BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Latents on the gorgets from Al'Taieu

editedlolz

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

thx Perfect :wink:

That would be great except Shadow Gorget and Soil Gorget don't affect Asuran Fists, Gravitation 1st attribute, and Breeze Gorget doesn't affect Dragon Kick, Fragmentation 1st attribute (presumably Thunder doesn't either but I'm missing a Yovra Organ to finish that one).

Well, either A) they don't affect them, or B) the effect is so weak that its less than the natural damage variation of the weaponskills. If its B, then that would make the gorgets (and consequentially the yovras) completely useless.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The effect is +10% added to the multiplier used per hit. They are best used on multi-hit WS's, however multi-hit WS's are quite variable in nature. Therefore saying that their effect is less than the natural variation of the WS would be correct.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm angry that Spirit Taker wont work with any Gorget.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ew, was hoping to get a breeze gorget for DE and Shark.

but if its indeed first attribute only, then that gay's my plans.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

thx for posting this 8)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What about relic WSs? '.'

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I think Breeze Gorget works with Blade: Jin? Can anyone verify this? =\ I think it makes sense because Jin can end Detonation. Also, Shadow seems to work with Ku/Ten I guess? I heard the gorgets have more of an effect with actual accuracy, and that seems nice because it's not like ninjas sub thief often for damage dealing.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    What about relic WSs? '.'
    I'm talking out my ass but I would assume that since the Relic WS's have properties of "Light" or "Darkness" that any of the 4 matching gorgets would boost their strength, similar to how the WS's that have Lvl2 properties are boosted by 2 gorgets.

Raineer, I remember once where someone used 5-6 various screenshots of Namas Arrow making Light off of other random Weaponskills to determine exactly the elemental properties that Namas Arrow posessed. Unfortunately, none of the properties were Light or Darkness. They were regular properties (3 of them if I recall) that just happened to fit nicely with the system to almost always produce Light when chained with another WS. Wish I could find this, I think it was in the comments of someone's LiveJournal.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Raineer, I remember once where someone used 5-6 various screenshots of Namas Arrow making Light off of other random Weaponskills to determine exactly the elemental properties that Namas Arrow posessed. Unfortunately, none of the properties were Light or Darkness. They were regular properties (3 of them if I recall) that just happened to fit nicely with the system to almost always produce Light when chained with another WS. Wish I could find this, I think it was in the comments of someone's LiveJournal.
    Well to make a Light renkei itself at least one of the WS involved has to contain a Fragmentation (Thunder/Wind) or Fusion (Light/Fire) element tag to it. A Thunder -> Fire won't make it, and just having one you still have to make the second renkei whether it's by using a WS that contains the 2nd double-property, or chaining-up the elemental wheel (ie. Burning Blade -> Combo -> Savage Blade).

As the majority of us know here you need Fusion and Fragmention to follow one another to make Light. While I don't deny that testing whatsoever, especially since I'm not even remotely close to a relic weapon, I'd also like to keep the thought alive that it is possible for a Relic WS to contain both double-set elements (Frag+Fusion).

This thread has potential :D

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Hmmm... I sorta catch your drift, but I was under the assumption (no first-hand knowledge) that Namas Arrow can close either side of light? Or is it that it can only continue Light -> Light. If the latter is the only case then that makes my head hurt.

Edit: Someone just get Aden a relic weapon, he'll have this shit figured out in 10 minutes

Actually if my vague recollection of the properties of Namas Arrow are correct (at least according to what was determined in those LJ comments), it did indeed have both Fragmentation and Fusion properties. And one more. Don't remember what order they came in though. The real point was simply that if it does in fact work this way, we won't see 2 Relic Weapons combining to make Cosmic Elucidation.

Also not really sure how Light and Dark Gorgets work. But I'm guessing they don't boost any Weapon Skill whose element is light/dark based? If so, why not save yourself the trouble and just get a Light and a Dark? They probably only work with Transfixion and Compression.

In any case, I'm thoroughly confused by these gorgets. If what the OP said was true, then what about the person who responded later with specific counterexapmles?

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Actually if my vague recollection of the properties of Namas Arrow are correct (at least according to what was determined in those LJ comments), it did indeed have both Fragmentation and Fusion properties. And one more. Don't remember what order they came in though. The real point was simply that if it does in fact work this way, we won't see 2 Relic Weapons combining to make Cosmic Elucidation.

Also not really sure how Light and Dark Gorgets work. But I'm guessing they don't boost any Weapon Skill whose element is light/dark based? If so, why not save yourself the trouble and just get a Light and a Dark? They probably only work with Transfixion and Compression.

In any case, I'm thoroughly confused by these gorgets. If what the OP said was true, then what about the person who responded later with specific counterexapmles?
    Perhaps only the Light/Dark Gorgets affect Transfixion and Compression? >.>

Yea that's what I said lol. What I'm confused by is the person who responded with counterexamples to the original post

That would be great except Shadow Gorget and Soil Gorget don't affect Asuran Fists, Gravitation 1st attribute, and Breeze Gorget doesn't affect Dragon Kick, Fragmentation 1st attribute (presumably Thunder doesn't either but I'm missing a Yovra Organ to finish that one).
    Asuran Fists should be pretty noticeable, since it produces basically the equivalent of a 9 hit Asuran.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

theres gotta be something missing from this....

why would SE make the light + dark gorgets require 2 yovras if they werent anymore useful than the other ones ??

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa

why would SE make the light + dark gorgets require 2 yovras if they werent anymore useful than the other ones ??
    You said it yourself, SE.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Because:

A) Square is evil.

B) Square hates us all.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil

You said it yourself, SE.
    touché