Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Sub what everyone else subs, NINJA!
    Then have everyone scream to nerf it because it's overpowered.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by obnoticus
    Well based on the screen shots it looks more like a DD/support job than a main healer for sure. And seeing how its a Mage job it probably won't be melee much if at all though it'd be interesting to see a mage melee DD kind. Then again what the hell does a blue mage sub?
    Without seeing it in battle, I would guess WHM. Since healing skill doesn't matter much, BLU would be probably be relegated main heal depending on how early they start gaining abilities and how good those abilities are. (Let the bitterness flow.)

Dear Lordwafik,

I challenge you to a BG forum trolling contest.

Deciet duel rules, ok?

Reply before sunset.

- Judah

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was thinking WHM sub too. Maybe it will be like a DRGs wyvern of sorts? By that I mean I could see this job being able to do healing breathe and offensive breathe attacks. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I hope more info comes out that shows blue mage isn't even a job, and like.. the focal characters in the next expansion are these two fags running around in the blue aladdin outfits.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I am just happy they adding new stuff, and finnaly a new job (or 2!)

Demosthenes11

I still say we don't need new jobs, even out the ones we have first

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    I still say we don't need new jobs, even out the ones we have first
    Really, in terms of current game balence, we don't need any new jobs. But in terms of players being bored and wanting something different to try, we do.

Okay.... I wouldn't be able to leave from work on time if I actually read through all these pages. If, and only if BLU is done right, it'll probably be somewhere along the lines of Strago from FF6.

In FF6, Strago learned Beast Abilities if he was in the party, and if you took the time to get him all his abilities, he was one of your better all-around players. With abilities learned such as Mighty Guard (Protectra 2 and Shellra 2), Healing Wind (Curaga 2), Quasar (Massive AOE damage spell), and Doom Train (OMG DIE); you get a player that can fit that needed spot in any party.

More than likely, SE will make BLU a supporting class, somewhere along the lines of their move with BRD. Of course, me not being a SE employee, this is all speculation, but my hopes for this new job are high. BLU seems like it can be a great addition to a party, and one that could prove to be a BST's best sub. For partying use, I see BLU/WHM, BLU/SMN, BLU/BRD as the possibilities most used.

Now... let the flames begin for my thoughts of this job's gaming career.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think it'll be closer to having an ability you use on the target and try to learn something from it..

Anyone wanna make a bet that the only way you can learn an ability is to use your 2hr and get affected by it?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Anyone wanna make a bet that the only way you can learn an ability is to use your 2hr and get affected by it?
    I hope they make it like Gau in FF3/6. He's not really a true Blue Mage, but kinda similar... At least you wouldn't see 3000 people all leveling Blue Mage at the same time if your character vanished and became unplayable whenever you wanted to learn something. :D

i would bet my money on that idea too, and plus, whatever JA your going to get is going to be nerfed like hell

take bst for example, my spider will sickle slash my target spider for ... 60-250 at whatever level i was then, but that SAME target spider will hit me for 250-500+ being its like 6 levels higher than me.

plus you probably have go gain TP to use the move , after you've used 2hour to absorb, and be really disapointed in the results.

but on a coolness factor i'll give it a 6/10 >.>

oh oh oh, what i'd like to see, is shit like where you can get so much fire resist that you'll absorb it! and bar-spells that have more noticable effect, rather than having 100+ barfire and still taking firespells like a bitch on fire.

Old Merits
    BG Level

This will be more stupid then the DRG 2hour. It will be a job ability like Divine Seal. 10 minutes or even 30 minutes are enough. 2 hours would be just stupid. That way Blue Mage would hv nothing to be SSJ for a little time like all the other jobs are when they use 2 hour.
    Blue Mages strength is he can use Enemy skills like you know and all 2 hours (except maybe nin) make that job on what it mainly does stronger.

BST/SMN - pet
    WHM - healing
    BLM - nuking
    DRG - make DRG stronger with calling a wyvy
    RDM - fast casting
    MNK - hitting like crazy
    SAM - TP moveing ect ect

so everything is based on make the jobs in some way stronger and what abilities should he get then, when his 2 hour is absorbing???

so his 2hour will imo make his abilities stronger (and learn em with "/ja"), cause i dont think BLU will be that awesome, it will just be a job for cooler, funnier tactics, fights and new ways of enfeebling. But the moves from enemys wont help you that much on EXP PT like when mobs use it on you.

Maybe he can use with 2 hour abilties once like from HNM n stuff, what i dont really think so, but for sure NOT absorbing skills with 2 hour on only.

Can´t wait to see BLU in game ^ ^.

Quote Originally Posted by bercus
    This will be more stupid then the DRG 2hour. It will be a job ability like Divine Seal. 10 minutes or even 30 minutes are enough. 2 hours would be just stupid. That way Blue Mage would hv nothing to be SSJ for a little time like all the other jobs are when they use 2 hour.
    Blue Mages strength is he can use Enemy skills like you know and all 2 hours (except maybe nin) make that job on what it mainly does stronger.
    Two words: Square-Enix. Nothing you can say at this point is definate.

BST/SMN - pet
    WHM - healing
    BLM - nuking
    DRG - make DRG stronger with calling a wyvy
    RDM - fast casting
    MNK - hitting like crazy
    SAM - TP moveing ect ect

so everything is based on make the jobs in some way stronger and what abilities should he get then, when his 2 hour is absorbing???
    Speculation, they could easily make abilities TP moves or give them a Bloodpact type design. They could even make they scrolls you can use to learn them or they could be asborbed by a JA which is your 2hr. Again, it's SE anything can happen.

so his 2hour will imo make his abilities stronger (and learn em with "/ja"), cause i dont think BLU will be that awesome, it will just be a job for cooler, funnier tactics, fights and new ways of enfeebling. But the moves from enemys wont help you that much on EXP PT like when mobs use it on you.

Maybe he can use with 2 hour abilties once like from HNM n stuff, what i dont really think so, but for sure NOT absorbing skills with 2 hour on only.

You, in no way, know for certain that it won't happen, unless you work on the dev team or are sleeping with someone who does, you do NOT know what will be. Just because you wish it not to be doesn't mean it won't happen.

Old Merits
    BG Level

You, in no way, know for certain that it won't happen, unless you work on the dev team or are sleeping with someone who does, you do NOT know what will be. Just because you wish it not to be doesn't mean it won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bercus
    This will be more stupid then the DRG 2hour. .... 2 hours would be just stupid.... and what abilities should he get then, when his 2 hour is absorbing??? ..
    so his 2hour will imo make his abilities stronger (and learn em with "/ja"), cause i dont think BLU will be that awesome, ...
    Well you asked if someone wants to bet and i posted what i think like what you think, yes its speculation but if you read my post correct [bold], yes its what i THINK will happen, cause 2 hour will be just stupid. Wow i wrote but for sure NOT absorbing skills with 2 hour on only.
    ... thats what i think and you post like i said it will 100% happen rofl, dont wanna know what you take personal in RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bercus
    This will be more stupid then the DRG 2hour. .... 2 hours would be just stupid.... and what abilities should he get then, when his 2 hour is absorbing??? ..
    so his 2hour will imo make his abilities stronger (and learn em with "/ja"), cause i dont think BLU will be that awesome, ...
    Well you asked if someone wants to bet and i posted what i think like what you think, yes its speculation but if you read my post correct [bold], yes its what i THINK will happen, cause 2 hour will be just stupid. Wow i wrote but for sure NOT absorbing skills with 2 hour on only.
    ... thats what i think and you post like i said it will 100% happen rofl, dont wanna know what you take personal in RL.
    You should've phrased it better then. When I said "Anyone wanna make a bet" I didn't mean it like that, it was my opinion about it. Then you said "but for sure not absorbing skills with 2 hour on only", which to me sounds like you wanna make my idea/opinion redundant. Before that you said "This will be more stupid then DRG 2hr", again makes it sound like you wish to make my idea/opinion redundant. You go on to say "It will be (notice that this is where you sound like you know 100%) a JA like Divine Seal."

You get it now?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Learning Abilities will not be the BLU 2 hour, what happens after a Lv 75 BLU has learned everything? do they no longer have a 2 hour?

my best guess on a 2 hour would be something that lets you use the high tier enemy abilities that normally can't be used when 2 hour is not active.

I'm sure you could make abilities stronger while 2 hour is in effect. Make it like SMN/BST 2 hour, make it last 2-3mins, can asborb 1 skill while it's in effect (or more, whatever) and make the skills used stronger, but then the skills contraints should be like BPs if it happens like that. Considering the past, I wouldn't be surprized if they did that (not word for word).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What if...? To learn a mob ability, you would require TP. By using that TP you will only learn ability if the monster has TP itself and thus you must absorb his TP and return it back them.

What if...? You'll have to re-learn the ability every time you face off against particular mob?

I doubt they'll make those abilities that easy to attain. Most likely it will be something like....

Monster will drop an "orb". Orb must be used as food during fight, than use ability to absorb monster's ability when you have enough TP. Wouldn't be surprised if they made a separate section on AH for BLU "spells".