Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

hi can i join your server, let's go manaburn in sea.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hate blms

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Only thing that can break the chain is stopping. I await the day someone breaks 1000 because it is possible with enough patience.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How did you find this? :X

Generally you should post where you get it from when you post a video of someone else's ;;

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=74115

And the above poster is certainly right, if you get a group insane enough you could do unlimited chains there.. as the bard i go just crazy doing this, cant do it for that long ><

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

so let me ask...how do you plan to nerf blm's in the way that it will prevent this from happening ??

take a look at the video, those elementals have no more than 2500hp.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Generally you should post where you get it from when you post a video of someone else's ;;

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=74115

And the above poster is certainly right, if you get a group insane enough you could do unlimited chains there.. as the bard i go just crazy doing this, cant do it for that long ><
    I actually didn't get it from KI. I got it from my LS's forums, and there was no source in the post. I was obviously not taking credit for it seeing as... that's not my character. =P

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    they have 1500HP, there is a video somewhere of a MNK in one of these parties and he hits it for a 1500 Chi Blast and it drops.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbreed
    they have 1500HP, there is a video somewhere of a MNK in one of these parties and he hits it for a 1500 Chi Blast and it drops.
    My bad...was tough to tell in the video. I saw the 2 blm's did 2500 dmg to take it down though.

I just reread my post and i sounded like i was being an asshole. I didnt mean it like that lol.
    to be honest ive never been to Sea so i have no idea just going by what ive seen around the forums.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't realize Delekii posted the video on K.I. heh

And the elementals have around 1400-1500hp, we just use Tier IVs for a sure kill and it doesn't really hurt anything to do so.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Chain #303, and i thought chain 200 was special with low hp like that couldnt smn's do the do the same?
    Either way brd ftw! theirs no pt that doesn't need one

Demosthenes11

brd blm blm blm could do better?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Chain #303, and i thought chain 200 was special with low hp like that couldnt smn's do the do the same?
    Eh, not really. By the time a Summoner has reacted to it the Black Mages have already killed it and if you don't have Black Mages you don't have a party. No stun will destroy chain from the damage taken by reactive spells, Dark Elementals Sleepga can ruin chain plus you need actual Sleep because everything is 100% resistent to light.

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    How did you find this? :X
    I spilled the beans out of jealously you wouldnt invite me!

ok im lying but seriously.... im so fucking leeching sooner or later :/

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Either way brd ftw! theirs no pt that doesn't need one
    they could but good luck trying to convince blms to invite a smn, ive been barking up that tree for a week... damnit niv!

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Here's an idea for those screaming nerf: Fix the retarted mobs.

Like SE would admit they screwed up somewhere in their own game. Ha.

Black Belt
    BG Level

so let me ask...how do you plan to nerf blm's in the way that it will prevent this from happening ??
    elementals and pets give 0 XP and don't count in XP chains?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i've actually done this same pt (BLM BLM RDM BRD) maybe a couple months ago, and exp per hour (in my experience) was closer to 8.5/9k per hour. I dont think that is terribly impressive exp/hr, i got higher exp/hr from decorative weapons, pre-rng patch. Its actually sorta tough and very drainingly repetitive to do this...
    Any normal 6 man PT (nin mnk rng blm rdm brd - or something) can do very similar exp/hr just by chaining the IT aerns in the area. You just have to have skilled(geared) players and some knowledge of which aern jobs are in each room. You might also actually have to use a SC (/shocked) since these arent the VT weapons everyones got lazy on, and a nice MB to take down certain jobs quickly can be a big plus to the party's efficiency. The only thing im kind of curious about is how well a skilled and nicely geared PLD would do against one of those MNKs w/ bracelets on...

Anyway - a SMN cant really join the BLM pt because elementals arent terribly weak to physical dmg. also, its pretty risky having an avatar wake it up at a bad time, so that the pt gets a GA3 or sleepga2 or something.
    Also, BLM BLM BLM BRD will not be very good, because these aerns are IT++... as 75blm w/ max enfeeble, pluto's staff, and +37ish enfeeble, im resisted on sleep enough to most deffinitly break a chain, if not wipe the party. Fast cast rdm sleep power, along with refresh and the ability to actually tank the mobs a bit lands a rdm a spot in this pt set up.

I dont really think that just because a PT is only 4 ppl and they can make a decent amount of exp per hr there is a flaw in the system, but if there -has- to be a change here it would just be to change the elementals to be like the Aern's BST pets - high hp / crappy exp... there may be some valid arguments to nerfing BLM, but this isnt one of them.

Just get up there with a strong balanced normal pt, and try it out yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast