Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A little RNG advice please...

Well, I already posted this on KI but because I'll probably get a bunch of dumbass answers from rdms and mnks on what ammo i should get, I'm re-posting here...

I have enough CP to get 1 CP Ammo and I'm not sure what I'd prefer more GMB or PPA.
    I'm bastokan so if I were to get a PPA I'd have to wait for windy to be in last and even then I might have to farm a little bit more CP, but at the moment I'm using Bow main, so I figure PPA may be better. But on the other hand, a good RNG friend of mine told me that O-bow is a very very good rng weapon so I'm thinking about getting a GMB for that...

Also, figure in I'm a level 62, Galka, I'm pretty poor, I sub war with fire staff so I have a small acc issue. I plan on getting a Selene's Bow, but I doubt I'll ever get an E-bow.

editedlolz

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectEnding
    Lvl BLM.
    I wanted a response from an intelligent person and someone who didn't RMT their account.

Lvl BLM.
    I didn't rmt my account

Hehe just kidding I have no damn clue as my ranger is only 42 ;x

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm not a RNG, but from every RNG I've ever seen and heard, no one goes Bow and keeps it at end-game, it's always the Obow. I know people who have had an Ebow and just sell it because for one, and Obow is free, and for two, Xbow is better in general. So honestly I'd think you would get more use out of the GMB, even if it does take a bit more work to get.

And remember, by the time you're 75 and work on merits and stuff, if you don't shoot off your bolt, you can always get a PPA too if you keep Signet on.

editedlolz

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

I'm not Rng, but as a War, I know Acid Bolt adds at least 200-300 damage of the course of a fight from other melees alone, which I believe outweighs any extra damage from a few D from a bow. O bow DoT is insane too.

Most people I know use Obow and Darksteel Bolt. A lvl 75 Rng in LS got Selene's Bow and swears by it though, so its really something you need to test.

<3 Acid Bolt though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Also have to remember if you're kiting, using a Bow takes quite some time to shoot off, whereas an Xbow is fast shots so you have more opportunity to keep kiting and also be able to cast Uts fast and go if you have hate.

So yeah get both

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I see no Rangers have posted in this thread so I'll give my 2 cents here.

Since lv67 and up I've need a xbow user. The holy damage from holy bolts becomes insane at lv75 with the proper gear. And on top of that you have your acid bolt which adds about 10-30 dmg per shot. I have over 250k CP, but I have never bought any CP ammo. But if I were to get one, I'd get a GMB.

If you want my advice, save your CP and buy Aketons or something that you can sell for decent gil. I know countless ranger friends that have tossed away several CP ammo. So unless you do not experience lag or do not make mistakes, I'd recommend not getting a GMB or PPA.

I've shot so much CP ammo I've spent at least 400k CP on that shit.

Too bad it's awesome stuff, and (well, before the 'nerf') made my Slug Shot dmg go up by ~200.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen
    Lvl BLM.
    I wanted a response from an intelligent person and someone who didn't RMT their account.
    you made lol irl, thx

At your level, you'll probably want to keep using Bow until 67, so PPA will give you results soonest. O'bow I believe is still one of the best options for 67-75 (cheapest, with about the same damage as bow... although I can't really check this post-patch since I'm already 75). At 75, you'll probably be focusing on bow again since it has the longest range, allowing you to actually stay outside AoE range and not shoot for crap on kited mobs. So short answer, get both; long answer, get PPA and Selene's Bow soon (unless you already use and like heavy crossbow, in which case get GMB first), then save CP for GMB and hope you can get it by 67-70.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How does the CP Ammo work?

Septislut Sexy Brigade
    BG Level

like any other ammo....except u unlimited shot before hand.....

and if u don't....u slap yourself

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Que stories of;

Omg i remember the first time I got my CP ammo i ran to xxx and fired it accidentally at a xxx, i was so sad ; ;

can someone post the picture of rngs going to blm school?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Makochin
    can someone post the picture of rngs going to blm school?
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...erin/vande.jpg

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What i ment was why would anybody spend a bunch of CP points on one arrow? even if it did 1000dmg it's gone once you use it Some rng in a pt of mine used it to pull by mistake Does it give u regen or something? cause i would rather buy regular arrows/bullets^^

you see, there is this thing called "Unlimited Shot". You use that everytime you want to do ws with the cp ammo.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    What i ment was why would anybody spend a bunch of CP points on one arrow? even if it did 1000dmg it's gone once you use it Some rng in a pt of mine used it to pull by mistake Does it give u regen or something? cause i would rather buy regular arrows/bullets^^
    The other answers are kinda vague, especially if you're not familiar with rangers.. basically when you use Unlimited Shot, the next arrow you fire won't get used up, so you'll technically shoot the CP arrow/bolt, but it won't get used up so you'll still have it. Generally only used for ws, after which you'd switch back to expendable ammo.