Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    AZM prolly would be mistaken for Asian Mage.
    Even better.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

AzM PrYdE!!111`

Anyway, going back to Blue Mage, if you look at the video they're in the same pose as casting Black Magic spells (look at the Hume doing the Breath attack).

I really do think Blue Mage will use MP for their attacks. Along with that, I believe they'll have like 1 Minute recasts (their AF would have recast delays and crap) and cost a shit load of MP (say 500+ for 1,000 Needles) so they are powerful but once every minute. (Meaning you could do 1,000 Needles and then do Healing Breeze... and being fucked for MP kinda (i bet they'll have more MP then RDM but not WHM)) I also think that Blue Mage will learn only one move per mob but I have no idea about JAs (2 hour might be hier tier pet move or Soul Voice like, or like Eseal for a 10 minute)

What do you other people think about this?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione
    I really do think Blue Mage will use MP for their attacks. Along with that, I believe they'll have like 1 Minute recasts (their AF would have recast delays and crap) and cost a shit load of MP (say 500+ for 1,000 Needles) so they are powerful but once every minute. (Meaning you could do 1,000 Needles and then do Healing Breeze... and being fucked for MP kinda (i bet they'll have more MP then RDM but not WHM)) I also think that Blue Mage will learn only one move per mob but I have no idea about JAs (2 hour might be hier tier pet move or Soul Voice like, or like Eseal for a 10 minute)
    The whole once a minute thing just sounds like another SMN-ish job. Due to not being able to do anything for minute at a time almost guarantees that this form of Blue Mage would become a support/main healer of some kind among players (having to sub whm). I don't like the idea.

What I mean by that whole 1 Minute Recast I mean you can do 1,000 needles and wait 1 minute but during that time you can do Spider Web and Fiery Breath or Healing Breeze or whatever. By saying that it has a one minute recast, I mean that you can be like: 1,000 Needles, 1,000 Needles, 1,000 Needles, 1,000 Needles, etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok, if that's the case... it sounds better

Old Merits
    BG Level

Anyway, going back to Blue Mage, if you look at the video they're in the same pose as casting Black Magic spells (look at the Hume doing the Breath attack).

What do you other people think about this?
    I think,
    - you can learn like 37~70 Skills up to 75.
    - Have something like a "Enemy skill" on skill list like Ninjutsu. And that will go up just like other skills but as hard as like Summoning skill. The higher the skill the better the hit rate and the dmg output of the skill does dmh or enfeeble/heal/buff or whatever
    - 2 hour could increase the power of this or
    giv him the option to use something special (whatever that is)
    - has abilities for whatever
    - IF this is a Blue Mage, it uses the skills with MP, as long thats what a Mage does, it has to be MP use.
    - The possibility to be able to learn a skill will be based on its "Enemy skill" (or whatever name they will chose) or on level. This will prevent learning all spells at low lvl or I dont know
    - Also i think a job ability connected to a job trait will be the way how you learn.
    - I like the idea someone mentioned Blue Mages will have to use Scrolls. Thatfor they can make quests for Scrolls ect ect ect , but i think it can also be like, you use something like a scroll and THEN your able to learn the Skill from a mob, just like Ninjustu Magic, if you use the scroll you still need something to cast it (tools).
    - Skills have recast timers, goin up to 10 mins prolly? something like Avve~ mentioned

/bump

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's prolly cause SE is too lazy to design any new battle animation. Prime example is RDM JSE, I mean, come on? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bercus
    I like the idea someone mentioned Blue Mages will have to use Scrolls. That for they can make quests for Scrolls ect ect ect , but i think it can also be like, you use something like a scroll and THEN your able to learn the Skill from a mob, just like Ninjustu Magic, if you use the scroll you still need something to cast it (tools).
    Could be, which means new crafting recepies could be implemented.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

2 hour = making pie