Si senor

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yellow Frog of Death ftw.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If I quit, even if I might come back I'd toss some of my stuff just for fun and so you guys could go OMGZ WTF when I did. Hell, my Dalmatica is in my MH Storage, I don't even use it, so I know that could be tossed and if I came back not missed o.0

Sea Torques
    BG Level

its cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Osode has 52 defense, 30 hp (if you use cassie), and +10 to all stats..and is generally speaking free since your ls gives it to you.

Adaman Hauberk has 15 acc 15 atk 10 str and 10 dex and I think 53 def too.

I just don't think this piece is that good outside of like extreme "all the tanks are dead we're fked step up mr. war" fights.

I'm not trying to trash it just wondering what people see in it.
    Although yes, you get +30HP out of an osode, you get more out of this. Not only is the body more HP, you can equip a different HP earring...thus giving you +68-73 rather then 30 for the two same slots.

To me, that is worth it as I don't have PLD or NIN at 75 for tanking. As it stands, even without full HP gear (no BQ ring/seiryus kote/capped hp merits, hell, i don't even have af1 pants lol) I have just under 1700HP. With unicorn+bq ring+food I could break 2k HP easily.

As for that quote, pfft Try it once your WAR is 75 (assuming it isn't already, I don't know :/). I can tank anything in sky as either war/mnk or war/nin with earth staff and such, very well too. I wouldn't put it past a WAR to tank a wyrm or king either.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I'm not going to read this thread, cuz it's 4 pages of what looks like bullshit and I'm not in the mood for a headache. A friend linked me and told me the basics though, so yeah.

As far as WAR tanking goes, I'm co-main tank for the strongest linkshell on my server. I've tanked all Gods, I've tanked all Kings and their NQ counterparts, Tiamat, and Jorm. And I don't mean "Oh shit, all tanks are dead, invite the Warrior," I mean I was there from start to finish. I also tanked Vrtra, though it was a failed attempt (No NA has beat him on my server so far).

As my good friend Luminaire once said, "WAR has a ton of potential, the only limits on the job are the player." It's not about what Warrior can and cannot do, it's what the player can and cannot do. That goes for all jobs aswell.

EDIT:

My friend said I needed pictures.

Tiamat

Jormungand

I don't really have other pics because, well, those mobs are so fucking easy and if you can't believe that a WAR can't tank Kings and Gods then you're a moron. I do have one more thing ot add though, I do the most damage against Fafnir while tanking.

[removed broken link]

Not just a one time thing, been awhile since I've been outdamaged on him. And these are BLMs that do up to 1900 on MB, I wouldn't call them gimped. We kill him in 15-20 mins and normally don't even have a full alliance (As you can see in the pic above, we only had 13 people at that particular fight), people aren't hold much back (Obviously a BLM can chain nuke and beat my damage, but that also leads to a dead BLM which adds nothing to the fight).

So yeah, don't underestimate WAR.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectEnding
    All we get is Ebodies, finally our last Nid we got another Koenig Body, to finish 6th set :/ Think we gave our last Hauberk to someones Lv5x WAR :\
    E. Body was the N.Legs for awhile with our Nid. I think we got 6 or 7 in a row starting with a 2x E.Body drop. We gave our last one to a 63 Taru bst.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nny
    (Obviously a BLM can chain nuke and beat my damage, but that also leads to a dead BLM which adds nothing to the fight).
    Except that if you have a PLD, said chain nuking BLM will get cured and won't die. I die alot when I go nuts when Nins tank, I cant imagine how little I would be able to do if a war tanked.

This is going to turn into a flame thread 8/

Ever looked at how much +emnity warrior can get? A good WAR won't loose hate that easily, especially not easier then a NIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo

Ever looked at how much +emnity warrior can get? A good WAR won't loose hate that easily, especially not easier then a NIN.
    Fell and Orfeo both tanked for us just same as our pld do. As Kuno said though you do have to hold back somewhat with a war. I personally think you have to hold back even more with a nin though then a war .......... wait that does not mean Fell is available for recruitment either

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    Fell and Orfeo both tanked for us just same as our pld do. As Kuno said though you do have to hold back somewhat with a war. I personally think you have to hold back even more with a nin though then a war .......... wait that does not mean Fell is available for recruitment either
    Hmmm... If Fell were up on the market, how much would he go for? (I still have that pile of straw from when I was going to buy Orfeo...)

Fellvengeance>Orfeo

I would say fell would go for about 100m, I mean, he has nearly full unicorn. Points for that.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo

Our WAR tank did a 890 Rampage on Faf yesterday (I'm a mage so I don't take note that often), it's not Tiamat but when you can have your tank doing that much damage you don't worry about hate too much. And yeah WAR's have like 50% more enmity available to them I believe, it's pretty insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Except that if you have a PLD, said chain nuking BLM will get cured and won't die. I die alot when I go nuts when Nins tank, I cant imagine how little I would be able to do if a war tanked.
    Tanked Nidhogg yesterday as WAR/NIN with a PLD/WAR and another WAR/NIN as the other tanks. The PLD has all Koenig except for legs and a Shadow Mantle, the other WAR has Koenig body and full God set, both myself and the other WAR have Ridill. We all had hate about the same amount of time and if it ever turned to a BLM it was to hit them once after they bursted for some stupid amount then it'd turn back to us. WAR does not have hate problems.

If your WARs are like, trying to DEF/VIT tank things that don't need it or aren't using enough enmity or aren't doing enough damage, that's their fault, not the job's.

Oh and I had ballads because I was in PT with PLD, if I had Marches or Minuets I could post a parser like Nny's where I beat the BLMs for you to look at. And my hate would have been even more solid. As it stands my damage was still only a bit behind the BLMs without ATK songs or Marches and without going completely all-out on offensive gearing. Also I had to use gimpy Savage Blade to open Light instead of using say Rampage just for damage.

Wow I'd love to tank Fafhogg some day... I don't have alot of tanking gear but if my LS ever gives me some, I'd definitely love to try it out for a change.

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:56 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nny wrote:
    (Obviously a BLM can chain nuke and beat my damage, but that also leads to a dead BLM which adds nothing to the fight).

Lol... Curing doesnt save a BLM from dying in a Fafnir fight you'd know that if you'd been in one... unless hate is pulled immediately, one set of double attacks equals one dead BLM.
    Did you even READ the parser... Nny parsered for more damage than any person in that party? add in voke, and warcrys..and about 20+ enmity, how could ANYONE pull hate from him. Seriously... dont act like you know what WAR can do until you've met one who doesnt suck horribly at his job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast