it doesnt list final fantasy

ok /edit title name :move all chinese gilsellers to FFXI:

Quote Originally Posted by Scunsion
    it doesnt list final fantasy
    "Whether it's Lineage II or World of Warcraft or something else..."

Hooked on Phonics failed for you.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

It's unlikely the same person plays a gilseller character for longer than that anyway. Observe:

Deng Xiaoping logs into: "Lemonbaby" and earns X thousands of gil in 5 hours, then logs out after five hours.

Mao Zedong logs into: "Lemonbaby" from a different IP and repeats.

5 hours later Chiang Kai-Shek does the same thing.

This is just going to make RMT companies buy more computers and more accounts, something they do anyway whenever some desperate nooblet just HAS to have that Vermillion cloak the second they hit 59.

Besides, a lot of RMT companies are actually based in Japan or North America. They just hire the cheapest labor available (China). If Chinese gilsellers are out, get ready for Taiwanese, Singaporean or Indian gilsellers to come marching in.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    It's unlikely the same person plays a gilseller character for longer than that anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by From that website
    You receive a warning and then your character essentially has a governor slapped on it and you become severely limited in what that character can do.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.asp?aid=4913

Here's a better written article with fewer ads crapping up the space.

Seems like the'd require access to server data to determine how long a character's been online, and to be able to level limit ones in violation. Is this really implementable?

i just want to be able to kill amamet.... why god.. why..

Since when did Singapore have Gilsellers? o.O

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They don't. I'm just hypothesizing countries where there's an abundance of young, inexpensive labor with fast internet connections.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

It doesn't list FFXI as one of those MMORPGs that's going to implement the new protocol...on both the articles I read. This looks more like something being done for the general population and not really targeting the real money traders over there.

Besides this system must be installed, and being operated largely underground, I expect gilseller groups to just look this over their shoulders and continue camping their 2 million kotes every waking moment as they always have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaris
    It doesn't list FFXI as one of those MMORPGs that's going to implement the new protocol...on both the articles I read. This looks more like something being done for the general population and not really targeting the real money traders over there.

Besides this system must be installed, and being operated largely underground, I expect gilseller groups to just look this over their shoulders and continue camping their 2 million kotes every waking moment as they always have.
    FFXI is not listed because FFXI has never offically launched in China.

So is this a software thing? If it "cuts the player's level in half," that means it must be software or server side oriented.

If so, that means you can just buy imported versions of the game that aren't officially for China. Also FFXI servers are in Japan so that won't be a problem either.

Just some guesses...

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    i just want to be able to kill amamet.... why god.. why..
    omg dude but u complain about shit more then my ex-girlfriend...........