Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Questions

So I am sitting at work browsing forums and I read up some funny shit about Asura and I wonder what you guys think over here in BG forums.

It seems a trend lately on Asura for former "Top" HNMls's to team up(they have not broken up), now normally I would say that is great for something like Dynamis; but I am talking about ls's that could and have in the past tackled kings on their own, and now I see them teaming up to fight the kings; so I wonder/ask, should I laugh at this? Is it sad to see ls's team up and fight mobs now that can be handled by a single ls as if they were doing Dynamis?

I mean goddamn, I go to Dragon's Aery and I see ls's together and wonder if SE implemented Dynamis-Fafhogg or in Behemoth's Dominion I can't help but feel I somehow missed where it sudenly became Dynamis-Behemoth.

Maybe I miss the days when HNMls's competed against each other for pulls, there were no KS, MPK (mind you, no one does that now either) to worry about, just the rush for pull then the thrill of the fight followed by your win (or for some at times, the shame of defeat); or maybe I just should feel sorry or laugh to see this happen? Any thoughts? Should I /point and then /laugh when I see these ls's? Or should I shake it off? I should note that while my LS does the wyrms on our own (including Vrtra) these ls's team up for them, and have yet to kill them (well one of the combined jp ls's has killed Tiamat only) either on their own or together.

I guess the point of my long-winded post is this:
    Is there really any reason to team up with another ls for fafhogg or behe/kb when your own ls is capable of killing?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can laugh, or smile upon it. I dont understand why people seem to get pissed off when 2 ls's help each other out (and no, I dont mean you, you asked a simple question). A similar thing happened on bahamut, and people got pissed at the 2 linkshells (the names are not important, and yes I am in one)

I guess in the end, it just gives the ls's who didnt get the claim something to cry about

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here's a topic in which opinions about such a thing have been expressed.

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3788

Does it really matter if they team up? Is it affecting you in anyway when the kill it? No. So they can do what they want and play how they play. I don't think it is a big deal. There are no rules to this game beyond the cheat hax, rmt, and harrassment. What is so wrong with teaming up if they feel like it?.

Edit: Oh and your ls is not the only ls to kill the wyrms solo on Asura.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Go Go Go Dalv. Almost 100 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Go Go Go Delv. Almost 100 ^^
    Almost there ^^; Right now I need to craft for some more gil. Going a little broke.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

At what point in smithing do you stop farming and focus on income generated from crafting?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol?

You're self?

/gg

IN responce to Dalvaris:

Did I say that we are the only ones that can kill the wyrms solo(well we the only ones to kill Vrtra on Asura period where almost a 100 man force from 2 ls's failed like fools)? No I basically am referring to the ones that this applies to, you know who they are, just sparing names.

I read the thread, thx Hirro, it kinda put some perspective in this situation.

Dalv, take that stick out of your ass that you always carry, maybe if you stop ks'ing devil mantas fished up by former ls mates(you know the ls you left after you got your Koehnig body?), you would have the common sense to know how this affects alot of people. By these ls's not combining it means that the ToD's would make it available for more than just the EU/JP zoners.

The whole basis of an "HNMLS" IMO is to be able to tackle at least HNMs on their own, they are not, so that is fucking pathetic in my eyes, I guess the phrase {Too Weak} in the auto translator was there for a reason, to describe this whole team ups on hnms

This all depends on how much of a presence NA shells and JP shells have on your server. If most of your competition is from other NA shells, and keeping HNMs in NA prime means LESS pulls for your LS, then there's no reason to team up.

If most of your competition is from JP shells, and keeping HNMs in NA prime as a team means that all the NAs have a chance at pulling a king before things slip into JP prime, then maybe teaming up is a good idea.

Drops get hairy, and intended ToDs get hairy as well. And it's hard for 2 (or 3 or more) linkshells to all agree to let a NQ sit to maintain a good ToD, when everyone suspects that someone's going to claim and kill for the loot in the present, not the chance at a king the next day.

Midgard tends not to team up, though in the past there have been some instances here and there. The JP LS that kills wyrms and dynamis lord is still the only major conglomerate that exists on our server.

First off, it was an unclaimed devil manta and only one. Second, I didnt leave because I got koenig body. There are other reasons that led to that. Third, why don't you ask your fearless, beloved almighty officer why he left after he got Adaman Hauberk. Anyway, let us leave the flaming out of this. I like this site, don't want to get banned and this is not KI.

They can team up and kill how they want. Did they mpk you to get it? No. And I know what lses you are talking about. But it doesn't matter. They killed it, got an awsome drop, and now people are upset about it. And by you saying "IMO," it is just that, your opinion. There are no rules to determine what an hnmls is. I think it is pathetic for you to bring this up on a forum and try to belittle the people that killed it.

Also, Too Weak is not in the auto translator for that reason. It is there to describe what a monster cons.

Oh wait, thats right, I forgot you left after that fat fuck whose dick you love sucking got kicked for being an asshole as usual; but funny that you stayed till shortly after your Koehnig, concidence? Yeah...

Then tell me what an HNMLS is supposed to do? Gather up and ask another ls to come with and zerg an HNM? Yeah, that works great, I don't give a shit about their drop, does not affect me the slightest, I find it pathetic that they team up to kill since they can barely (if they can actually) kill on their own at the current hnm times, well if you can't kill alone wait then for the next ls to come and die, it actually helps everyone out to have more of their own ls there when the times are a bit more "NA oriented".

Oh and "unclaimed" manta? God you are a bigger idiot than I thought, you do know you have to fish them up first, you did not fish it up, that is KS since only a fucking retard would think that someone fishing there would not want a chance for angel skin; but again you knew what you were doing, just like how you stopped going to any ls event after you got your drop..oh yeah forgot about you keeping Osode too, I guess you probably even sold that like you fat fucking lover too?

Re: Questions

Quote Originally Posted by othellojr
    I should note that while my LS does the wyrms on our own (including Vrtra) these ls's team up for them, and have yet to kill them (well one of the combined jp ls's has killed Tiamat only) either on their own or together.
    There is where you said your ls is the only one that can kill solo.

Quote Originally Posted by othellojr
    Oh wait, thats right, I forgot you left after that fat fuck whose dick you love sucking got kicked for being an asshole as usual; but funny that you stayed till shortly after your Koehnig, concidence? Yeah...

Then tell me what an HNMLS is supposed to do? Gather up and ask another ls to come with and zerg an HNM? Yeah, that works great, I don't give a shit about their drop, does not affect me the slightest, I find it pathetic that they team up to kill since they can barely (if they can actually) kill on their own at the current hnm times, well if you can't kill alone wait then for the next ls to come and die, it actually helps everyone out to have more of their own ls there when the times are a bit more "NA oriented".

Oh and "unclaimed" manta? God you are a bigger idiot than I thought, you do know you have to fish them up first, you did not fish it up, that is KS since only a fucking retard would think that someone fishing there would not want a chance for angel skin; but again you knew what you were doing, just like how you stopped going to any ls event after you got your drop..oh yeah forgot about you keeping Osode too, I guess you probably even sold that like you fat fucking lover too?
    Wow. You are just way too intelligent for me. You know everything too obviously since I got the drop before said person got kicked. Also, when you sneak fish, it means you do not have the intent to kill any mob you fish up, so inturn that is not a ks.

Say what you will though. This doesn't phase me in the least. Just because your uber, holier than thou ls isnt getting pull anymore isnt a reason to get your panties in a bunch.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah Machina isnt the only LS that can kill wyrms as we proved by beating J-dragon Monday night and Tiamat (a second time) last night completely solo. But I dont think thats what OJ meant that they were only ones anyway.

As far as the whole team up thing. It's thier choice to team up I guess and I cant fault them for that. Personally Id rather kill the King with my LS only and keep the drops in my LS. But as Dalv said its their perogative really. Now the whole team up thing during a random is another issue that I wont go into. Asura FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayos
    Yeah Machina isnt the only LS that can kill wyrms as we proved by beating J-dragon Monday night and Tiamat (a second time) last night completely solo. But I dont think thats what OJ meant that they were only ones anyway.
    At least someone read what I said right, I meant the ones teaming up have not even killed 1 of the wyrms solo:

JP:
    Will teamed up on their kills at tiamat
    Armada failed on j-dragon and tiamat solo

NA:
    NK have failed alone and team ups and using a shitload of people too
    Precedence see comment on NK

So here it is, some names if you wanted them, maybe next time Dalvaris you can use Hook on Phonics, I hear they do wonders for people's reading comprehension since I seem to have to spell things out for you, just as you still believe if someone sneak fishes for Mantas they do not want them...Yeah you are bright, but then again, we all knew that

I know how to read and write. Look at my post compared to yours. Plus, I don't resort to the childish name calling and cursing that you do. You need to come up with something a lot better than a devil manta that happened what? three months ago.

I love the bitterness of people that need to try and flame to make themselves feel better or to try and look good. I leave the ls that I was extremely dedicated to and this is what happens. Now I know that there are only a handfull of mature players that play this game.

Edit: Oh and go back to page 1, the last post. I quoted you on the wyrm thing.

You quoted me and misread what I wrote, so what is your point? I find it hilarious you are trying to take the "mature" route here and I am not? I can recall plenty of times of your immaturity on vent and in game chat, but pretend you are a saint here since most people don't know how you really are.

omg, Asura drama belongs on KI, not BG kthx