+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is it true that bush was on vacation...

until three days after katrina hit?

i got to an extremely liberal school so what i hear isnt always 100% accurate.

if thats true thats pretty fucked up.

pretty sure its true

why kanye west said "george bush doesnt care about black people" on live tv

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Bush found out that other state, east of Texas, whatever it's called, being completly flooded, could cause a problem for Texas. So he had to do something

bush haters are fags.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hate Bush... and i am actually Gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikwin
    Bush found out that other state, east of Texas, whatever it's called, being completly flooded, could cause a problem for Texas. So he had to do something

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Roree
    I hate Bush... and i am actually Gay.
    I wouldnt expect gay people to like bush in the first place.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

I don't really like bush, but people do understand that most of the blame goes to the half-ass lazy mayor of New Orleans right?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    I don't really like bush, but people do understand that most of the blame goes to the half-ass lazy mayor of New Orleans right?
    No it's Bush's fault that the mayor of New Orleans left a parking lot of school buses to fill with water and float away, instead of helping to evacuate people. Ask anyone on the internet. Fuck even if he hates his citizens he could have saved the school buses.

Also none of the blame rests on certain rednecks in the area that think the fucking national guard helicopters were flying around for target practice (this coming from a redneck). Nor the local police force that was caught ON CAMERA looting stores instead of trying to save people from their homes (many of which were already told to evacuate and wanted to "stick it out".)

Bush is a crack addict and an alcoholic (granted, even from a republican), so let's just blame everything that happens in the world on him instead of trying to improve ourselves. It's the american way! How can it be our fault when we can blame someone else.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

New Orleansens (made term up lol) Were TOLD the Hurricane could destroy everything, but as usual, the whole "We are teh invincible!!!111" typical USA way clouded their eyes and yep.

On another note, the local authorities had said "We need to evacuate" but they never did anything to evac. The only people that managed to do so were the rich people, and the poor people couldn't.

Afroamericans are the most part of New Orleans, and it is even rumored the help was delayed on purpose to erradicate one of the poor sectors of USA. Like killing the weak and useless.

And there's no real strong companies in New Orleans either...

kasber

[quote="I_am_new"]erradicate one of the poor sectors of USA. Like killing the weak and useless.quote]

Only thing that made sence in this thread imho... i feel sorry for some of the ppl just because you would not be human if you did not, but like my family said last night "These ppl think the government going to give them a free pass on life now?"

Watch how many tax payer's $$$ going to go to the poorest state to give all the homeless brand new homes and shit they never even had before.

the national gaurd didnt even show up until three days after the hurricane hit. that alone is out of the power of new orleans and LA and is the direct fault of a higher tierof the government.

bush should have cut his precious vacation short before katrina even hit. if you were aware that a catastrophic event was going to take place in a week to your country and you were president do you think that vacation is appropriate? if bush was on vacation on september 9th, 2001 and recieved word that terrorists were planning on assaulting new york and the pentagon you better beleive that he would have been back in the white house on sept 9th afternoon. oh, and if katrina was going to hit texas, thats another story.

as president, you have to take the heat for events such as this. when the country is experiencing an economic providence the president often recieves praise for his work, regardless of how much of an impact he is on that (in most cases, not much.) so if you are going to take three days to send the proper authorities to the site of the greatest natural distaster in america in over a century then you should, as the representative of this country, be held acountable.

to say that there is no relation between the racial demographic of the area and the lack of response would be irrational.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It is Bush's fault that he allowed the horse whisperer to be in charge of FEMA. It was Bush's fault that the budget for levy upkeep in New Orleans was cut. It is Bush's fault that we have so few National Guard solders here because so many of them are in Iraq.

FEMA did not know that there was a potential for the levies to break, even though they talked about it extensively on CNN the day before the hurricane hit. FEMA did not know that there were people in the Convention Center even though they talked about it extensively on CNN.

Food did not get to people in the Superdome until Friday; coincidentally it arrived the same day Bush arrived in the region. All of that must be the fault of the "half-ass lazy mayor of New Orleans"...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    if bush was on vacation on september 9th, 2001 and recieved word that terrorists were planning on assaulting new york and the pentagon you better beleive that he would have been back in the white house on sept 9th afternoon.
    He has already been hinted in letting those attacks happen on purpose and even planned rofl. So Katrina could be compared to that.... Katrina can't be planned yes, but it sure can be prevented.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    It is Bush's fault that he allowed the horse whisperer to be in charge of FEMA. It was Bush's fault that the budget for levy upkeep in New Orleans was cut. It is Bush's fault that we have so few National Guard solders here because so many of them are in Iraq.

FEMA did not know that there was a potential for the levies to break, even though they talked about it extensively on CNN the day before the hurricane hit. FEMA did not know that there were people in the Convention Center even though they talked about it extensively on CNN.

Food did not get to people in the Superdome until Friday; coincidentally it arrived the same day Bush arrived in the region. All of that must be the fault of the "half-ass lazy mayor of New Orleans"...
    Wonderful.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

to say that there is no relation between the racial demographic of the area and the lack of response would be irrational.
    Welcome to America.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    (many of which were already told to evacuate and wanted to "stick it out".)
    yes, because everyone in new orleans had:

1: a means of leaving whether it be their own transportation or the finances to purchase tickets.
    2: somewhere to go. the thought that entire families all living in the affected area is blasphemous.

its like the government telling America "we are going to get nuked and the country will be lost, everyone evacuate to Canada!" without providing a means of moving them. then, after the fact, saying on the news "hey, we told you we were gonna get nuked, too bad you couldnt get out in time."

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

1: a means of leaving whether it be their own transportation or the finances to purchase tickets.
    2: somewhere to go. the thought that entire families all living in the affected area is blasphemous.

its like the government telling America "we are going to get nuked and the country will be lost, everyone evacuate to Canada!" without providing a means of moving them. then, after the fact, saying on the news "hey, we told you we were gonna get nuked, too bad you couldnt get out in time."
    Very valid point, however sometimes life sucks.

One segment of people will take action to prevent further suckage.

Another segment will take no action expecting to be rescued by someone else.

(No this doesn't include the 85 yr old lady with no family, but then again she wasn't the one shooting rifles at the rescue teams.)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Although Andarvi makes a pretty good point, i donut think that example has anything moderatly resembling blasphemy (sp? lozl) in it.

Blashphemy has incorrectly been accepted as a word similar to outrageous or absurd...when in actuality it carriers religious connotations and is pretty much just the way to describe someone who impersonates LORD JESUS AMEN :'(

I think it was completely fair for someone to say "hey gusy lewk out phat winds commin' this way lozl" and to expect people to leave. It's unfortunate that people got kilt but you can't rely on a government (or at least, this government) to bus everyone out because they arn't willing to split up, take a bus ($29?), ask for a ride, etc. I'm sure if when this warning was issued and someone called the bus station and said "hey look assholes i have no money please let me take the bus" that it would have been done, greyhound would never set themselves up for so huge a lawsuit as one that the child of some 75 year old woman who wound up dead after being refused service.