Thread: I am a 75 DRG     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

you want me to be shot too perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWatermonkey
    This a joke post right? Try parsing a dragon and see they are on par with the damage of the pld than tell me different. Than use windower and look at the rate gain of Tp vs drk or something. I refuse to pt with drgs anymore. When you got full tp back from multihit ws they were decent. Now they blow and all should be shot.
    Pre-75 there is nothing wrong with DRG actually

At 75 though, well, here is a list of jobs I absolutely loath partying with:

THF
    DRK
    DRG
    PLD
    SMN
    SAM

They kill exp so much... ,_,
    I hate all jobs at 75 except WAR and MNK :\ DRK/NIN with ridill or kraken in offhand can come too, but thats it! D:

Hell I hate BLM in level 75 exp.

[removed broken link]

Note the mob type...sea. I don't have sea, so therefore I don't like BLM MP pisses me off and they always need to rest, thus leaving 3/4 DD's to fight rather then 4/5.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My fav pt set up with NIN is NIN/NIN/WAR/WAR/BRD/RDM I love a pt where everybody can handle themselves and i don't have to baby sit 8)
    My funnest pt's with nin are dual NIN pt's cause im not the only one responsible for the party and i can pt like this forever and pting with Nikkei's nin i just let her tank with Haubergeon and me DD with SH XD

With DRK it's DRK/NIN/SAM/BRD/RDM/BLM I love sam cause i never have to wait for them to get tp and they do the best dmg for opening light for me, i like NIN cause the mages MP is always full and the sam can get hate for SATA easier. With pld it's so anoying trying to take hate XD

i was just told today of this thread, and this most certainly is not me, whoever you are go fuck yourself poser

THF
    Consistant 1000+ Shark Bite or Dancing Edge. {No, thanks.}?

Quote Originally Posted by Akiro
    I remember Edwardstheblacks' pt set up was NIN/NIN/DRK/BLM/BRD/SAM and we were getting chain 6 sometimes, i guess its just where the jobs exp and the whole make up of the pt not just the class itself.
    We destroyed everything w/ 2 dark chains per fight.

Quote Originally Posted by vudoodoodoo

THF
    Consistant 1000+ Shark Bite or Dancing Edge. {No, thanks.}?
    1000+? Shit the thieves I party with can barely break 900 -.-;

Which is better?

a) Doing 5 skillchains for 800?
    b) Doing 3 skillchains for 1200?

The reason ppl view Thieves badly is because they don't see huge numbers coming out of their weapon skills. The game has more divisions than just mage / tank / super omgwtf crazy one-shot DD!@#!

Give a guy a break if he's not breaking 900 on his WS. Chances are he's doing other things that can only be seen over time.

Then again, there's tons of Thieves that just plain suck.

There are plenty of things in this game that prevent people from getting "optimal xp / hour". Possible contributing factors include, but are not limited to:

Lack of Al'Taieu access to get Chain 500
    Lack of HQ Cursed gear.
    Other ppl partying in the same area as you.
    Of the 4 monks that you know currently online, only 3 of them have unlocked Destroyers.

When you start taking the attitude that anything less than an 8k / hour party is "beneath you", you start losing sight of what the game is about and how to have fun. That's when it's become a job to you. This elitist attitude and inflexibility is -exactly- what causes SE to start nerfing shit. Why do you think RNG was nerfed?

There are thousands of other ppl playing the game at the same time as you. It's not all about you and your xp. Part of what this game is trying to teach is flexibility and teamwork. If you lose sight of that, you're missing the point of the game.

BTW, this isn't directed at anyone in particular, just a general comment directed at anyone who "absolutely loathes" partying with anything other the heaviest DDs in the game + a BRD.

SAM is good

I said I don't like partying with them, not that I won't party with them. I also said I don't like partying with anything BUT nin war and mnk (as melees). It's just funner to me.

There are thousands of other ppl playing the game at the same time as you. It's not all about you and your xp. Part of what this game is trying to teach is flexibility and teamwork. If you lose sight of that, you're missing the point of the game.
    There is a 90% chance that you hate dragoons and won't party with them.

I don't mind Dragoons. If someone else is searching and I have to choose between DRG and SAM, or DRG and MNK, I'd take the SAM or MNK. But I don't dislike DRG and I wouldn't -not- invite one while waiting for something better to pop. The main thing that bothers me about DRG is their Wyvern always gets in my way.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by macbain24
    SAM is good
    I love sam

With drk it was the only job i liked SCing with, i can do it with others but it normally sucked.
    With Nin and Drk i loved pting with sams with nin i had a 6k+exp an hour Jap pt in eastern Atept(sp?) desert on gobs lvl39-42, set up was NIN/NIN/SAM/BLM/SMN/WHM0rrdm(w/elol) one mob i would do distortion with the sam and the other nin on next, sam got tp fast and subed thf so WS dmg was great and blm MB but so did me and the other nin for 100dmg(alot back then lol^^) each time. The Jap nin spamed Ele Ninjutsu, he tanked most of the time we got like 3 lvls that night.(like 2 hour pt lol)

With drk, sam is the only job that can do good opening light dmg, 300dmg mistral(no thanks^^) and rng's weren't much fun either only liked them cause they pull fast rng cant voke and their light ws's are weak, and getting hate is a problem, with sam we bounce hate around with SATA light SC's for 3kdmg+2kMB.

Ohh and thf doing 1kdmg on ws....look at your gear then look at an avg thiefs... thfs do shit for avg dmg but from 30-65 they do a hell lot of dmg on ws's at 30-50 i would rather have a good thf than rng cause some did 400-500 VP 400-600 distortion...i remember one time 1 thf did 647 VP 756 distortion at lvl 50. but 65 plus other jobs are doing alot better DOT and now have SATA aswell thfs normally do a 300-599 Shark bite 600-799 if their good. They take along time to get that tp aswell, i don't have triple attack or anything what so ever to help with tp but i get 100 b4 the thf's, and with nin i get 100tp use jin twice b4 thf goes

With nin i love thfs obviously... and with drk i never have to pt with them cause we do the same job....so all in all i love thf XD

Ridill
    BG Level

LOL

from the sylph server forums on alla:

[removed broken link]

That's a cheap korean knock off of the good one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    They take along time to get that tp aswell, i don't have triple attack or anything what so ever to help with tp but i get 100 b4 the thf's, and with nin i get 100tp use jin twice b4 thf goes
    So wait a second, you're saying you get 100%TP on DRK faster then a THF gets 100%TP? I can say that whichever THF you partied with completely sucked. First off I know for a fact that THF has much higher tp/sec ratio then DRK, maybe even the highest in the game (not counting meditate). THF has access to just as much acc gear, can solo TA for a guaranteed 10%TP, triple attack, same weapon rating (A-), and under the delay floor with ninja sub and a good choice of daggers. I mean yeah a THF can't really come close to the spike damage of a DRK, but if you parse both, the DoT is around the same. Mainly because a THF will ALWAYS do more skillchains then a DRK unless of course the THF is really gimp.

Then you say you can get 200%TP with Ninja as fast as a THF can get 100%? Wow, you must party with THF's that are borderline retarded or something... Are they gaining TP with bolts?

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vudoodoodoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiro
    I remember Edwardstheblacks' pt set up was NIN/NIN/DRK/BLM/BRD/SAM and we were getting chain 6 sometimes, i guess its just where the jobs exp and the whole make up of the pt not just the class itself.
    We destroyed everything w/ 2 dark chains per fight.
    Those PTs we had were extremely fun :D

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu
    So wait a second, you're saying you get 100%TP on DRK faster then a THF gets 100%TP? I can say that whichever THF you partied with completely sucked. First off I know for a fact that THF has much higher tp/sec ratio then DRK, maybe even the highest in the game (not counting meditate). THF has access to just as much acc gear, can solo TA for a guaranteed 10%TP, triple attack, same weapon rating (A-), and under the delay floor with ninja sub and a good choice of daggers. I mean yeah a THF can't really come close to the spike damage of a DRK, but if you parse both, the DoT is around the same. Mainly because a THF will ALWAYS do more skillchains then a DRK unless of course the THF is really gimp.

Then you say you can get 200%TP with Ninja as fast as a THF can get 100%? Wow, you must party with THF's that are borderline retarded or something... Are they gaining TP with bolts?
    1: yes with drk getting tp before a thf is sad, i had a pt with thf/wa/ drk melee and we all got tp at the same time but.....i was subbing thf both had +15 haste from nin sub and double attack/triple attack so i didn't get it either.

2: With drk i hardly pt with thfs cause as i said we do the same job. When i do pt with thfs their are less than good imo. I pt'ed with a thf in my ls, thf/sam/drk melee(only pt with thf on 3 melee pt's which is almost never) sam got tp fastest then me then thf, thf did 400-550 shark bits, and it took awhile to get tp but some times he would go from 10% to 100% in a few seconds..which was weird(guess alot of triples). Drks just don't mix with thfs, imo

3: With nin i pt'ed with thfs alot almost everyday, they did the best dmg 30-60, they got tp okay but with nin i got tp pretty fast almost x2 as some of the thfs depending. With nin i got tp the fastest in the party most of the time so it was not just thf, but in later lvls mnk/sam/rng got tp faster and war probally if i didn't pt with the shitiest wars ever
    Anywho back to thf, they did good dmg, wasn't amazing at lvl 60+ but i would rather a thf than a rng most of the time no matter how much dmg the rng does Thf TA me at start then SA from back and SATA for WS, fights go smooth and fast, thfs keep the party in control they don't have to get tp fastest or be the big DD in a pt imo.<(^_^)>