Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Tiamat bug?

[removed broken link]

I know with filters and everything that pic of the log is pretty inconclusive but yesterday I died at Tiamat for no reason at all. I got my 300 TP, joined the party, lined up, drew my weapon... and died - full HP to zero in a heartbeat. As you can see I never hit to get hate, he never hit me or did any abilities and no one else died. Weird (though funny) as hell especially as no one else died and nobodys log had any reason why I should've. Wondering if it's happened to anybody else.

editedlolz

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I had this happen at King Vinegarron once too. I just dropped dead for no reason. He didnt AOE or even look in my direction.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Exact same thing happened to me on tiamat. Lined up to ws and just fell over from full hp. Didn't say I took any damage at all, just that i was defeated and i was the only one who took any kind of damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That has actually happened to me twice in recent memory.

The first time was when Fafnir popped with 200+ people in the Aery it did not appear on my screen. I was running for the exit and took a full on breath and it killed me. I didn't even get a message about damage taken, that I was defeated, or even that I dropped to the ground.

The second time was yesterday whilst fighting the Jailer of Prudence. I died, and then it showed up on top of me. This time I got a message about it defeating me at least.

I am guessing something got screwed up with the chat filters in the last update, since I never filter the damage I take.

Probably lag? maybe. Plus all the stupid server problems lately...
    Defently lag actualy, i mean if lag causes a WS message to apper x3, it can make a message NOT apper.

Note, if a GM does do something to your character, it will show the debug message.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Missing messages happen all the time to me in Dynamis.

I'll try and heal someone and it doesn't say I'm casting, doesn't show any animation, and doesn't show how much I cured for. The person being cured doesn't even know who cured them. Only way I know it worked is I'm missing mp and they aren't dead.

I've even raised people like this and the person being raised doesn't even get the message who raised them. The box just pops up.

Xavier

The only bug we really have with Tiamat is he doesn't drop anything worth the fight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    The only bug we really have with Tiamat is he doesn't drop anything worth the fight.
    Tiamat is female.

...But she is quite stingy.

Happened to me at KB before. I just died and didn't see anything hit me. Same with Kirin. No damage taken being shown. Just lag on the server side and it skips the message apparently.

I've has similar things happen in various extreme lag situations, especially Dynamis. Last time a Vanguard SMN got Astral Flow off for example.

Rest of my post is off topic, but sparked by what those ppl are saying in your SS. Chi Blast on the 3 wyrms isn't really "weird", it just does exactly half the damage it would do on anything else.

If Chi did full damage on the wyrms MNKs would have domination on DD (with SMNs) against them. Its easy enough for a MNK/WHM to stand in Fafnir style position and keep himself alive through AoEs with little to no outside help, all you need is some form of refresh to keep Stoneskin and Regen going. So you could just have a squad of MNKs on the paw swapping in and out without having to deal with TP building on other mobs, without giving the wyrm any TP and without any risk of flailing (because nobody is running around).

Man, I wish Chi didn't do half damage, I want to do that >< I guess you could still do it as it is, but having a damage range for 455-910 instead of 910-1820 (including food/etudes, I still need +2 in MND upgrades gear wise) makes it so much slower, need wice as many MNKs.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

it was probably a breath...sometimes shit just flies on the screen faster then the game processes it. I've eaten genbu breaths (example) for like 600 dmg, but it doesnt show anything in the log.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Just a couple lost packets? I bet someone could write n windower plugin that tracks inbound/outbound + packet loss, at least in a more informative way than the numbers in the upper right.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    it was probably a breath...sometimes shit just flies on the screen faster then the game processes it. I've eaten genbu breaths (example) for like 600 dmg, but it doesnt show anything in the log.
    But how could it one shot someone with around 1300 HP who had zero hate and damage nobody else?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

were you in teh front? sometimes i've seen where if you are in the front and you are tricking on a tank when you swap equipements or just stand there the act of him swinging his face to hit a tank, it likes goes through the tank and hits you but doesn't show on the log AT ALL.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by kearnsy
    were you in teh front?
    I was "inside" the left leg, just behind the Ninja's. From tanking God knows how man Wyrms I know that in that position only the person it's aimed at will take the damage and lets say for argument sake I was a little too far out, why did no tanks take damage?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

i'm not talking about breath damage i'm just talking about melee damage, it's likely - as i've seen it a number of times - that you AND the tank are taking damage, although the nin blinked the attack, you took the full damage but it will never be in your log because of SE's gayness.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd have to agree with some of the stuff said above, sometimes the game just doesn't show things that happened. I'll list some examples from Fafnir.

1) Standing right next to him... Fafnir does Hurricane Wing and no damage shows in the log and I'm not blinded. Fafnir continues to use Hurricane Wing and I even don't bother recasting stoneskin yet I take no damage and am never blinded. Eventually (maybe I moved the glitchy position?), I start taking damage from it and things are normal.

2) Standing far away from Fafnir. Stoneskin is up, Fafnir uses Hurricane Wing and no damage appears in my log. Next Hurricane Wing I take 200+ damage (apparently the first one did hit me and weakened my stoneskin as I normally take 0). Occasionally even the damage from wing the second time doesn't show up in my log, but my HP drops.

3) Fafnir facing the ledge with none of my LS aware (or something like that, was a really long time ago). All our HP drop to 0 (Fafnir used breath) and none of us see what happened in our log.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    3) Fafnir facing the ledge with none of my LS aware (or something like that, was a really long time ago). All our HP drop to 0 (Fafnir used breath) and none of us see what happened in our log.
    Best MPK prevention position, lol.