Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fomor Codex     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hmm. Well we know killing the NM resets your hate right? Say you wanted to 4 pops and had 10 ppl, could you do it in such a way that like you get everyone's hate up to max, then pop the NM and right before it dies, the people who still need to get a belt drop from PT until it's killed? That way their hate shouldn't be affected. If your hate is reset immediately upon popping it, then you could leave them out for the initial pop also. Just bring them in from like 95% - 5% to help with damage and support. This way you wouldn't ahve to spend hours after each kill rebuilding hate.

I tried this actually. On our first kill I popped the NM, t hen dropped party when it was at 10%. When I checked the Draft after I was at heart is racing.

Later I popped it and this time did not drop from the party. I was at goosebumps.

So you still lose hate, just not as much.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yea you definitely get bumped down just for popping. The few times we wiped to taru, the person who popped couldn't pop it again after. edit: heart was racing at the spot.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

hmm a lot of people are saying not to fight the elvaan one. I wanted to know if you _must_ fight the one of your race to get the belt (if you're elvaan)? Or you can just pop anyone of them and you'd get teh belt dropped that you can use b/c i'm elvaan

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Just trade the codex to someone else (preferably hume or mithra, galka may be just as easy too) and have them pop for you. All of em drop belt, so it doesn't matter which race you fight.

The elvaan really isn't that hard, just gotta be careful to get def down off and always haste, and if you're not confident in your NINs, bring 3-4 instead of 2. A SMN to Earthen Ward too would make it easy.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

We did this tonight with the three Codex's we had after Ikari had gone 0/4 on the previous two night's run. First we popped the Hume and it dropped for Ikari after almost wiping 'cause of a Dragoon link (we were saved by a rival HNM LS ironically enough). Our second attempt at the Hume yielded nothing at all so we decided to move onto the Mithra to speed things up a little. After a long ass Fomor massacre we were able to pop the Mithra and low and behold she put out for me. The set up was NIN, RNG, SAM, RDM and BRD - yup, five of us. IMO, the Hume is by far the easiest as our minimal set up almost got destroyed when the Mithra decided to mix up offensive and defensive casts during Chainspell. I also didn't see her use a single Ninjutsu spell though I can't say for sure she doesn‘t as things got a little rough. The Hume is so easy that our NIN, Ikari, even took an Eagle Eye and lived through it. Hell, if nothing else I'd suggest doing the Hume just to see One-inch Punch with a Dagger.

Sorry for bumping a semi-old but informative topic (even though I'm really not).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

like 3/14 tonight most of those with 2 thief so ya this thing sucks nutz ;\

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good info. Thanks to all for contributing. ^-^b

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    We did this tonight with the three Codex's we had after Ikari had gone 0/4 on the previous two night's run. First we popped the Hume and it dropped for Ikari after almost wiping 'cause of a Dragoon link (we were saved by a rival HNM LS ironically enough). Our second attempt at the Hume yielded nothing at all so we decided to move onto the Mithra to speed things up a little. After a long ass Fomor massacre we were able to pop the Mithra and low and behold she put out for me. The set up was NIN, RNG, SAM, RDM and BRD - yup, five of us. IMO, the Hume is by far the easiest as our minimal set up almost got destroyed when the Mithra decided to mix up offensive and defensive casts during Chainspell. I also didn't see her use a single Ninjutsu spell though I can't say for sure she doesn‘t as things got a little rough. The Hume is so easy that our NIN, Ikari, even took an Eagle Eye and lived through it. Hell, if nothing else I'd suggest doing the Hume just to see One-inch Punch with a Dagger.

Sorry for bumping a semi-old but informative topic (even though I'm really not).
    Mithra definitely uses ninjutsu, she cast kurayami on me and did utsusemi once during chainspell Interesting that she mixed it up on you guys once, she kept em strictly offensive or defensive the few times we fought her. Good to know she can though

We had 2 nins going in to all our fights so maybe mithra just seemed easier, so hume might be easier with only 1 tank... though EES can ruin your fun easily, did over 1k every time it hit the hume nin, and only nipped me for 600ish the one time I ate it

Yeah, the drop rate really seems to suck on this thing (2/8 with some TH here and there) but raiding Sacrarium is a good time. When the belts finally dropped after 3 nights of doing this, it was quite nice :x

And yea, hume seemed a lot easier with only one tank, Mithra chainspell with only 1 tank hurt kinda bad (although we had 0 stuns^^;)

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

We did this the other day, you can see it in my emo livejournal.

We did mithra & hume, and hume is way easier than the mithra. And surprise surprise, after a whole day of 10hours farming/building hate/clearing areas/popping & killing NM, we are rewarded with no drop.

Thankyou square enix.

I dont understand why such a low drop rate on codex, then a worse drop rate off NM, but thankyou for helping us sink 10hours & receiving nothing to show for it. Hey it's kinda like sky LS's where you go for months & get nothing, so nothings changed.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Stun helps loads after something like diaga, yeah... our setup was usually nin nin rdm whm then random extra jobs, at least one of rng drk or blm usually (never had more than 7 people though) It seems TH does nothing for drop rate on the belts, and I think we actually had a better rate without a thief (went 4/4 on our first attempts and thought it was 100% drop rate, but that changed quickly ; ; ), but you'll get tons of ingots/cloths building up hate in the meantime so I don't think anyone would complain.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    Stun helps loads after something like diaga, yeah... our setup was usually nin nin rdm whm then random extra jobs, at least one of rng drk or blm usually (never had more than 7 people though) It seems TH does nothing for drop rate on the belts, and I think we actually had a better rate without a thief (went 4/4 on our first attempts and thought it was 100% drop rate, but that changed quickly ; ; ), but you'll get tons of ingots/cloths building up hate in the meantime so I don't think anyone would complain.
    Shall complain alot, theres better ways for me to farm. I'm sorry but averaging 100k an hour is pretty shitty unless your lv50.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fira
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    Shall complain alot, theres better ways for me to farm. I'm sorry but averaging 100k an hour is pretty shitty unless your lv50.
    If you're on merits and your pt is balanced you can walk out of there with 4-5k/hr easy, depending if you camp and wait for repops or whatnot. Add to that the ~24 ingots/cloths we got in 2-3 hours, not to mention pimp belts from the NMs, I still don't see why you would whine.