Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Subtile Blow "Parses"     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Subtile Blow "Parses"

Ok here are some tests I did on a Ironshell in front of Norg as NIN/BST checking out subtile blow. Hitting the shell then charm it and imediately check tp. I had utsemi up for all test where I have been hitting it - so it didnt gain TP from hitting me:

I am Level 75 and have 5 Merits into Subtile Blow - so that is always taken into account:

3x Double Strikes - 6 Attacks using 227 Delay HQ Stun Katana: Ironshell 34TP
    3x Double Strikes - 6 Attacks using 227 Delay HQ Stun Katana - adding Rashas Ring: Ironshell 31TP

3 Strikes using 420 Delay Great Katana: Ironshell 28TP
    3 Strikes using 420 Delay Great Katana - adding Rashas Ring: Ironshell 26TP

Hitting it with 3 NI Elemental Spell: Ironshell 21TP
    Hitting it with 3 NI Elemental Spell - adding Rashas Ring: Ironshell 19TP !

Getting hit by the Ironshell once: Ironshell 6TP

WHM hitting Ironshell once using a light staff: Ironshell 12TP

This gets us to:

- Spells ARE affected by Subtile Blow
    - The base TP given to an enemy depends on the delay of the weapon you are using
    - The TP things get by hitting you is nothing compared to the TP that a THF can give to the enemy or multiple melee going frenzy
    - Subtile Blow is "Anti Store TP" - Every Level of Subtile Blow will reduce the TP you give by 0.1
    - I know using Stun Katanas I can hit an enemy with 9 Double Blows and one Single Strike before it gets 100 TP to be able use a TP move. (Assuming I dont get hit by blink tanking or it has TP regen or it just ignores TP)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

good post... i dont think i'll be getting the store tp and subtle blow ring ><';

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What amazes me is the TP reduction on spells that Subtle Blow gives. Direct Damage spells (including Bio, Dia, Drain, and NIN elemental spells) are supposed to give a mob 10% TP. Three spells without the Subtle Blow on the Rashas Ring (I wish I had one) only gave the mob 21% TP, so that is a 30% reduction for each spell. That's pretty nice.

Black Belt
    BG Level

most of that is from his Merits and NIN Job Traits (i think Merits are +2 each, so 5 x 2 = +10 Subtle Blow from Merits). don't know how many Subtle Blow Traits NINs have.

Rajas Ring reduces each spell by .5 TP. 1.5 total for 3 spells.

Hitting it with 3 NI Elemental Spell: Ironshell 21TP
    Hitting it with 3 NI Elemental Spell - adding Rashas Ring: Ironshell 19TP !

There was a post about this last week, Subtle Blow and Store TP both work in a very straightforward manner. +1 Subtle Blow reduces TP given by 1%, as in if you hit would normally give 10%, it'll give 9.9% (not 9%).

10% - (1% of 10%) = 9.9%

Stacked, its still quite nice. with MNK AFII, MNK trait (25 at 75) and Rajas, I have +50 Subtle Blow, so I give half TP. Its pretty useful soloing, especially since Counterstance makes you open to WS if shadows are down.

Store TP works the same way except its increases what you gain, with +1 if you would normally get 10% from a hit you get 10.1%, not 11%.

Its still quite nice to stack up (trait for SAM, Rajas and Carbonara for others), and it makes a real difference in TP gain over time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

A SAM should balance his store TP just so he doesnt end up on 97 to 99% TP after his swings - cause thats rly annoying. :wink:

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

All Nagamaki's posts in this thread explain everything you'll ever need to know about Subtle Blow and Store TP. Shame it sank without a trace and he never got the credit he deserved.

I still wish I got the sattva ring.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvaris
    I still wish I got the sattva ring.
    PLD and NIN, why the hell didn't you?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm a NIN and I won't get anywhere near it because I solo far too much =P

As much as I solo, I want the Subtle Blow because I kill a lot of crap that can be dangerous if it has too much TP. Especially bombs, having Subtle Blow trait and some merits in it, I get TP for stun before they can ever kill me >.>

Not to mention I'd love STR+5 DEX+5 in one ring, that's hot for a NIN who solos.