+ Reply to Thread

missing drivers in my laptop...

yeah so i bought my first laptop this summer and treated it like my previous comps, reformatting with the same copy of xp i use on my desktops.

i was oblivious as to how generic and lacking the network drivers are for laptops in my copy of xp because my laptop doesnt recognize any hardware network related.

i tried searching google and didnt find much. can anyone help me out in finding drivers for my laptop? its an AMD Turion 64 processor, i think thats the only prudent information.

thanks.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Drivers for your processor won't do jack for your network connectivity... We need to know what type of network interface card you're using in it.

o yeah, i helped a friend with this problem the other day at work and remember having to get the card information. anyone you know the name of the program (or one like it) which you run on the comp and it tells you all the specs of each piece of hardware? including manufacturer and everything? the guys at work have them on their pen drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    o yeah, i helped a friend with this problem the other day at work and remember having to get the card information. anyone you know the name of the program (or one like it) which you run on the comp and it tells you all the specs of each piece of hardware? including manufacturer and everything? the guys at work have them on their pen drives.
    here you go

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4044

it tells u your specs and everything.

yeah thats the one, thnx. the program is tight. let me transfer it over...

np GL fixing it and goodnite

under communications it says:

1394 Net Adaptor
    Realtek RTL8139 Family PCT Fast ethernet NIC

and strangely under network drivers it says:

None Detected.

hmmm, any ideas?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    under communications it says:

1394 Net Adaptor
    Realtek RTL8139 Family PCT Fast ethernet NIC

and strangely under network drivers it says:

None Detected.

hmmm, any ideas?
    The only one you need to worry about is the Realtek adapter. RTL8139 drivers can be found anywhere by doing a Google for it. Your 1394 driver is a WinXP default Firewire adapter, whether you have it or not.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Generally, you can go to the manufacturer of the laptops website and it'll have all the drivers for your laptop online. Go to their Support section and search for it by model number. Just download em on your working PC and make a cd of them for any future reformats.

A good driver site is http://www.driverguide.com . They have a ton of drivers for all different types of devices. Log in with this.

Username is drivers
    Password is all

yeah omaedon, i completely forgot about that lol. thats what im doing, everything is there that i need.

thnx for the imput guys.