =(. musta been nice to have the game that much longer, yet i dont see them on that much. they play late after ive gone to bed, and in the morning they are just about wrapping it up for the night

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

0 JPs. I know one of our member is half JP, but don't think he can speak fluently. I think our shell will kill the 3 CoP wyrms before we even claim one of the 3 HQ kings lol...

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

1 - He's like the coolest guy in the LS too, completely pimped 75THF,DRK,WAR. He's very fluent in English and plays during typical NA times for the most part. He essentially didn't miss a Argus spawn for around 2 years, probably got 100-150 drops.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm in an all HK LS, there are 0 JPs and only 4 Americans. Most of them live in Canada so they're on the usual NA times, and they stay up waaay too late doing events sometimes ><

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    I'm in an all HK LS, there are 0 JPs and only 4 Americans. Most of them live in Canada so they're on the usual NA times, and they stay up waaay too late doing events sometimes ><
    How how did that happen? HK ls, Unique (exluding gilseller ls's^^)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

All the gilsellers on our server are from China or Taiwan, not HK =P

They all became friends due to the fact that they're all HK, I met a few during my leveling and stuff on my jobs and kinda knew them. One of the guys was a really good friend of mine when I made my LS, so after that ended, they all decided to make an LS together. They let me and my girlfriend in because we're cool people, good players, and old friends =P

Kinda hard to understand all the Cantonese though >< But we're learning a new language oddly enough.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

We have one JP member, he's on at mostly random times but plays alot and speaks English rather well. Our server also has a large TW population that plays seriously (not gilsellers) and one of our Members is TW and usually plays from 6-7pm-11-12 EST. Most of our members are US and Canada although one of our members goes to school in Egypt but she hasn't played much lately. We used to have a JP monk in our LS but he quit because of time restraints. I used to be in a JP HNMLS before my current one and it was rather straining to have sky at 9am in the morning, so it didn't really work out for me.

JP: 10
    Arab: 12+
    EU: 5+
    NA: 15+

Events are 00:00 JP time

yeah, United Nation

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Current HNMLS: 1 JP, 2 HK.

Previous HNMLS: ~6 JP, 1 HK.

Play times differ.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

3 JP

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

RE

0 JP, maybe 2 that can speak it somewhat

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

dont forget our 1 dutch bani!

0 for Outspoken.

We have 1 that had a pearl that would stop in and out, but only I think ever went to Divine Might with us.

We had one other one that was with the LS for a short time, but has since quit.

Re: I have a question to other HNM shells

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardtheblack
    How many japanese do your ls have? and when do they play usually?
    0. Well, 1 person is Japanese but born and raised in USA so... We have 1 thai who was a looooong time friend of mine from around november '03 but she is rarely on :*(. Other than that, all NA, 1 from Denmark and 1 Aussie

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

3 Japanese players, 1 comes on very rarely, but the other 2 are kind of hardcore and they make it to a large number of our events which are scheduled in Eastern time normally.