Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which moon?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Which moon?

Which phase of the moon do you try for HQs? So far i've tested this with a couple other ppl. While HQ rates were all pretty low.. (we're trying to synth 98~103 lvl items) the phase which we had the best luck was cresent (got 3 HQs from 24 synths.. 1 in 8.. not bad.. synth day was same as element). So question: Which phase of the moon do you synth on? and which day do you synth on.. go for the safe bet and synth on crystal day? or gamble and go on opposite day?

Synth any time / constantly. I notice no pattern wrt higher hqs during particular moonphases.

You don't find that darksday has higher chance for breaks? no matter moon phase?

Therefore do you think the same about skill up's, anytime, no matter the moon phase? Im currently going through a painful stage in smithing; ;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I have no craft at 90+, but several at 60+ and from my experience, skillups roll better when i craft during near-full of full moon.

For HQs, I seem to have better luck during darksday new moons. every other new moon day is quite good too, but darksday seems to add a little bonus to me. Could be placebo though, since I don't have thousands of HQs behind me >.<

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Synth any time / constantly. I notice no pattern wrt higher hqs during particular moonphases.
    Seconded, just craft alot

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've found that good and bad days to craft are completly independant of moonphase/day of the week. If I am going to bulk craft, I will get a lot of ingredients and try out a test stack. If I get good results I keep going, if I don't I stop. I have never seen a bad crafting day turn into a good one.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I have never seen a bad crafting day turn into a good one.
    lol.. I second this too. If I don't have a good feeling after 12 synths, typically I should stop (and don't) and then proceed to NQ the next 24 or 36 too ><

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    I have never seen a bad crafting day turn into a good one.
    lol.. I second this too. If I don't have a good feeling after 12 synths, typically I should stop (and don't) and then proceed to NQ the next 24 or 36 too ><
    I have the same problem. ; ;

moon defanitely effects your crafting. leveling wood from 99-100 i went through 18 adaman ingots at random times getting only .3 skill up. new moon on day of crystal faceing E i got to .7 skill with 17 ingots. the same happened when i was crafting those damn harps and lancewood logs. random times rarely showed me any skill. what seemed to effect skillup the most is faceing the right direction on the day of the crystal. also i HQ at a much higher rate on ice day useing wind crystal. new moon +day of crystal i was synthing non stop NQ then ice day rolled around at 0:00 got 3HQ in a row. I call BS on people who say its random and craft what ever moon, day and direction. to many good (and bad >.<) synthes have happened during certain times to be coincidence.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elita.
    moon defanitely effects your crafting. leveling wood from 99-100 i went through 18 adaman ingots at random times getting only .3 skill up. new moon on day of crystal faceing E i got to .7 skill with 17 ingots. the same happened when i was crafting those damn harps and lancewood logs. random times rarely showed me any skill. what seemed to effect skillup the most is faceing the right direction on the day of the crystal. also i HQ at a much higher rate on ice day useing wind crystal. new moon +day of crystal i was synthing non stop NQ then ice day rolled around at 0:00 got 3HQ in a row. I call BS on people who say its random and craft what ever moon, day and direction. to many good (and bad >.<) synthes have happened during certain times to be coincidence.
    When I was stuck in the hell that was Sweet Rice Cakes, I got .6 skill ups in 12 synths on Windsday random moon. (I missed Watersday, and there are too many ingredients to just let them sit in your mog.) For every good crafting/skill up full or new moon I can show you 4 bad ones. For every good crafting/skill up strong/weak/harmonious/neutral day compared to the crystal I can show you 4 bad ones.

Let's face it, crafting just sucks.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Let's face it, crafting just sucks.
    Yes.

The only pattern to crafting is that there is no pattern.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

The only thing consistant for me is that I've only had bad things happen when I craft during mid moon phases (anything between 40 and 60%, waning or waxing, any day of the week). I seem to get minimal skillups and minimal hqs, and I craft more then enough to notice that trend.

I have the same philosophy as Aurik whereas I just don't care most of the time and craft whenever I feel like it (doesn't mean I'm successful, just means I'm lazy), but almost every time I've been on a really bad streak with skills or nqs I /clock and sure enough, it's in that damn moon phase.

My 2 wise braconi +1, wise pigaches +1, and 4 mahatma pigaches were all on watersday full moon though. I made a panther +1 in full moon as well, but I don't remember the day

Quote Originally Posted by Vecan
    (doesn't mean I'm successful, just means I'm lazy)
    Damn straight! Lazy crafters unite!