+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Burning subtitles :O     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Burning subtitles :O

lol would you all be so kind to illustrate the computer noob?

I'm trying to burn Advent Children with the subtitles but when i try to use virtualdub, it tells me the audio is something or other and I'd have to decompress it and compress it and use it as a seperate file cause something about improper VBR encoding and the such.

How do I extract the audio? with VirtualDub it extracts it with the same delay. I tried that and it still does that skew thing of like 5 seconds >_<; help me! how do I burn it!

I tried using Nandub too but that makes me an 80 gig file and I don't know where to select the compressor in that program

Sorry for the big picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/lasitha/evil.jpg

Relic Shield
    BG Level

No clue, id wait for Andarvi or Almaa to give you there pearls of wisdom.

on a side note, watch out... Raiko is looking for love.... ONLINE!

all i did to get subs was DL the movie (714mb) then the subtitles file (414kb).

i tried putting subs in WMA and VLC media player but had little success so i DLed crystal player and it worked fine. all u gotta do after you download everything needed, open the movie in crystal player, right click and select add subtitles. the option to browse all your files will come up, select the subtitle file and there ya go, perfect subtitles.

I had the same problem.

you have no idea what I went through to get subtitles permanently on the video..........

Old Merits
    BG Level

This guide will show you how. It will also divide the film into two so you can make VCDs.

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/153058.php

Sea Torques
    BG Level

No Andarvi XD im not that noob. i mean to burn them. when i try it gives me that error in the pic when i try to load the video in virtualdub to save a new avi with the subtitles in so i could burn it. but the audio is out of sync when i try because of the encoding. orz

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    This guide will show you how. It will also divide the film into two so you can make VCDs.

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/153058.php
    thx, i'll try it when i get home. Biochemistry class 4tw

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

extract the audio with another program (look one up) and import it into whatever version you're using of virtualdub and disable the current one.

I used to run into these problems because instead of people compressing the audio at a constant bit rate, they would make it go from small to big to keep file size small, and at the same time keep the quality of the audio at a good quality (If i remember, i have not encoded fansubs in a long time)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I tried looking one up but couldn't find it <-<;

Sea Torques
    BG Level

tried with the guide 1/2pint but all I got was video... audio didn't load up and I can't find how to separate it.

For some reason when I try to convert the .avi to .mpg, the subtitles won't appear. I've followed all the directions stated on the website for burning subtitles into it, it works when I play the .avi, but not for .mpg.

Anyone know how to fix this?