Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swift Belt     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Swift Belt

Has anybody noticed a low drop rate on this item? I've killed this NM with my LS and we were 3/3. We've done this event about 10 times since then and were 1/10. Farming the codex is bad enough but the drop rate seems to either be 100% or 0% for us. Wondering if anybody else has seen a similar trend or is it just bad luck?

100% or 0% lol. That's how drops work. Either you get it, or you don't.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Went 1-8 on my belt =(

Edit: went 0-4 on elvaan.. tried hume went 1-4

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    100% or 0% lol. That's how drops work. Either you get it, or you don't.
    What he means is everytime we've done it either all of them drop or we get none. Like first day we did 3 got 3, next day did 4 got 0. All of our pops for the day either dropped, or none of them did.

Well, some thoughts.

1) You got unlucky
    2) There is some correlation between drop rate, race of person who pops, race of Fomor popped.
    3) There is some correlation between day/moon and drop rate.

Personally I'm leaning towards #2. For all kills, do you remember a) the race of the person who popped it, and b) the race of the fomor that was popped?, and c) whether it dropped on that kill?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You can only the pop the same one as your race...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Well I'm looking for some ideas / suggestions like divisortheory brought up. What I've also thought about is could there be a possible level of hate higher then whats needed to pop it? Something else to think about are those rare/ex throwing items which are also suppose to drop from these NM. I havnt seen one yet and starting to doubt they exist.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Those sachets drop from the new set of "Aroma" NM's in gusgen/ordelles/shakhrami.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

nah kaali, I think you weren't there, but the day I got my belt we were like 1/4, so it hasn't been 0% or 100% per run *all* the time

Interesting theory could come out of this though, like how the maze changes depending on day of the week, maybe which race is set to drop might depend on day of the week or something as well

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid
    Those sachets drop from the new set of "Aroma" NM's in gusgen/ordelles/shakhrami.
    speaking of those, how are they popped? PH or trade?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I think it has to be your rse week at the appointed area and you can just pop em at a ???. Not positive tho as they're not worth trying for (at least taru one )

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I never found the codex to be that hard to get, I farmed a few of them up solo as thf/nin. There's 3 stegotaurs near the entrance of sacrarium on a 15 minute repop, and my drop rate was better than 1/10 with TH2. I was able to kill the three of them about as fast as they popped. Sleep bolts, acid bolts, sneak attack. That's all you need. I'm sure ninja can destroy them, they're only DC, and elemental ni's tear up the DC taurus in the aquaducts.