Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Monarch Linn Patrol Guard     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Cooks get screwed over because the bulk of cooks are morons. ("Hey, this item is selling steadily for for 36k a stack, let me sell mine for 30k a stack." True story.)
    But the issue with cooking is the necessity to have bulk sales to make any kind of decent money. I price @ 999 less than last sale price, usually people try 1k less and don't get it, so they go 1k up but mine sells first. If I'm trying to make decent money I need to move things faster than other people, and if it means losing 7k on my 7 AH slots, oh well. I move those 7 and get 7 more right up while someone else is waitiing for their's to sell.

Obviosuly 36k -> 30k is just retarded, but undercutting is almost a necessity if you want to make money at any decent rate.

It's necessary in all crafts unofrtunately. There is an item I make where the NQ was selling for a million profit! But one other person seemed to know about this as well. The item didn't sell particualrly fast, maybe one every few days. I put one for 3 million, the going rate. Got returned. 3 million again, got returned. Still none had sold. 2.9 million since there were now 3 up, got returned and someone else had already sold for 2.8 million. So I listed for 2.8 million again and someone else sold at 2.6 million while mine got returned. It's a fact of life. Every time you list an item, you're losing a sometimes considerable amount of money. If you want to keep from losing money, you have to undercut. It fucks everything up, it fucks up the market, but that's the way the system works. If my 3 million gil has to be tied up in this item for a month before it sells after listing it 10 times, it wasn't worth it in the first place.