Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bankroll for lvling blm     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bankroll for lvling blm

I was wondering how much gil I should reserve to lvl blm from 20-70+. Assume that I can sell gear for the same price I bought it as I upgrade equip, assume I always use food (I'm elvaan), and assume I don't care about uber gear (just decent). I'll worry about uber gear when I'm in my 70s.

Would 1 mil be enough to get by? 2 mil? more?

If you have 1 mil, you can get rings that will last you until 72... all i know

hmmm
    Pentients 1.5mil
    Druids Slops 1mil
    Genius ring 700k
    elemental torque 1mil

Use RSE (so whatever that price is), melon pie (4k a stack), rings (50-100k each), belts are usually around 20-30k, Black Cape +1 (60k), seer's crown +1 and possibly other seer's gear (100k), earrings (30-50k each for cunning), black silk neckerchief (20k), staves (minimum dark/ice would be around 300k on Garuda, all staves would be around 1.2-1.5mil). That's probably 400k + staves, so 2mil is probably enough to do decently.

Edit: Oops, forgot about Elemental Torque. Elemental Torque and Penitent's Rope are amazing pieces, you can live without them, but you'll be essentially a level weaker than a blm with them.

Edit 2: Personally, I use all HQ staves, rings +1, Penitent's Rope, Elemental Torque, River Gaiters, (used AF body and legs because I like the -enmity), so you can easily spend ~24mil on blm (Garuda prices).

Wow, that's quick. I already have RSE and some seer's gear for use on whm during bcnm and promys so no cost to me^^. Well, except for the crown. Food I can make so that's a discount.

I guess I was really just worried about the staves and spells. So 1.5mil for staves. How much for spells? (Assuming I farm or quest most of my spells.)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    hmmm
    Pentients 1.7mil
    Druids Slops 700kl
    Genius ring 1mio
    elemental torque 1.5mil
    Fixed for Unicorn.

My suggestion.. Eremites +1.. Those will last you to 70s (50s if you're wanting the HQ +4Int, but that's lots of money to increase only 2 int.. NQ 70 rings are cheaper if I remember correctly.)

Just spend your money on priority spells. Ancients are not priority except maybe Freeze and Burst if you are wanting to attemt 50's manaburns. (Sorry, I'm not buying Quake for 300k when I'll use it never!)

Also, if anything, you'll need 3 staves for sure.. Others are just bonuses. Lightning, Ice, and Dark. The last two are higher priority for leveling. Lightning is more end game HNMs. (Thunder IV stuffs.) Don't stress your MP. Get INT and Magic Attacks. Just hit the MB and rest. That's why SE invented WHMs to worry about healing people.

Tamas ring saves a nice 700k on genius and 2mil on a snow
    currently 5/7 HQ staves but earth and water suck so dont know if its worth getting them

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kuai
    Tamas ring saves a nice 700k on genius and 2mil on a snow
    currently 5/7 HQ staves but earth and water suck so dont know if its worth getting them
    Working on my Tamas ring now.. The Professor gave us a run last night..

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Re: Bankroll for lvling blm

Quote Originally Posted by dietvanillapepsi
    I was wondering how much gil I should reserve to lvl blm from 20-70+. Assume that I can sell gear for the same price I bought it as I upgrade equip, assume I always use food (I'm elvaan), and assume I don't care about uber gear (just decent). I'll worry about uber gear when I'm in my 70s.

Would 1 mil be enough to get by? 2 mil? more?
    Well for the budget-minded blm, here's what I'd consider.

Level 20-29: Whatever you can get your hands on (maybe trader's here, but that's still on the pricy end for this level)

Level 29-50: Sear's Gear (and it's +1 versions). A full set of +1 should run about 200k and this will run you pretty much all the way to your BLM AF gear. Save this stuff, as you'll need it if you want to do most of the earlier CoP cap areas. Other items to get at these levels are Druid's Rope (40)

Level 51-60: Elemental Staves: Get at least dark (+mp while resting) & ice (for +elemental) then complete the set as your budget allows. From this point you'll be replacing your Sear's geer with BLM AF gear. Save up for Genius Rings and get those beastmen's seals ready for a BC60 for a Penitent's Rope. Tactical Magician's Coat is avalible at 50 (and free for Windurstans, bonus)

Levels 61-72: AF Gear from this point mainly. Start saving up for those big purchases ahead (errant gear, Igqira's, etc...). At 68, Black Cloak becomes avalible and is a good budget-minded choice (runs about 150k) and will be helpful up till your elemental torque (save those seals!).

Levels 72-Endgame: Igqira, Errants, and various AF gear

You guys are great. 8) Exactly the info I was looking for. Just wanna get blm to 75 for certain end game activities, not make a career of it.

This will help plan out what I need so that I can blow through leveling and not have to pause for side activities.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dietvanillapepsi
    You guys are great. 8) Exactly the info I was looking for. Just wanna get blm to 75 for certain end game activities, not make a career of it.
    When you get to 75 you wont want to play any other job

Don't worry too much about money, just make sure you get alot of KS's at 72+ just do a few KS BC's and your set^^ I had over 100 KS's and never used them cause i wasent a blm lol

:/ Nothing. Create a character and you will get a free scroll of stone. You now have the ability to level to 75.

If you're doing Elvaan BLM you might want to consider Melon Pie +1, not NQ version <.<. I know it's one INT, and in most case scenarios doesn't make a huge difference, however, you should be well acquainted with the lacking availability of natural INT >.>

I've been curious myself to try Brain Stew, but since it's not stackable (yeah I know, 3hour food though), and not exactly what I'd deem cheap given the risk factor of dying thus loosing food stats, haven't bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    :/ Nothing. Create a character and you will get a free scroll of stone. You now have the ability to level to 75.
    Haha I actually LOLed at that one.

I'd say 3-4mil is a good estimate for a decently equipped BLM.

Remember, your Elemental Skill and staves matter most.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Remember, your Elemental Skill and staves matter most.
    Yeah, if I had a dime for every time I saw some blm with all int gear on high level HNMs.............

Then they wonder why they get resisted every time w/o elemental seal.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thats how much nin 1-30 was for me

Anywho question to you blm's, i love the blm af1 hands Elemental skill +15 i mean danm +15! Thats like skipping a few lvls with the Tourqe it's even better. So my question is Mgc atk bonus+5 or elemental skill+15? which is better in your opinion? With Mgc atk bonus you get better dmg but with the elemental skill+ you get alot less resists if i where a blm i wouldn't ever take them off

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

On MB's you should never get resisted, so allllll MAB and INT is the way to go. Even on RDM I will use my "BOOM" macro instead of my skill macro when MB'ing on Faf/Nid/KB/etc and land plenty full (~750 Thunder3 on light).

On free-nuking it's pretty situational. I believe for free-nuking on IT+'s at least some skill would be highly preferred over MAB (speaking even from a BLM perspective.) DoT of steady free-nukes is much more important than higher nukes occasionally.

When you get to 75 you wont want to play any other job
    I gots two jobs at 75 already and one at 68.8) As for KS, yes this is one of the reasons why I want a 75 blm in my back pocket. I have over two stacks now.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Thats how much nin 1-30 was for me

Anywho question to you blm's, i love the blm af1 hands Elemental skill +15 i mean danm +15! Thats like skipping a few lvls with the Tourqe it's even better. So my question is Mgc atk bonus+5 or elemental skill+15? which is better in your opinion? With Mgc atk bonus you get better dmg but with the elemental skill+ you get alot less resists if i where a blm i wouldn't ever take them off
    It situational. Once you hit 75 and get some Elemental Magic merits, you'll not be resisted enough to warant Wizard's Gloves, so you can go with Zenith. Until you get some EM merits, I'd stick with AF1 Golves on Statues, but anything lower you can use Zenith.

Gods use AF1, Fafhogg use AF1 until you get some merits, on water spells you can use Zenith.