Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bloodsucker     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Bloodsucker

The guy is 72 hour respawn from death, but there was some special condition for after maint. He pops at 24 hours after maint is done or something?

Can someone let me know, I'm thinking about getting this ring and kinda interested^^

Pops 21-24 hours after maintainance, every 72 hours on the dot after that.

0/3 so far on the drop....

It spawned 21 hours after server up for me. Went 1/7 on the ring :/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

1/1 on the ring 8)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

3/3 for me, vudoodoodoo, and litoriceboi :D

are you sure its 72hr on the dot? been down here for 2hours since it was supposed to pop... so it either has a window or we messed up the ToD severely :\

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Release the hounds.

it's on the dot. If you didn't see it, you probably missed it. 0/3 for me.

the jp in my ls is the only one that has the ToD and he can't remember it exactly and i have no effing clue what the hell the ToD is :\

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

As already said, 21-24hours after maintenance, then 72hours after on the dot.

1/11(or was it 1/9? don't remember, I confuse this and moldavite; ; one or the other) on mine, not counting all the lost claims to JPs who just happened to randomly be in there eventhough they didn't know the tod.

btw..i was kinda confused about this mob also,does it con Impossible to Gauge? or is there some way to know its the 1 that drops the ring,this is a gay NM but i want the ring ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by Sefier
    btw..i was kinda confused about this mob also,does it con Impossible to Gauge? or is there some way to know its the 1 that drops the ring,this is a gay NM but i want the ring ; ;
    it's different colors from the rest of the bloodsuckers

It should be blue and con impossible to gauge.

I know people will hate me for saying it but it's probably an entirely different model making it that different color, if you really wanted to cheat you could have swap models to have it pop as a summon or something to make it really easy on you.

Hate that mob, I've camped it with friends before and always wished I had done something like that to make life easy other than checking them all and running up close to see if one was blue.

It used to work wonders for me while camping astral coffers back in the day.

Nah, same model, just a different skin / palette. If you knew what you were doing you could detect it all the same.

But that's for cheaters.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

You mean like, swapping his Dat file to a dhalmel so it's easily spotted?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

yeah this thing is hard as hell to spot, basically you have to /check every single bloodsucker you see cause the water makes it hard to figure out what color it is until you get up close.

i know a couple ppl who switched the blue bloodsucker to behemoth's .dat to camp it, it does work, but when they go to zitah with all the leechs there its like "WTF?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    yeah this thing is hard as hell to spot, basically you have to /check every single bloodsucker you see cause the water makes it hard to figure out what color it is until you get up close.

i know a couple ppl who switched the blue bloodsucker to behemoth's .dat to camp it, it does work, but when they go to zitah with all the leechs there its like "WTF?!"
    hawt

Someone suggested doing this with coffers in Ru'Aun gardens, swapping the .dat to Bahamut. The 'center' of his .dat is actually far below the bottom tip of his tail, so wherever he 'is', his model will actually be FAR far above that. (This being the cutscene .dat, unsure about the battle .dat, I'd think they'd recenter that one since its not as obscenely high) Thus, stand somewhere remotely near coffer spawns (since you still have to be in drawing range) and you'll see a nice huge wyrm flyin' round.

Saw screenshots from someone who did the same thing with Darters in Aery, changing them to Yovra... Must've been a freaky experience. Looking through the room there was nothing... looking up, fifteen Yovra staring down at you with beady eyes. Its fun to change random mobs... Byakko to Uleguerand Rabbit ^_^ Triple attacking mad critting ferocious fast casting bunny of impending DOOM!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    Its fun to change random mobs... Byakko to Uleguerand Rabbit ^_^ Triple attacking mad critting ferocious fast casting bunny of impending DOOM!
    The most humbling thing about Final Fantasy XI is that no mater how powerful you are, somewhere out in the world there is a bunny who is waiting to beat you down.