+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Limit chain #303     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Chain #303, and i thought chain 200 was special with low hp like that couldnt smn's do the do the same?
    Either way brd ftw! theirs no pt that doesn't need one
    Well since they are elementals, I'd assume the Lv70 BPs would do very poorly? So... that would leave SMNs using Avatar Tier IVs and I'm not sure how much damage those would do especially without the avatar having TP and also not sure about resist rates on them. It might be worth a try I suppose, but it doesn't seem likely that it'd work.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    brd blm blm blm could do better?
    No. The chain could go on forever in the current configuration. It's simply a matter of not making any mistakes and not getting tired. You don't need a 3rd BLM since 2 can kill each mob just fine. A RDM has better defenses and can keep the Aern asleep easier with higher enfeebling skill while providing another source of refresh.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    i've actually done this same pt (BLM BLM RDM BRD) maybe a couple months ago, and exp per hour (in my experience) was closer to 8.5/9k per hour.
    The last time I did this, it parsed as 10,755xp/hr when we stopped.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That sounds about right, because we normally dont chain the entire time, and took short breaks for w/e (drinks, wc, etc) and just rested full. theres a lot more effort involved for that last 1-2k exp/hr that doesnt really seem worth it to me though, at least after the novelty of a high chain wears off.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Chain #303, and i thought chain 200 was special with low hp like that couldnt smn's do the do the same?
    Eh, not really. By the time a Summoner has reacted to it the Black Mages have already killed it and if you don't have Black Mages you don't have a party. No stun will destroy chain from the damage taken by reactive spells, Dark Elementals Sleepga can ruin chain plus you need actual Sleep because everything is 100% resistent to light.
    Ohh i understand now this is what SE was talking about when they said they where nerfing blm..... give them chain #1000, max them on all merits in a week and in the end they will explode?

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    so let me ask...how do you plan to nerf blm's in the way that it will prevent this from happening ??
    elementals and pets give 0 XP and don't count in XP chains?
    Or just make elementals and pets DC instead of EM and low toughs.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mademine
    Or just make elementals and pets DC instead of EM and low toughs.
    than people can still chain, and if it's DC to somebody it's got to be EM to somebody else. the point is to make it so you can't chain them.

Heh, SE could always put a cap on the amount of damage a non magic bursted nuke could do for a BLM nerf. Bye bye manaburn. But meh, only a thought. Doubt they would do that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Monk parties in KRT and other high dmg melee parties can make close to that exp per/hr too, just can't get as high chains. Everytime someone manages to do something like this everyone starts talking about nerf this and nerf that, gawd -.-;

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

but if there -has- to be a change here it would just be to change the elementals to be like the Aern's BST pets - high hp / crappy exp... there may be some valid arguments to nerfing BLM, but this isnt one of them.
    Have you ever dealt with one of those pets ??

They do NOT sleep, and they have hella HP, and they hit fucking hard.

Demosthenes11

but if there -has- to be a change here it would just be to change the elementals to be like the Aern's BST pets - high hp / crappy exp... there may be some valid arguments to nerfing BLM, but this isnt one of them.
    Have you ever dealt with one of those pets ??

They do NOT sleep, and they have hella HP, and they hit fucking hard.
    lol, you said hella

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    elementals and pets give 0 XP and don't count in XP chains?
    The only way I can make it from 20->25 on any job without killing myself is by killing leech pets of the BST Giants in Qufim solo.

Don't kill my low level XP source. ; ;

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir
    Monk parties in KRT and other high dmg melee parties can make close to that exp per/hr too, just can't get as high chains. Everytime someone manages to do something like this everyone starts talking about nerf this and nerf that, gawd -.-;
    The difference with this is that it requires zero effort and has near zero risk. I've lost count how many times I've died in Ranps on Monk.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Meh, if you got a good pulling strat and solid players, with everyone on top of their game, and of course the stamina, more of which is required than casting one spell and never moving, (as well as being the only pt there, which is key) I'm sure chains like these would be possible in krt.

I've broken 11 or 12k in an hour in krt before, just gotta have some competent players and sometimes a lil bit of luck to keep that chain going. Usually though, we just kill for a half hour straight going from middle room to vrtra, and if vrtra isn't up we clear that and try to head back and keep chaining. After half hourish we take a short break and start again.

One time we tried to plan it out a bit more and leave a couple of mobs up to continue chain (mainly to get from G9 back east and still keep chain) and we managed this:

http://9.forumer.com/uploads/solstic...1119943539.jpg

Not bad for a non-static monk party :D (was just rdm brd and me [whm] with sorta rotating monks each time we went). We lost chain on something dumb outside vrtra room, I think sleepga + ice spikes or something, or else that number woulda been higher ; ;

Even if this gets you higher chains, I'd bet it would get kinda boring sitting in one spot and casting the same spells over and over for 4 hours; good mobile krt parties (yeah, there's bad ones too ) are fun and intense.

Btw russta, how much hp does your monk have? Not dissing taru monks in the least as they rock hardcore, but galka seemed to be our monk of choice for krt parties back when we did em, even though all monks die sooner or later (or sometimes the daffy bard when he runs into a room with red hp >_>) The extra hp lets you sit for an extra tick for that curaga or w/e while they take a beating hehe

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Easy "fix" for the topic in quesiton though (without nerfing our precious blms):

"Elementals summoned by Aern-type monsters in the Al'Taieu region will have their hit points adjusted."

or how's about:

"The time it takes for a monster to re-summon its pet once the previous one has been defeated will be been adjusted."

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    Btw russta, how much hp does your monk have? Not dissing taru monks in the least as they rock hardcore, but galka seemed to be our monk of choice for krt parties back when we did em, even though all monks die sooner or later (or sometimes the daffy bard when he runs into a room with red hp >_>) The extra hp lets you sit for an extra tick for that curaga or w/e while they take a beating hehe
    It depends on what I'm wearing really, what the complete party set up is, what I feel like eating. In Dynamis as Ninja right now so can't give you an exact number but it's usually around 1200 I think. If I really try (and this involves nerfing some attack, Fenrir's Stone in place of tiphia Sting for example) I can get 1600. I always insist on tanking too >.>;

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I remember a good friend of mine(Haulk) had 1500hp at lvl 65mnk >.> amd a hume mnk had that much at lvl 70 in some coffer pt in Davoi.

I would probably get bored casting 1 spell over and over for 4 hours but it beats tanking for 4 hours on nin >.> Drk is my funest job by far I can pt for over 4 hours easy I never had to stop pting with drk never gets too boring. Nin isn't boring but after 4 hours it's tiresome ^^

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

why nerf this ??
    Did you not notice the party of FOUR people ??

ANYONE can get gimped xp like this, and you want to nerf it. Are you crazy ?!?!?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

why nerf this ??
    Did you not notice the party of FOUR people ??

ANYONE can get gimped xp like this, and you want to nerf it. Are you crazy ?!?!?
    Sounds good^^, you would probally need a rdm/nin/drk/sam/sam/blm set up drk for stun and sams for smapping WS's and blm to nuke when needed and rdm to sleep, blm back up sleeper. Thing is why would a rdm and blm want to do it this way when they can get it faster/easier/better with 1 more blm and a brd?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm not saying *I* want this to be nerfed, but thanks to arrowburn pts (and I guess enough complaining by other non-rng jobs) rangers got visited by SE's nerf fairy.

Making the party from 4 -> 6 people would also considerably cut down on xp... would still be nice xp I'm sure, but I doubt you'd hit 11k/hr with 6 people (how is that "gimped xp" anyhow?) and probably start to hear a lot of "sorry we have 4 ppl we're full, don't want to hurt xp ^^"

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    It depends on what I'm wearing really, what the complete party set up is, what I feel like eating. In Dynamis as Ninja right now so can't give you an exact number but it's usually around 1200 I think. If I really try (and this involves nerfing some attack, Fenrir's Stone in place of tiphia Sting for example) I can get 1600. I always insist on tanking too >.>;
    1200? {death} {you can have this.}

We had a jp taru once, but don't remember how much hp he had, he didn't do much tanking though so I can't say he died much, usually left that up to the galka hogging hate (Droopy or Iron + red curry ) That, and our pts always enjoyed pushing chains as far as we could. To me, it's not a real krt pt until I bene a monk at 50hp somewhere along the line to keep chain going XD

Bah... now this makes me wanna get back in the krt scene, it's been way too long