Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smithing level 88 - 100     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smithing level 88 - 100

Since I haven't seen much on here about smithing id like to get some feedback on what other smithers have been doing.

I just hit 87 today and plan on getting 88 quickly off of Kansada +1's. But the road past that looks to be very difficult.... Any advanced smithers out there that have a good road to follow?

Also, is there a recommended direction/day/time you woudl recommend synthing with a fire crystal on? After doing 15 synths without a .1 I feel i need some tips >.< Thanks

-nore

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Make adaman ingots/sheets to where they cap at, cursed gears too. Wootz ingots/relic iron to cap also :d.

I would say zanbato--->adaman ingot to 90. then death scythe to 93. After that it's a combination of adaman pieces and wootz ingot. Just wondering, what do people do with these wootz ingots?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

NPC.

Take Adaman Ingots to 90 using Ore x3 recipe. If it's not absolutely fucking impossible to find Adaman Nuggets on your server, take it to 91 using the Nugget x6 recipe. Then, drop the gil for about 13 stacks of Darksteel Ingots and powerlevel on Death Scythe. Keep them on a mule, slowly selling them off on the AH. After 93, start making Cursed Celatas and Adaman Cuisses, Relic Steel, Wootz Ingot, and I personally am throwing in the occasional Hachiman Domaru (currently 92.7). You won't be gaining levels very fast from this point on. Make sure Goldsmithing is capped at 60 before you attempt a piece of Adaman Gear. Cursed gear is great before 94 because first you make Adaman Chains, then you make the actual Cursed Gear. Rare chance to HQ the Adaman Chain which is like w00t, and even still you get skillup on the Adaman Chains and then more skillup on the cursed gear.

Also, before synthing -anything-, use gear +1, +2, or +3, combined with support of +1, +2, or +3 to bring you -exactly- to cap of whatever item you're synthing. Not 1 level over cap because skillup will suck. And not 1 level below cap because you'll break more often, and you won't ever HQ. Exactly at cap

As for day/moon it's just random. Sometimes you get shit luck, sometimes you get great luck. I had a mule with a Lv. 96.2 craft. Did a back to back run of 7 synths, and got 0.6 which is a fucking godsend considering each synth is in the millions as far as cost is concerned. Other times I've done 10 synths over 3 days and gotten 0 though. Take the good with the bad.

Thank you all for your quick input. Today I plan on hittin 88 on this Fukin gey Kansada +1's. Oh how many i've NPCed so far ^^. I plan on taking all of your inputs to good use. Divisor, thank you for the info on being exactly at cap to get best skill ups, I look forward to using this technique on these fun synths to come.

Oh, and offhand do you know the NPC value on Wootz, or Relic Steel ? Since there always seems to be pluntiful amounts in the AH.

Also I didn't ask before, but it seems the only big $ makers are going to involve Haubergeon +1, Hauberk + 1 (later), and some various weapons. Is 88 too early to try and +1 a haubergeon, since i believe the cloth cap is 48, so you could only possibly be at the 1 tier mark, no matter your smithing level.

(if you have any big $ makers i havent thought of and want to share feel free Thanks. )

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Makochin
    ...Just wondering, what do people do with these wootz ingots?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ryany/woot.jpg

Maybe square will make gobbiebag 7 require them or make them some pop item for a new NM.

Lmao Ryany. What do they NPC for?^^^^^^ Since you seem to be the person to ask. Also, what lvl smithing you at ? and..... could you answer any questions I had from my previous post

Wow, I wonder how many Wootz Ingots I'd have if I kept them. 8)

Personally, I from 93 to 95 using an underleveled WW sub, breaking Bhuj's with fire support in mog house. I made Hachiman Kote/Feet/Head, Relic Iron, Wootz Ingot, Cursed Head/Feet/Hands to 93. 95+ Relic Iron until you cap them out, Wootz ingots, Adaman gear, Tabarzin, Culverin, whatever you can find. Loss depends on server, I'm 98 at the moment and it's cost me around 20M from 90 till now, not to mention countless hours waiting for Adaman pieces to sell. You could lose quite a bit less if you don't make Bhuj/Death Scythe but it'll take much longer.

You wipe your ass with 20mil dont you iki?

Haha. Well I got some money to throw around, hopefully it can take me to mid 90's^^ Again... I never was told what they NPC for.... maybe 5K per... (HOpefully, or more). Thanks for the info. Damn my wood is already at 60 cant use that to help me ; ; Only gold is left to get up to 60. Thanks again

-nore

How much are Wootz Ingots on your server? 150K on Lakshmi.

Septislut Sexy Brigade
    BG Level

65k on bahamut

Sorry, I don't know what they NPC for or I'd tell you Good idea though, I might go find out one of these days.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

wootz ingot npc for like 4-5k

relic steel is like 5.5k

Funny, that NPCing those is probably the cheapest skillup route then lol. At least on my server. Adaman market has been crashed and is usually about 100k loss / synth.

Adaman gear is 200-300k loss on lakshmi. Wootz Ingot are nice, only 175k loss.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What's the HQ rate on Adaman armor?

Tnx for the reply Litwin. NPCing those will probably be my best route.... 20-30k per woots ore, and only like 10k at the moment for relic steel. I cant wait till i get a few more levels to jump into that NPC market

and divisor... did you synth all those in 1 sitting? or is that a good copy + paste job?^^

-nore

Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ryany
    Quote Originally Posted by Makochin
    ...Just wondering, what do people do with these wootz ingots?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/ryany/woot.jpg

Maybe square will make gobbiebag 7 require them or make them some pop item for a new NM.
    orz, how much do they npc for