Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

give me a good reason why Saber Siravarde has a 28 Craft Level, 51 Equip Level, 63 Cap.
    I'll give you two reasons:
    http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/3661/carrie4tq.jpg

How can you say no to that?!?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    The HQ rate on Carrie is not that great. ^^b
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/3006

Lv37 craft using 4 bastore sardines and a water crystal. Sardines are like 50gil from guild NPC's, and I think they're hella cheap off AH too. I fail to see how you cant get a good HQ rate on a lv37 craft if you have cooking leveled.

Another recipe: Lv45 cooking using a Gugru Tuna and a water crystal. Tuna is like 700g from guild NPC's, and still shouldnt be tough to HQ with cooking leveled.

Black Belt
    BG Level

what does needles have anything to do with why the 51 equip jug has a lower level cap than the 23 equip jug?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I fail to see how you can't get a good HQ rate on a lv37 craft if you have cooking leveled.
    You'd be surprised. In my case I have Fire element enhancement in my Mog House for Smithing purposes so you can see the problem with me hitting HQ as frequently as someone else might.

And in all seriousness there's alot more jug pets that cap at lower levels than just Saber. Perhaps you're right, the cap and level to use difference is a big gap and needs to be adjusted, but this all sounds like every other job was whining about RNGs outdmging /other/ melee jobs on higher level mobs and look what happened.

You're forgetting one thing. A beastmaster is a solo job, with occasional team up with other BSTs, hence the pets /must/ be stronger in all aspects otherwise it would defeat the purpose of the job and in some instances where there aren't any pets to be charmed a jug has to compensate.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    what does needles have anything to do with why the 51 equip jug has a lower level cap than the 23 equip jug?
    Lame joke, forget about it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe they need to add in some new jug pets that cap at 75 made with higher levels of cooking that have crazy HQ versions. Could you imagine a Torama jug?

Mmmmm... Kraken jug.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Couerl jug pet would definatly kick ass. Blaster and Chaotic Eye (imagine this silencing Kirin ), but seriously, why does Carrie have those cool jars attached to it's back and other pets don't have anything?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Imagine a melee using lv 23 weapons/armor at 75 that cost him 5k and outdmging a fully equipped abj/god melee.
    moral of the story: melees are useless

Imagine a melee using lv 23 weapons/armor at 75 that cost him 5k and outdmging a fully equipped abj/god melee.

Imagine a lvl 23 blm spell out damaging a melee in full god armor.

Oh wait that happens all the time.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    moral of the story: melees are useless
    Moral of the story: People who suck at their job switch to Bards or other easier to level jobs to compensate for their lack of usefullness.

BST deserves to be good end game. This shit takes a lot of effort to level.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've heard a lot of stats on Carrie capping at 72. It seems to be roughly the same as a DC pet when I send it at stuff. I'm not positive and will have to re-confirm it, but I believe level 5 petrify had no effect on my carrie before proving that it is not a multiple of 5. I'll probably have to fight some high level ahriman to confirm it, but I'm 90% sure.

I would also say that bst is definitely not overpowered in the end game. I'd say a lot of uses for it in the end-end game just sort of balance it out for all the things it is moderately useless for in the end-game. They made beast near-useless in sea. It would have been nice if they could have at least given one enemy to charm.

I came on bst once for kirin and it was a very laid back and easy job to just sit back and watch my carrie/amigo pound on kirin. However, I don't think my pets came close to doing the kind of damage a well-equipped elemental magic skill geared black mage could do on kirin, therefore I always come on blm. You have your amigo doing 1000 needles, but it will almost always pull hate right away after that and die.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh look, a dark knight using souleater.

what happens after their buff which directly drains HP into damage ?? They become useless.

btw: doesnt AF1 head make souleater take like 15% of your current HP into damage ??

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh look a disgruntled THF.

Black Belt
    BG Level

what happens after their buff which directly drains HP into damage ?? They become useless.

btw: doesnt AF1 head make souleater take like 15% of your current HP into damage ??
    more Soul Eater action?

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6...oonjorm8ve.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Wooo that's my LS. And 18 bsts vs Vrtra wouldn't work because Vrtra's hate is linked also to it's summons so the blms would just get raped. Vrtra's rather easy anyways if you have the right strategy and numbers, kite it around, beat it up in the corner and that's about it .

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil

more Soul Eater action?

*enter pic of 1.17 SA Gekko*
    oh shit, a useful melee....so you have ONE melee who can deal 1k dmg every 3 min (less with meditate merits). Of course theres always a problem of that melee building too much hate and causing a flail.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Why does it upset you so much that DRK and SAM can do good damage to Tiamat?

Of course theres always a problem of that melee building too much hate and causing a flail.
    Only if your tanks really suck and if you can't think of a very obvious way to lose the hate they've built up.